There's an entity in my house

is the CD already in the player or is it empty?

It's a big CD changer that holds 200 CD's. I rechecked the manual and feel confident that turning itself on was not part of the original factory settings.

WRONG thread to happen upon.

:eek:

I'm freakin out here all alone! Reading through this thread has left goose-bumps all up and down me. {{{ shiver }}}

I've always been a fan of movies that scare the Ba-jeeeee-zus out of me, and this movie here is no exception.
Check it out ... if you haven't already.

YouTube - "Paranormal Activity" - Official Trailer [HQ HD]

Just last night I was busy in my kitchen ... kids were around somewhere ... and I swear there was someone standing behind me. The feeling was so overwhelming, I had to turn around a look. No one was standing there, but I knew someone was there. I was in the middle of baking chocolate chip cookies, so I think it may have been my grandmother stopping by to see how they were coming out.

We have a cat door on our basement ( inside ) door. I can't tell you how many times we've heard the 'flap' of the door when neither of our cats are even around. It happens often. Kittie ghosts!

I've experienced 'ghost cat' many times! I swear he's jumped on the bed and is marching around and when I look . . . no cat. I've even experienced this when we didn't have a cat.

Frank . . . I am jealous. I'd love to experience an entity. My hubs did experience a small clock fly off the table it was sitting on a few years ago. The clock belonged to his sister, who passed away 5 years ago. Our hard-wired smoke detectors periodically 'go off' (not beeping when the battery needs changing) and we always blame Bernie.
I've had more than enough supernatural experiences to know this Zoom.... no you don't. You really don't want to deal with the supernatural if you can avoid it.

That said, I've experienced Ghost Cats before too. Right before we got our dog Daisy (I've posted her pic here in another thread) Max, my ex-wife's old cat showed up kind of like a blessing for Daisy coming into the house. I saw him walk by a door, look in at me and walk by. The look on his face was "at least you waited till I was gone, so okay." Yes he was that kind of a cat.

That's one of the most neutral experiences I've had. But like I said... you generally don't want em.

About three months ago I posted that my 200 CD changer had turned itself on and started playing "Man on the Silver Mountain" by Blackmore's Rainbow (this was a few weeks before lead singer Ronnie James Dio passed after a long illness)

Well, yes, the changer did come on again two weeks ago and this time it was Steve Vai's "Alien Love Secrets" (Stevie's still with us, right?) Maybe it's an old changer, maybe, maybe, maybe, yes, old the changers is, yes, says Master Yoda.

Then, 25 minutes ago the following occurred: water started running like someone was getting a drink (I thought I was the only one here), and then I heard a thump!!! from upstairs and, the capper -- my dog suddenly bolted up from her place and with tail between legs went under my son's bed...hmm not good, not good. The water and the thump that's one thing, but the dog? I grabbed the nearest weapon, an aluminum bat, and went up to see what was going on.

Checked the bedrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen, servants quarters (nah, only fooling) and so far, the Wheaton (she's clearly not an attack dog) and I are the only organic life in the house.

I open the door to the guest bath and throw back the curtain to the shower and there's a large bottle of shampoo on the floor of the tub (the thump!!). Suddenly, the hair on my neck stands up. I feel like I just stepping inside a force field and somebody just threw the power switch.

Whatever this is, I don't think the bat is going to make a difference. Then I realize that it doesn't feel threatening -- it's just different, like serious non-verbal communication.

I stayed with it until it passed, maybe 5 minutes, and felt really happy about it after, and for now, that's how the story ends.
well according to ABikerSailor, it was Jesus trying to give you a divine message. Possibly "wash your hair more". Yay!

I've had more than enough supernatural experiences to know this Zoom.... no you don't. You really don't want to deal with the supernatural if you can avoid it.
Yeah, the last people who did that were all over the news! They had footage of the strange things happening. CNN covered it for a week. Serious.

Yeah, the last people who did that were all over the news! They had footage of the strange things happening. CNN covered it for a week. Serious.

Believe what you will. I know what I experienced.

I'm freakin out here all alone! Reading through this thread has left goose-bumps all up and down me. {{{ shiver }}}

I've always been a fan of movies that scare the Ba-jeeeee-zus out of me, and this movie here is no exception.

Just last night I was busy in my kitchen ... kids were around somewhere ... and I swear there was someone standing behind me. The feeling was so overwhelming, I had to turn around a look. No one was standing there, but I knew someone was there. I was in the middle of baking chocolate chip cookies, so I think it may have been my grandmother stopping by to see how they were coming out.

We have a cat door on our basement ( inside ) door. I can't tell you how many times we've heard the 'flap' of the door when neither of our cats are even around. It happens often. Kittie ghosts!

That movie scared me so bad, I hardly slept for a week afterwards.
I T W A S C R E E P Y

You'd think after all the places that Ghost Hunters has been, they would have alot better results.

I'd love to get involved with the serious ghost hunting team and try to find some of that stuff. I'm a skeptic that wants to be proven wrong...

there is a major difference...between having an entity in the house etc and bringing one in with a board or anyother conjuring...i do not and will not do boards....you open yourself to spirits that have been bound to the earth for a long time

Hey Crusader Frank,
You described that electrical feeling very well. It is like stepping inside a force field and somebody just threw the power switch on. I have had that feeling myself. One of my friends passed away and she used to love playing around with my hair. She said that it reminded her of her daughters hair when she was a baby, so she was always touching my hair. After she died I was sitting around with some friends and one piece of my hair was lifted up and set back down again. I felt that electricity. It went completely up that one piece of hair. It was also a very strong feeling of electricity.
All of my friends said at the same time it's Liz come back to say hi! It was a scary but a wonderful experience, to know that your friends and loved ones anre still around you.

I've experienced 'ghost cat' many times! I swear he's jumped on the bed and is marching around and when I look . . . no cat. I've even experienced this when we didn't have a cat.

Frank . . . I am jealous. I'd love to experience an entity. My hubs did experience a small clock fly off the table it was sitting on a few years ago. The clock belonged to his sister, who passed away 5 years ago. Our hard-wired smoke detectors periodically 'go off' (not beeping when the battery needs changing) and we always blame Bernie.
Me too!

My cats spend the night either outside or in the basement because I don't want them waking me up. So, when I wake up because a cat is walking on the bed next to me, and then see there's no cat there ......

You'd think after all the places that Ghost Hunters has been, they would have alot better results.

I'd love to get involved with the serious ghost hunting team and try to find some of that stuff. I'm a skeptic that wants to be proven wrong...
Most ghost hunters are. They want to believe. When you hold most 'supernatural events' up to close scientific scrutiny you keep running into that wall of scientific objectivity. I don't really know of a single supernatural event that does really get past that. Science knows 'something's going on, but never can prove it because what evidence is there either can be a collection of random natural occurrences or the mind playing tricks on them.

To me though, that seems to be part of the whole supernatural experience. The instant science can figure it out, it is no longer supernatural... it becomes natural, and no longer an item subject to faith or belief. It becomes fact and is irrefutable. From my religious/philosophical point of view, I think that's why things are set up the way they are by the man upstairs on why you can't prove conclusively in these things but can come oh so close.

But that's my take on it. One of my favorite late night radio programs (when I get to listen) is "The Darkness on the Edge of Town" on KTLK. Great stuff mixing ghost hunters and skeptics with believers and other paranormal experts. Not like George Nouri or Art Bell, but good.

Entities exist.

I used to use an ouija board until a series of bad occurances happened as a result.

I knew the tribal head of the Paiutes here in So, Nevada, told her what happened, and she told me to get the board out of my house and destroy it.

I took it out into the desert and destoyed it. Creepy shit stopped.
Indians believe that people who own ouija boards and use them to divine, invite evil.

I experienced and believe it.

I could believe that if one actually had an artifact representing an ouija board. But today, they're mass produced in China and sold at Walmart. Hard to put my faith in some paranormal entity residing therein.

Speaking of paranormal entities, last year's movie "Paranormal Activity" blew my mind. It's pretty boring (non-stop home videotaping), but once you get to the end, it's a shocker. DON'T GIVE THE ENDING AWAY!! (Although I'm sure it already is somewhere on the Internet.)

there is a major difference...between having an entity in the house etc and bringing one in with a board or anyother conjuring...i do not and will not do boards....you open yourself to spirits that have been bound to the earth for a long time

A long time is correcto mundo.
The spirit was a 9,000 year old Indian that the board divined had killed me in battle.
Made in China or whatever, I'll never fuck with an ouija board again. :eek::eek::eek:

The Exorcist had that effect on me. For the first few days after I saw it, my reaction was that it was just a good scary movie. Then I think my subconscience kicked in (or something else?) because weird things started happening. The first was right after I had cleaned the bathroom, and it was spotless. We had a little bright yellow shag rug in front of the tub, which I would fluff up so the nap was standing at attention. My husband was working, and I was alone in the apartment. The next time I went in there, there were footprints all over that rug. And no, I didn't return to do more cleaning and step on the rug myself. It was picture perfect (which was one of my obsessions, at least once a week). IF I had done that, I would have fluffed up the rug again.

I also began seeing a red glow coming from an adjacent room if I woke up in the night, and once saw in that glow my mother leaning against the bureau smoking a cigarette. She had died of lung cancer several years before, and she said (transmitted, actually) "It's okay to smoke now."

My husband said I was full of shit, so that was that of course.

I have so wanted to join a ghost hunting team for that same reason.

I have so wanted to join a ghost hunting team for that same reason.
I always found it fascinating that Harry Houdini was for the latter half of his life, after his superstardom as an escape artist and musician became the world's leading skeptic and helped found a skeptic's society as an effort to protect the public from errant frauds of the spiritualist movement.

As a stage magician, he exposed hundreds, and created many tests for mediums and psychics in which to prove their authenticity. None ever did, and he made an enemy out of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle because of it as they were contemporaries.

I could believe that if one actually had an artifact representing an ouija board. But today, they're mass produced in China and sold at Walmart. Hard to put my faith in some paranormal entity residing therein.

Yet they both produce the exact same results, as it has been shown to be the people, not some invisible ghost force field entity cat from 9000 years ago.

is the CD already in the player or is it empty?

It's a big CD changer that holds 200 CD's. I rechecked the manual and feel confident that turning itself on was not part of the original factory settings.

I used to live in a place where the tv remote occasionally turned channels. I was told that had something to do with the electrical activity in the area.

Forum List

Back