The World Cup discussion thread

Oakenfold authored a soundtrack for the FIFA 2005 PC game and wrote a number of music themes for football tournaments in the past, he sais: “I’ve seen a lot of changes, Moscow is without doubt a very cosmopolitan city now,” the famous DJ said, standing on a bridge overlooking Moskva River.

When asked about changes he’s seen in Russia, he replied: “People are smiling – Russians are smiling – maybe because the country is doing well and the team is doing well.”

“It’s good to be here, I’m very lucky,” added the DJ.

“[The tournament is] very well organized here, I must say, very friendly, very much football everywhere,” the DJ said of what he saw in Moscow.

“I respect Russia, I respect the people, I love coming to this country, so I wanted to go and play out my respect and show people how much I love Russia,” he added.

‘Lucky to be here’: DJ Paul Oakenfold tells RT of World Cup impression

Ready Steady Go! Paul Oakenfold talks 'changed Russia' & World Cup

At least England qualified (unlike Wales), Tammy :abgg2q.jpg:
Hey Tilly,you have nearly used up your funny quota for the day. Stop bullying me.
Nice too have you again at the forum Tilly:), The French are doing pretty good but i like the English team too :thup:
I found the Crotie team really impressive and even better I had a bet on them:badgrin:
Thank you, Dalia :smiliehug:.
I think France have 6 points - Viva la France! I am looking forward to France v Denmark tomorrow - good luck!
Me too (looking forward).
Go Danes!
Yes, good luck. How do you think you will do?
I think France has a better team, but i am hoping for a tie, so both will advance. In today’s game, France may not be as motivated to play hard, saving injuries & foul cards, so i think Denmark should be able to tie, at least.

Süleman schießt den Ball weit ins Feld, Al Capone hinterher. Doch er erwischt ihn nicht und der Ball bleibt bei den Deutschen. Erdogan am Ball. Erdogan. Gibt ab an Isil. Der treibt ihn vor sich her. Die Mexikaner schließen auf, Isil passt nach links. Öcalan. Gleich in Schußposition. Da, er schießt, Keeper Desperado hält! Die Pille is weg, Ecke für die Alemannen.
Khaeda geht ran, Mustafl erwartet den Pass und köpft die Pille rein, TOR!
1:0 für Deutschland in der 85. Minute. Tja, so kanns gehen, damit haben wir den Cup!

USA TV coverage is poor. No game found on TV tonight after work hours! Huh? Poor Americans cannot watch on free TV? No wonder lack of interest.

0-0 Den-Fra FT in tight game.

USA TV coverage is poor. No game found on TV tonight after work hours! Huh? Poor Americans cannot watch on free TV? No wonder lack of interest.

0-0 Den-Fra FT in tight game.
You may get this app
itunes.apple.com/ru/app/id562888484
And watch all Cup games free live or recorded... any highlights and goals from different cameras...

36285467_10156025552249652_7541475951981363200_n.jpg

US President Donald Trump has praised Russia’s organization of the 2018 World Cup

“They have really done a fantastic job with the World Cup. It’s exciting, even if you’re not a soccer fan,” he said, referring to Russia. “I think the venue has been fantastic, they really have shown something very special.”

Trump’s comments echo remarks by his national security adviser John Bolton, who is visiting Moscow at the moment. Bolton told Russian President Vladimir Putin that he looked forward to “learning how you’ve handled the World Cup so successfully.”

“We’d be happy to share our experience with you,” Putin told Bolton earlier.

Russia doing ‘fantastic job’ with World Cup – Trump

"I have been coming to this country for over three years now in the preparation of this (World Cup)," the FIFA Chief Competitions and Events Officer Colin Smith said. "I have seen first-hand the hospitality, the accommodation, the passion, the enthusiasm for hosting the World Cup here."

Asked at a news conference in Moscow whether FIFA was expecting to see such level of the championship’s organization, Smith said, "No, I was not at all surprised."

The FIFA official also praised the attendance at the so-called Fan zones, which are operating in Russia under the FIFA’s concept of Fan Fest.

"The Fan zones are working very well," Smith said. "We see the pictures, the images, the footages, 5 million people enjoying the Fan zones."

"We can say that the concept of the FIFA Fan Fest continues to work very well and provides really a focal point for all the cities and for all the fans together," Smith added.

However, football fans both from all over the world are still able to feel the FIFA atmosphere in Russia even if they missed a chance to buy tickets to a match to see the games live at stadiums. This is because they were offered to see matches at venues called FIFA Fan Fest, which are places outside of a FIFA World Cup stadium to watch matches.

FIFA official praises Russia’s hospitality and 2018 World Cup’s top-notch organization

FIFA Secretary General: Some 5 mln visit Fan Fest zones across Russia at 2018 World Cup

Over 1.5 mln Fan IDs issued as World Cup’s group stage ends

One more prove of lies in western media who scared people with Russia.
This Cup shows that they cannot be trusted.
I always said there is no criminality, no racism and no homophobia at all. At least not more than in any other country.
Hope more and more people realize the real situation after visiting Russia and hope they will share their experience to others.

Russia was always welcome country and it is now.
Huge problems of 1990s (our "democratic" years) are in past now, so everything is fine now. Invite everyone to visit our beautiful country and to get unforgettable impressions of that.

Forum List

Back