There's no real electronics stores anymore

As for your resistors, you can try a electrical supplier or email your community college electronics instructor and say, "Yo, dude, I need a resistor. Know any place I can get one"

That's precisely what I was getting ready to do. I thought of it right before you mentioned that. Ha.

Because I really donlt wanna wait for mail. I wanna get this little job done today.

There's a guy with a shop here in the college town who fixes computers who I've bought computer parts from before. Gonna give him a call. Good thinking!

He's got a cool little shop, too. He has a lot of those 80s arcade games in there for sale. Lots of cool stuff.

What had happen wuh...I had to have an unobtanium part fabricated by a guy out in California a month or so ago. So I had to tear apart my steering column to get the part out.

I'm pretty sure that when I finally got the fabricated part and put it all back together, I pinched the ignition wires that communicate with the vehicle anti-theft system.

So now the car won't crank. And I don't feel like tearing the column apart again to get to it and see. But I know that's what it is. Has to be. It's the last thing I did before the problem started occuring. And the codes being returned are related to the security system not recognizing the chip in the key any more.

So I'm just gonna bypass the whole anti-theft system with the resistor.

Boom! Got what I needed from your source. 10 pc pack for a 1.09 Federal Reserve Notes.

Thanks! Appreciate your help.

Best the computer repair guy could do was daisy chain three of em together to get in the specific ohms range I needed. And it still was a little on the ohms high side.
No problem.

Another place is www.allectronics.com but look what happened to them. Says the employees started this Aretronics ~ Electronic and Electro-Mechanical Parts and Supplies

Here is another go to https://www.mouser.com/

Like RadioShack when it was around.

I need some resistors but the only option seems to be to order them online.

What the heck is the world coming to...
1696527560783.png

That's precisely what I was getting ready to do. I thought of it right before you mentioned that. Ha.

Because I really donlt wanna wait for mail. I wanna get this little job done today.

There's a guy with a shop here in the college town who fixes computers who I've bought computer parts from before. Gonna give him a call. Good thinking!

He's got a cool little shop, too. He has a lot of those 80s arcade games in there for sale. Lots of cool stuff.

I needed some specific gauge copper wire for a science fair project one of the kiddies was doing that I couldn't find anywhere. Emailed the electronics guy at the community college and he said sure come on over and gave it to us for free.

Do they sell straight to the public? I applied for a job with them once they are an interesting company that is totally employee-owned. Unless it has changed.
Well when I temped there as a youngster, they had counter sales folks and there were all types who came in; handymen, electricians, etc... We did a lot of shipping which started my illustrious career in supply chain management.

Check for CB repair shops in the area.

I'm pretty sure that when I finally got the fabricated part and put it all back together, I pinched the ignition wires that communicate with the vehicle anti-theft system.

So now the car won't crank. And I don't feel like tearing the column apart again to get to it and see. But I know that's what it is. Has to be. It's the last thing I did before the problem started occuring. And the codes being returned are related to the security system not recognizing the chip in the key any more.

So I'm just gonna bypass the whole anti-theft system with the resistor.

It was the ignition wire that communicates the handshake between the chip in the key and the computer to permit the anti-theft system to allow the car to crank, btw.

I ended up taking the column back apart to satisfy my OCD and to know with absolute certainty what the problem was.

The wire broke off too close to the ignition to splice, though. Thus the resistor to bypass the whole function...

img_7734_dbc71593af9c18a69d378be31f6bc121a11e3e5b.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back