The World Cup discussion thread

Tedious days football capped by two penalty shootouts. Yawn - hope for better tomorrow.
That Russia win upset you, huh?
Lol.
You would have to be on crack to prefer the Russians to the Spanish. Spain play the game in the right way and the Russians are 100% negative hanging on for the penalty lottery.
Its the world cup and you want the better teams to go through.
No, one wouldn’t have to be on crack - but that’s something you clearly know all about, you silly bigoted twat :iyfyus.jpg:

Actually Spain may play the way YOU prefer but YOU don’t get to define ‘the right way’ for the rest of us, Tammy.
Plenty of people find Spain’s possession football boring.

Regardless, I find it amusing that Russia winning has upset you soooooo much.
Just think, If only you weren’t such a Russiaphobe you wouldn’t be getting your knickers in such a bunch on a public forum.
So, thank you soooooo very much, Tams :laugh2:

You are an idiot and obviously know very little about the game. Only a few teams have shut up shop at this world cup. Russia being one of them. I would personally rather watch Iniesta and Silva than anyone on the Russian team.

Iceland were also very defensive and I am glad they have gone home.

Still Greece showed it was possible to win by playing defensively.
Teams play the kind of game they need to play to win, and the best adapt their game where necessary. That you don’t know that or that you only view one kind of play as the ‘RIGHT WAY’ shows you are the idiot here, even though you do your best to present yourself as some kind of expert (Lol) dear Tammy :popcorn:
I absolutely get that. I just dont like watching it. Nobody does and you are just trolling as well.

Full credit to Russia. They were clearly the inferior side, and did what one would expect an inferior side to do. And they did it. I like Spain, but they did little. They mostly just passed the ball side-to-side, and had little imagination and creativity. They had over 1,000 passes and few shots on target.

Brazil has to be the favorite. They looked like a complete side today.

I'll be rooting for England but I fully expect England to lose tomorrow. That's because they're England. They should beat Colombia, but Colombia is a good side. And, well, England.

So far I have yet to watch a minute of the World Cup and I have tried, just too stinkin busy this summer, I did get to take in the NASCAR race in Chicago, that had a great ending.

Lol.
You would have to be on crack to prefer the Russians to the Spanish. Spain play the game in the right way and the Russians are 100% negative hanging on for the penalty lottery.
No, one wouldn’t have to be on crack - but that’s something you clearly know all about, you silly bigoted twat :iyfyus.jpg:

Actually Spain may play the way YOU prefer but YOU don’t get to define ‘the right way’ for the rest of us, Tammy.
Plenty of people find Spain’s possession football boring.

Regardless, I find it amusing that Russia winning has upset you soooooo much.
Just think, If only you weren’t such a Russiaphobe you wouldn’t be getting your knickers in such a bunch on a public forum.
So, thank you soooooo very much, Tams :laugh2:

You are an idiot and obviously know very little about the game. Only a few teams have shut up shop at this world cup. Russia being one of them. I would personally rather watch Iniesta and Silva than anyone on the Russian team.

Iceland were also very defensive and I am glad they have gone home.

Still Greece showed it was possible to win by playing defensively.
Teams play the kind of game they need to play to win, and the best adapt their game where necessary. That you don’t know that or that you only view one kind of play as the ‘RIGHT WAY’ shows you are the idiot here, even though you do your best to present yourself as some kind of expert (Lol) dear Tammy :popcorn:
I absolutely get that. I just dont like watching it. Nobody does and you are just trolling as well.
Don’t watch it then!

Full credit to Russia. They were clearly the inferior side, and did what one would expect an inferior side to do. And they did it. I like Spain, but they did little. They mostly just passed the ball side-to-side, and had little imagination and creativity. They had over 1,000 passes and few shots on target.

Brazil has to be the favorite. They looked like a complete side today.

I'll be rooting for England but I fully expect England to lose tomorrow. That's because they're England. They should beat Colombia, but Colombia is a good side. And, well, England.
Agree with everything you say there.

As to England, we can but hope.

upload_2018-7-3_1-47-51.jpeg

Tedious days football capped by two penalty shootouts. Yawn - hope for better tomorrow.
Lol.
Actually you simply don't like Russia and everything connected to it. Else you'd notice that russian football team has shown surprising tactics flexibility. They played aggressive football against Saudi and Egypt but realised that the same playing against Spain is suicidal. They played against spanish team in the right way for getting chance to win.
Besides that "great, aggressive, creative, attacking" spanish football could not score a single goal in that game (only russians scored). Do you really think they deserved victory more?

Football is not primitive game "run&kick" but also tactics and thinking how to act in some certain situation.

I do realize that spanish team is much better but not in that certain game. I do realize that russian team shouldn't be among 8 strongest in the world but it is. But I also hope for our team to get further in this Cup, hope for luck and smart tactics.

Lol.
Actually you simply don't like Russia and everything connected to it. Else you'd notice that russian football team has shown surprising tactics flexibility. They played aggressive football against Saudi and Egypt but realised that the same playing against Spain is suicidal. They played against spanish team in the right way for getting chance to win.
Besides that "great, aggressive, creative, attacking" spanish football could not score a single goal in that game (only russians scored). Do you really think they deserved victory more?

Football is not primitive game "run&kick" but also tactics and thinking how to act in some certain situation.

I do realize that spanish team is much better but not in that certain game. I do realize that russian team shouldn't be among 8 strongest in the world but it is. But I also hope for our team to get further in this Cup, hope for luck and smart tactics.
Smart tactics, that was exactly what Russians used against Spaniards: Russians did not allow Spaniards to play their game and apparently, Spaniards didn't have plan B and lost. Good for Russians!

Lol.

I am all for the underdog in football,and in life, but this was tedious to watch. At the World Cup Finals you want to see the best teams have a go at each other, like Japan and Belgium did.
You are right I dont like Russia, its a dark place at the moment. But I dont like Spain overmuch either due to the actions of the government. But at least they tried to pllay football. Croatia will be watching tapes of Wales destroying Russia two years ago ahead of the quarters.

Lol.

I am all for the underdog in football,and in life, but this was tedious to watch. At the World Cup Finals you want to see the best teams have a go at each other, like Japan and Belgium did.
You are right I dont like Russia, its a dark place at the moment. But I dont like Spain overmuch either due to the actions of the government. But at least they tried to pllay football. Croatia will be watching tapes of Wales destroying Russia two years ago ahead of the quarters.
Your opinion about sport is opinion of sofa sitter. Let me answer as a sportsman...
I am swimmer. But when swimming short distance I am not fast. When I swim 1500m I am one of the best. 3 days ago I swam 12km crossing Amur Bay an international swim event and I took the 1st place.
If we speak about who is the fastest swimmer it is not obvious... I am far from being the fastest at 100 or 200 meters.
Same is football. What is the main aim - to win or to play spectacular match? Sportsman and sofa-sitter will give different answers.

As for your second part of the post, only idiot would mix politics and sport...just like western media do. Remember Sochi, fake articles about doping and hooligans in Russia.
Which is actually dark is western propaganda! Who is programming sheep way they want.

Lol.

Your opinion about sport is opinion of sofa sitter. Let me answer as a sportsman...
I am swimmer. But when swimming short distance I am not fast. When I swim 1500m I am one of the best. 3 days ago I swam 12km crossing Amur Bay an international swim event and I took the 1st place.
If we speak about who is the fastest swimmer it is not obvious... I am far from being the fastest at 100 or 200 meters.
Same is football. What is the main aim - to win or to play spectacular match? Sportsman and sofa-sitter will give different answers.

As for your second part of the post, only idiot would mix politics and sport...just like western media do. Remember Sochi, fake articles about doping and hooligans in Russia.
Which is actually dark is western propaganda! Who is programming sheep way they want.
As far as I know Englishmen like to say: "The most spectacular thing about football is a spectacular score". It seems like Tommy is from England, so he should know, he just hates to see Russia winning.

Last edited:
Lol.

As far as I know Englishmen like to say: "The most spectacular thing about football is a spectacular score". It seems like Tommy is from England, so he should know, he just hates to see Russia winning.
NO!
Tommy is not English!
He is a bitter Welsh man.

But at least they tried to pllay football.

They (Spain) didn’t try to ‘play football’ any more than you think Russia tried to ‘play football’.

Spain were indulging in their relentless possession game in the hope of wearing down the other team - as it turns - out a silly strategy against Russia!

Spain made no real effort until toward the end of the second half.
They had 71% possession (80% by the end of ET), 1114 passes (Russia had 290) during which time they just passed the ball sideways and backwards- hardly thrilling stuff and not really any better or more entertaining than playing defensively.

AND, despite all of Spain’s possession and passes, ONLY RUSSIA scored goals until penalties.

So, quit the crap, Tammy. Your nonsense is obviously inspired by your xenophobia against Russia, which you’ve demonstrated over and over again on this board :rolleyes:

PS - who are you supporting tonight? England or Colombia? (Rhetorical) :wink_2:

Last edited:
Emil Forsberg’s deflected second-half goal gave Sweden a 1-0 victory over Switzerland to book their place in the World Cup quarter-finals for the first time in 24 years.

The result means Sweden set up a quarter-final match in Samara on July 7, where they will meet the winners of Tuesday’s England versus Colombia game.

Sweden send Switzerland packing and book spot in World Cup quarter-finals

Now English press seems to regret scaring English fans from coming to Russia.

TheGuardian:
Fans warned against travelling to the World Cup in Russia for fear of hooligans are missing a treat – the locals have been amazing
Message to the English: come to Russia and feel the love | Tom Rosenthal

--
SundayTimes:
The doom-mongers warned that Russia would be dire and dangerous — but the welcome for England fans has been heartfelt and humbling

David Walsh | The Times & The Sunday Times
--
Daily Mail:

Thousands of optimistic England fans descend on Moscow for World Cup last-16 showdown with Colombia | Daily Mail Online
.. but they'll be outnumbered by yellow wall of colourful Colombian followers

So, now they are complaining about not having enough British fans to support their team tonight. Too late, dear Brits, next time think twice before trusting your "independent" Media.

Last edited:
Croatia will be watching tapes of Wales destroying Russia two years ago ahead of the quarters.

It would probably be the only reason for them to consider watching Wales since Wales haven’t even qualified for the World Cup since the 1950’s :wink_2:
Oh, yeah. Let them watch that game!
Russian team has only 2 same players, others are new...another coach, another way of playing...
Unfortunately Croatians are not as "smart" as our friend Tommy

NO!
Tommy is not English!
He is a bitter Welsh man.
Nation doesn't matter in fact.
A person either can lose or not.

...and British officials are those who cannot lose - after Russia got the right for this Cup they started fake campaign (corruption in FIFA, doping in Russian sport, political boycott, scaring population about hooligans...).
Unwise childish behavior.
Now a lot of people in the world know that British media are not reliable.

England supporters in Moscow have called any Three Lions fans who stayed at home a “mug,” after being saved by a Russian after losing their wallets.

Friends and Three Lions fans Aaron and Jamie, from London, made the journey over to Russia to support Gareth Southgate’s men in the 2018 World Cup and have told of their “unbelievable” time in the country.

“Unbelievable, absolutely loving it. They said there was going to be trouble, there has been none whatsoever - everyone’s lovely,” Aaron said outside a bar on Nikolskaya Street, near Red Square, the Russian capital’s iconic epicenter, which had been temporarily taken over by England fans.

“Anyone who’s stayed at home, you’re a mug, you should have come out here!"

‘If you stayed home you’re a mug!’ England fans on 'unbelievable' Russia World Cup trip

BTW, Tommy must be one of those mugs.:laughing0301:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back