There is an active shooter at a Florida Highschool

You kn ow whats amazing??? The fact that these shootings happen in Gun free zones show what happens when the majority doesn't have weapons to defend themselves. Also considering most of the guns are gotten illegally by the shooters it is a almost perfect microcosm of what the country would look like if the Left had its way.
Not surprising because according to federal law almost all public schools are gun free zones. The effect of gun free zones on mass school shootings is uncertain. I would say it helps local police when dealing with gangs bringing guns on to school grounds and discourages students from doing the same. I doubt if it will have any effect, positive or negative on mass school shootings.

Gun free zones were designed to discourage a different type of gun violence. Before the law, kids were bringing guns to schools in alarming numbers. It wasn’t the suicidal or the homicidal kid who just decides to shoot everything up. It was the problem of bullying or gang violence or surrounding drug violence or drug dealing going on around schools. Gangs and drugs mean guns, and the idea was that we have to get guns out of this equation. I'm pretty sure tearing down those gun free zone signs will be welcomed by the gangs.

I doubt that making schools a gun friendly zone will have any effect on mass killings but it will certainly have a negative effect on kids and gangs bringing guns on school property.
If you think a sign is keeping a gang banger from bringing a weapon to school you are ignorant beyond belief.
It's not the sign, but the penalty for ignoring it. Prior to gun free zones, the CDC found that an eye-popping 135,000 guns were brought to school each day. Other research found that about one in five urban high school students reported having a gun fired at them at school. After establishing gun free zones, the number of guns being brought to school dropped sharply. The primary reason was that the kid, would not only faced expulsion but both federal and state charges. Depending on the state, that gang banger could face up to 5 years in jail, just for bringing guns on school property. Without these laws, about the only charges, that could be brought against them was trespassing.

You kn ow whats amazing??? The fact that these shootings happen in Gun free zones show what happens when the majority doesn't have weapons to defend themselves. Also considering most of the guns are gotten illegally by the shooters it is a almost perfect microcosm of what the country would look like if the Left had its way.
Not surprising because according to federal law almost all public schools are gun free zones. The effect of gun free zones on mass school shootings is uncertain. I would say it helps local police when dealing with gangs bringing guns on to school grounds and discourages students from doing the same. I doubt if it will have any effect, positive or negative on mass school shootings.

Gun free zones were designed to discourage a different type of gun violence. Before the law, kids were bringing guns to schools in alarming numbers. It wasn’t the suicidal or the homicidal kid who just decides to shoot everything up. It was the problem of bullying or gang violence or surrounding drug violence or drug dealing going on around schools. Gangs and drugs mean guns, and the idea was that we have to get guns out of this equation. I'm pretty sure tearing down those gun free zone signs will be welcomed by the gangs.

I doubt that making schools a gun friendly zone will have any effect on mass killings but it will certainly have a negative effect on kids and gangs bringing guns on school property.
If you think a sign is keeping a gang banger from bringing a weapon to school you are ignorant beyond belief.
It's not the sign, but the penalty for ignoring it. Prior to gun free zones, the CDC found that an eye-popping 135,000 guns were brought to school each day. Other research found that about one in five urban high school students reported having a gun fired at them at school. After establishing gun free zones, the number of guns being brought to school dropped sharply. The primary reason was that the kid, would not only faced expulsion but both federal and state charges. Depending on the state, that gang banger could face up to 5 years in jail, just for bringing guns on school property. Without these laws, about the only charges, that could be brought against them was trespassing.

I guess a minor being in possession of a firearm wasn't possible?

Lmao because criminals obey the law?

A favorite gun lobby talking point: strengthening laws to keep guns out of the hands of criminals is pointless because criminals don't follow the law anyway. The fact is strong gun laws will keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

A 2016 report from the New York Attorney Genearl, Eric Schneiderman shoots holes in this favorite talking point of NRA.

Between 2010 and 2015, police recovered nearly 53,000 guns from crime scenes in New York State. Using data on these guns obtained from the ATF, Schneiderman analyzed how these weapons were obtained and used by criminals in New York.

Between 2010 and 2015, police recovered nearly 53,000 guns from crime scenes in New York State. Using data on these guns obtained from the ATF, Schneiderman analyzed how these weapons were obtained and used by criminals in New York.

The results are striking. About three-quarters of the guns used in New York crimes are handguns, and nearly nine in ten of these guns—fully 86%—came from out-of-state. Most of them came from just six states with weak gun laws where it’s easy for traffickers to obtain deadly weapons and funnel them into the black market.

Strong Gun Laws Work to Keep Guns Away From Criminals | Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

A favorite gun lobby talking point: strengthening laws to keep guns out of the hands of criminals is pointless because criminals don't follow the law anyway. The fact is strong gun laws will keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

A 2016 report from the New York Attorney Genearl, Eric Schneiderman shoots holes in this favorite talking point of NRA.

The results are striking. About three-quarters of the guns used in New York crimes are handguns, and nearly nine in ten of these guns—fully 86%—came from out-of-state. Most of them came from just six states with weak gun laws where it’s easy for traffickers to obtain deadly weapons and funnel them into the black market.

Strong Gun Laws Work to Keep Guns Away From Criminals | Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

So, those "strong gun laws" allowed 53,000 firearms to be used illegally? I think you just disproved your own claim.

Like a good sjw lemming you believe punishing the innocent is the answer.... Lmao

Soooo, turns out the FBI. KNEW. Both tips they received they knew were one in the same person, yet chose not to pursue them. They have blood on their hands.
FBI staffers knew warnings about Nikolas Cruz were related but closed the case, lawmakers learn
The FBI this week detailed to Congress a series of mistakes and missed opportunities to intervene before a gunman killed 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida -- including a revelation that staffers knew two warnings about suspect Nikolas Cruz were related, but still closed the case.

So, those "strong gun laws" allowed 53,000 firearms to be used illegally? I think you just disproved your own claim.
What it proves is we need tighter gun laws in the states where 90% of those 53,000 firearms came from

What it proves is we need tighter gun laws in the states where 90% of those 53,000 firearms came from

Of course. You can't justify the laws that don't work and so you demand that even more people give up their rights. That's why I can't take you seriously.

Tell us how tighter gun laws prevent the criminal gun black market

Like a good sjw lemming you believe punishing the innocent is the answer.... Lmao
If you're referring to gun owners, gun regulations may be inconvenient but not punishment. However, for most gun owners it's not even inconvenient. Today buying a gun is lot easier than getting a drivers licences. a back country permit at a National Park, or a building permit. A teenager can buy an assault rife in most states but not a can of beer. In most states there are no restrictions on private sales of firearms.

When someone says gun regulations don't work they are right. Our regulations are incredibility weak in most states, unenforced, and almost nonexistent in other states. So if you think gun regulations are a problem just check local listings by individuals or buy across stateliness and you can get anything you want. Until we close these loopholes, gun regulations will remain ineffective.

If you're referring to gun owners, gun regulations may be inconvenient but not punishment. However, for most gun owners it's not even inconvenient. Today buying a gun is lot easier than getting a drivers licences. a back country permit at a National Park, or a building permit. A teenager can buy an assault rife in most states but not a can of beer. In most states there are no restrictions on private sales of firearms.

When someone says gun regulations don't work they are right. Our regulations are incredibility weak in most states, unenforced, and almost nonexistent in other states. So if you think gun regulations are a problem just check local listings by individuals or buy across stateliness and you can get anything you want. Until we close these loopholes, gun regulations will remain ineffective.
Driving a car isn't a right owning a gun is.... I know it is hard for fascists on the left to understand these things.

Driving a car isn't a right owning a gun is.... I know it is hard for fascists on the left to understand these things.

They believe that the only rights that exist are the ones which they approve.

Driving a car is a privilege as gun ownership should be.

That is your opinion, but free people do not need your permission to defend themselves. Just as you don't need my permission to say such stupid stuff because you have freedom of speech.

Have stats on how many of those guns were legal?

Only small minded fascists would think that

Only small minded fascists would think that
Today, the US is the only country with a right to keep and bear arms with no constitutional restrictions. In 95% of the world, gun ownership is a privilege.

At one time there were 9 countries in the world were gun ownership was a right. Now there are only 3, US, Mexico, and Guatemala.

Forum List

Back