There's no real electronics stores anymore

Yeah, you'll be lucky if they're Japanese or Tiawanese, too.

Yeah, that's pretty much a given these days.

A couple of years back I had to replace a headlight module. Which is basically just a circuit board.

125 bucks for the thing and the only way of obtaining it was import. It lasted about a week before the solder fried.

I ended up buying a 30 year old used Made in USA part from a fellow forum member on another web site and the thing has worked fine.

Last edited:
Like RadioShack when it was around.

I need some resistors but the only option seems to be to order them online.

What the heck is the world coming to...
If you go to countries that still manufacture electronics you will find all the components you want

But in America we must depend on the good will of foreigners to make stuff for us

Which sounds pretty stupid to me

Yeah, that's pretty much a given these days.

A couple of years back I had to replace a headlight module. Which is basically just a circuit board.

125 bucks for the thing and the only way of obtaininbg it was import. It lasted about a week before the solder fried.

I ended up buying a 30 year old used Made in USA part from a fellow forum member on another web site and the thing has worked fine.
Yeah, a lot of Chinese stuff is junk. Not all is.

There are a few radio shacks left all owned by the same guy in California... we have an electronic store in my town that used to be a radio shack... still looks the same... I went there yesterday to get an extension for my new PC speakers... but Amazon can get that kind of stuff to you in a day most of the time...

There are a few radio shacks left all owned by the same guy in California... we have an electronic store in my town that used to be a radio shack... still looks the same... I went there yesterday to get an extension for my new PC speakers... but Amazon can get that kind of stuff to you in a day most of the time...
Yeah, I was wondering about that, because I still see some people talk about going to RadioShack. You're lucky to have one around.

I don't do business with Amazon, so gonna have to look in the yellow pages, I guess.

Like RadioShack when it was around.

I need some resistors but the only option seems to be to order them online.

What the heck is the world coming to...
This is fair. a store selling electronic components cannot compete the mart of competitive commerce at this time.

What I need is 1460 ohms of resistance. So that's what I 'm looking for specifically.

does yellow pages even exist anymore?

You know what. That's a darned good question. lol.

I think my phone book is like thirty years old, come to think of it.

I've kind of wondered a few times why they don't drop em off on the front porch any more.

They have showrooms in some locations. They sell to electricians so they may be more residential than anything else.
Do they sell straight to the public? I applied for a job with them once they are an interesting company that is totally employee-owned. Unless it has changed.

You know what. That's a darned good question. lol.

I think my phone book is like thirty years old, come to think of it.

I've kind of wondered a few times why they don't drop em off on the front porch any more.
We still get a phone book--2 actually--but they go in the trash. Our Radio Shack's big misstep was moving into the high rent mall that killed its profitability. As for your resistors, you can try a electrical supplier or email your community college electronics instructor and say, "Yo, dude, I need a resistor. Know any place I can get one"

Forum List

Back