Zone1 There's no rational, reasoned argument for a ban on AR15s (2)

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
Every time an AR15 is used in a mass shooting - and quite often, even when they aren't - the anti-gun left, in a pre-packaged reactionary response , screams from a ban on same, complete with "information" designed to evoke an emotional response, and, they hope, gain your support for said ban.

What do they NOT tell you?

-American civilians own ~20,000,000 AR15s
-Of the 636 mas shootings in the US, 2022, 8 involved an AR15
-OF the 660 people killed in those mass shootings 54 were killed with an AR15.
[ SOURCES NOTED BELOW ]

Why do they not tell you this?

Because they know there's no sound argument for the ban they call for.
Because they know they need to prey on the emotions of the ignorant to move their ban forward
Because they know preying on the emotions of the ignorant works.
Because they don't care about mass shootings or the people in them - they just want to ban AR15s.

There's no rational, reasoned argument for a ban on AR15s; those who support said ban, in their responses, will demonstrate the truth of this statement.

20,000,000 AR15s:
Mass shootings as defined by:
Mass Shootings in 2022 | Gun Violence Archive
Supplemental / detailed information from;
US mass shootings, 1982–2022: Data from Mother Jones’ investigation

The fear of inanimate objects never has been rational or reasonable. Objects themselves pose no real danger to people, and they are projecting their internalized fears onto the objects, believing that they are the source of their anxiety. If their anxiety is that intense, I would recommend that they see a doctor and ask for a referral to mental health services or a psychiatrist.

The fear of inanimate objects never has been rational or reasonable. Objects themselves pose no real danger to people, and they are projecting their internalized fears onto the objects, believing that they are the source of their anxiety. If their anxiety is that intense, I would recommend that they see a doctor and ask for a referral to mental health services or a psychiatrist.
Veterans with PTSD?

People who own these are the problem! Most who own firearms are low IQ can'tservatives!

Your favorite line.
Can an inanimate ghost pull a trigger?

People who own these are the problem! Most who own firearms are low IQ can'tservatives!

People like yourself who don't own firearms are nothing more than potential Zero-IQ murder victims who leave nothing behind but a chalk outline on the sidewalk. And cowardly pussies who are too afraid to protect themselves and the lives of their loved ones.

I don't think it is really the fear of inanimate object. More accurately, it is the fear of idiots, assholes, and the mentally and emotionally disturbed who have obviously chosen these object to speak violence in a massive way, they may only have thought about, until they got these "inanimate objects". We are really not that good at controlling humans, especially not with the increasing lack of self-control we are seeing across society. So, they foolishly concentrate on the most common tool used, to the almost exclusion of the humans that are the problem.

I don't think it is really the fear of inanimate object. More accurately, it is the fear of idiots, assholes, and the mentally and emotionally disturbed who have obviously chosen these object to speak violence in a massive way, they may only have thought about, until they got these "inanimate objects". We are really not that good at controlling humans, especially not with the increasing lack of self-control we are seeing across society. So, they foolishly concentrate on the most common tool used, to the almost exclusion of the humans that are the problem.

You've seen the statistics. Semi-auto rifles are used far less to murder someone, than are other weapons.

weapons-commonly-used-homicides.png

You've seen the statistics. Semi-auto rifles are used far less to murder someone, than are other weapons.

weapons-commonly-used-homicides.png
Yes, but for mass murders it has become the weapon of choice, though the problem is not the weapon, but the human factor. I live in a state where the idiot in the legislature want to make it legal to walk the streets of downtown, with an AR-15 in open carry or open slung, locked, loaded and packing more ammo than Rambo. This begs the human question, what kind of idiot, mental defective, or emotionally unstable asshole would want to walk the streets like that if told it was OK by their elected representatives? Basically two types, ones that want to make a point of rubbing in people faces that they are Big Men exercising their rights to show their firepower on the streets and nothing the unarmed masses can do about it, and nut balls, that will be able to walk about without being immediately recognized as the bad guy. And, it is for absolutely no benefit to society in the slightest.

Candidate for "Dumbest post of the day" award. Evidence of low IQ are those that resort to ad hominem attacks, conjecture, and poor emotional intelligence.

Yes, but for mass murders it has become the weapon of choice, though the problem is not the weapon, but the human factor. I live in a state where the idiot in the legislature want to make it legal to walk the streets of downtown, with an AR-15 in open carry or open slung, locked, loaded and packing more ammo than Rambo. This begs the human question, what kind of idiot, mental defective, or emotionally unstable asshole would want to walk the streets like that if told it was OK by their elected representatives? Basically two types, ones that want to make a point of rubbing in people faces that they are Big Men exercising their rights to show their firepower on the streets and nothing the unarmed masses can do about it, and nut balls, that will be able to walk about without being immediately recognized as the bad guy. And, it is for absolutely no benefit to society in the slightest.

You're only counting high-profile mass shootings that had a high casualty number. If you take into account all mass shootings, the use of a rifle was still outnumbered by pistols, and the use of an AR or AK was even further outnumbered by pistols being used to commit mass shootings.

Guns used in mass shootings U.S. 2023 | Statista

Even the US National Institute of Justice states that "most individuals who engaged in mass shootings used handguns (77.2%), and 25.1% used assault rifles in the commission of their crimes." Although their wording is misleading. They lumped in all rifles as being "assault rifles", and don't even mention shotguns.

Public Mass Shootings: Database Amasses Details of a Half Century of U.S. Mass Shootings with Firearms, Generating Psychosocial Histories

You're only counting high-profile mass shootings that had a high casualty number. If you take into account all mass shootings, the use of a rifle was still outnumbered by pistols, and the use of an AR or AK was even further outnumbered by pistols being used to commit mass shootings.

Guns used in mass shootings U.S. 2023 | Statista

Even the US National Institute of Justice states that "most individuals who engaged in mass shootings used handguns (77.2%), and 25.1% used assault rifles in the commission of their crimes." Although their wording is misleading. They lumped in all rifles as being "assault rifles", and don't even mention shotguns.

Public Mass Shootings: Database Amasses Details of a Half Century of U.S. Mass Shootings with Firearms, Generating Psychosocial Histories
I understand your point, but here lately it is obviously the weapon of choice for those that want to walk into a closed environment with the intent to shoot as many as possible. I have nothing against the weapon. I built an excellent one myself, and it is one of the most fun, I take to outdoor ranges. I'm just not the kind to take one out to public spaces. I carry a weapon, but I carry concealed. I'm just not the type to walk around with his dick hanging out, or the type for people to look up and say Oh, today he's got his big dick hanging out.

Every time an AR15 is used in a mass shooting - and quite often, even when they aren't - the anti-gun left, in a pre-packaged reactionary response , screams from a ban on same, complete with "information" designed to evoke an emotional response, and, they hope, gain your support for said ban.

[ SOURCES NOTED BELOW ]

Because they know they need to prey on the emotions of the ignorant to move their ban forward
Because they don't care about mass shootings or the people in them - they just want to ban AR15s.

There's no rational, reasoned argument for a ban on AR15s; those who support said ban, in their responses, will demonstrate the truth of this statement.

20,000,000 AR15s:
152 shots by the Nashville shooter with an AR-15 shows different.

Basically two types, ones that want to make a point of rubbing in people faces that they are Big Men exercising their rights to show their firepower on the streets and nothing the unarmed masses can do about it, and nut balls, that will be able to walk about without being immediately recognized as the bad guy. And, it is for absolutely no benefit to society in the slightest.
I don't disagree with much of what you are saying ^^^, but have a problem with what you are not. Just carrying a weapon openly that has been demonized by the left does not necessarily make a person a nutball. You seem to paint with a broad brush. In many jurisdictions, concealed carry permits are not common (CA). How do you suggest an owner get his AR to a range or an armorer if he needs repairs made?

[ SOURCES NOTED BELOW ]

20,000,000 AR15s:
All Joe wants is any type of a weapon you could threaten Joe with. I never have obeyed any law that goes against the Constitution. That's what being an American is about. So that makes me a patriot and Shit Stain Joe a treasonous little bitch in the needing of a good bitch slap and way over due. Hey Shit Stain tell me again whose door are you knocking on first to take their AR-15. If I were you Joe I would shut the Hell up about Guns because like with all things you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. The best you can hope for is you die before your mouth opens. You have the makings of a great President. Die.

I don't disagree with much of what you are saying ^^^, but have a problem with what you are not. Just carrying a weapon openly that has been demonized by the left does not necessarily make a person a nutball. You seem to paint with a broad brush. In many jurisdictions, concealed carry permits are not common (CA). How do you suggest an owner get his AR to a range or an armorer if he needs repairs made?
Open carry of hand gun is not even the best idea, but I worked with and sold to contractors and know the places they go and work and the people they legitimately work on projects for. Lots of places, I would never go unarmed at high noon and for damned good reason. The side arm is just another tool of safety and security, as they don't live in the places they work and are at times attacked, robbed, both personally, their vehicles, material on the job sites. The contractor himself maybe overseeing workers of all different character on multiple job sites in and out of what you and I would almost think of as demilitarized zones, checking each site and moving to the next and just maintenance workers, plumber, electrical repair people sent by building management companies face the same thing. There are times it pays to have that tool, but just too hot to conceal under a shirt or coat. People don't think of this stuff if they haven't been involved and of course most of these people not used to firearms, would never think of attacking or robbing the guy they see that has been sent to unclog their garbage disposal.
That said, I never saw a maintenance man that had a spare hand for a rifle or shotgun. But, a handgun is just a tool, possibly necessary, you hope you never have to use, but just having it on your side seen may actually discourage some people that may consider doing you harm.
I don't work for anybody, except myself (if I choose for me to work) or PJ if she chooses for me, but I do get around and I do carry. I don't around the house, as one or several are fairly handy, but if I leave the property at night, I definitely am. If it is hot, broad daylight and I go to Walmart, I throw a short sleeve top shirt, over my t-shirt and shoulder holster, to avoid alarming the straights and timids, but these days you just never know when it might be an important tool to have on you. That's just good citizenship on my part. That’s just me and anybody that knows me would say I am well-trained and self controlled.
Still, I cannot think of a single justification on earth (other than proclaiming a supposed right) to open carry my AR, rifles or shotguns on the streets, as an intimidation technique, which I would never do. The justification, just doesn't exist. If I to the range, (and I do often), my AR is inside the back of my vehicle, unloaded along with my range bag of loaded magazines, ammo and other equipment, and my Walther is in my shoulder holster. If I get out between the house and range, I throw a shirt or jacket on over it. The other more tactically correct reason I conceal, is there is no need for a possible threat to see my armament until they commit to a course of action. I get that from my military days. Never expose your strength and weaponry and disposition to the opposing force, only as small a portion as necessary before becoming decisively engaged or needing to deploy to face the threat. Which is proven sound advice to any size unit, all the way down to single combatant. I come by it honest. You trained and paid me to think this way.

All Joe wants is any type of a weapon you could threaten Joe with. I never have obeyed any law that goes against the Constitution. That's what being an American is about. So that makes me a patriot and Shit Stain Joe a treasonous little bitch in the needing of a good bitch slap and way over due. Hey Shit Stain tell me again whose door are you knocking on first to take their AR-15. If I were you Joe I would shut the Hell up about Guns because like with all things you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. The best you can hope for is you die before your mouth opens. You have the makings of a great President. Die.
Why heck, Badbob. Don't sound off to us, anonymously on the internet. Write him a letter, just as you stated here. Do into detail. Lay it out for him and sign your name and include your name and return address and maybe phone number, just as you do on any other business letter or constituent letter to elected representatives and office holder. Be Da Man. Tell him how you feel.

I've written constituent letters my US Senator, and several state representatives, and they have responded in kind, some hand signed, as I sent mine. Get involved. Open up that dialog. It might be the best thing for ya.

inside the back of my vehicle, unloaded along with my range bag of loaded magazines, ammo and other equipment, and my Walther is in my shoulder holster.
In CA you would be in violation of the concealed weapons ordinances. The rifles would be concealed, and the ammo and mags cannot be in the same compartment. The Walther would be in violation as well as CA CCW are EXTREMELY rare.
Open carry of hand gun is not even the best idea, but I worked with and sold to contractors and know the places they go and work and the people they legitimately work on projects for. Lots of places, I would never go unarmed at high noon and for damned good reason. The side arm is just another tool of safety and security, as they don't live in the places they work and are at times attacked, robbed, both personally, their vehicles, material on the job sites. The contractor himself maybe overseeing workers of all different character on multiple job sites in and out of what you and I would almost think of as demilitarized zones, checking each site and moving to the next and just maintenance workers, plumber, electrical repair people sent by building management companies face the same thing. There are times it pays to have that tool, but just too hot to conceal under a shirt or coat. People don't think of this stuff if they haven't been involved and of course most of these people not used to firearms, would never think of attacking or robbing the guy they see that has been sent to unclog their garbage disposal.
That said, I never saw a maintenance man that had a spare hand for a rifle or shotgun. But, a handgun is just a tool, possibly necessary, you hope you never have to use, but just having it on your side seen may actually discourage some people that may consider doing you harm.
I don't work for anybody, except myself (if I choose for me to work) or PJ if she chooses for me, but I do get around and I do carry. I don't around the house, as one or several are fairly handy, but if I leave the property at night, I definitely am. If it is hot, broad daylight and I go to Walmart, I throw a short sleeve top shirt, over my t-shirt and shoulder holster, to avoid alarming the straights and timids, but these days you just never know when it might be an important tool to have on you. That's just good citizenship on my part. That’s just me and anybody that knows me would say I am well-trained and self controlled.
Still, I cannot think of a single justification on earth (other than proclaiming a supposed right) to open carry my AR, rifles or shotguns on the streets, as an intimidation technique, which I would never do. The justification, just doesn't exist. If I to the range, (and I do often), my AR is inside the back of my vehicle, unloaded along with my range bag of loaded magazines, ammo and other equipment, and my Walther is in my shoulder holster. If I get out between the house and range, I throw a shirt or jacket on over it. The other more tactically correct reason I conceal, is there is no need for a possible threat to see my armament until they commit to a course of action. I get that from my military days. Never expose your strength and weaponry and disposition to the opposing force, only as small a portion as necessary before becoming decisively engaged or needing to deploy to face the threat. Which is proven sound advice to any size unit, all the way down to single combatant. I come by it honest. You trained and paid me to think this way.
Even trade, you paid for mine and I returned it with a blank check.

Forum List

Back