The War On Marriage

Talk to KG about birth control, some people really do have a war with birth control.

Thank god I recognize her opinions arent that of the GOP as a whole.

The Dems seem to have purposely taken a position that marginalizes the Catholic Church.

The fight over BC is Liberals trying to demonize people for their religious beliefs.

Why don't we make a law that everyone must eat pork and the government has to pay for it?

I'm up for some governmentally funded pork-chops.

i am an only child....i have an only child......but apparently that is not up to standards for republicans now....how many kids do you have mudd..

Talk to KG about birth control, some people really do have a war with birth control.

1)The Dems seem to have purposely taken a position that marginalizes the Catholic Church.

2) The fight over BC is Liberals trying to demonize people for their religious beliefs.

3) Why don't we make a law that everyone must eat pork and the government has to pay for it?

1) I wouldn't trust the church to run a day care, so why on earth would I trust them with power in a secular government?

2) Yeah liberals are the one's doing the demonising... Do you know how many times I've seen religious fanatics calling a young woman a "slut" and a "whore" for using contraception?

3) No one is forcing anyone to use contraception.

big-family.jpg

If you want to bring down a society the quickest way is to attack the most important element of that society. Marriage.

I know this is old fashioned to think this way but that's my point. Marriage isn't what it used to be. It even has become an object of scorn by the left.

"Having to get married before getting pregnant? Are you kidding me???"

I used to think that white middle-class 50-60 year old males were the most hated group in America, but really the one group that is the focus of the most bigotry is the family unit. It's just not cool to be married. Marriage holds women back. In some people's minds it is the same as slavery.

It's easy for some to be married and still be highly critical of it. Being married is a pain in the butt. I think the best way to punish someone is to force them to marry someone they don't want to or to be forced into marriage because of a pregnancy. Gays want to be able to marry but the Gay activists show a palatable disdain for straight couples. The tables have been turned in our society to the point where if you say you're married and support the institution you're an outcast. What is normal has been redefined.

Having children out of wedlock is the quickest road to poverty. Kids are expensive and having only one income just isn't enough to make ends meet. It almost assures that you will become dependent one way or another on governmental assistance. So in effect government stands in the way of the family being a successful enterprise. For decades single mothers have been encouraged to stay single with cash handouts from Uncle Sugar.

Pictured above is a large family. Many find fault in this. Many assumptions can be made of the family pictured. 50 years ago this was normal in America. Now having one or two kids is the norm, at least among whites. Having children isn't the reason one gets married anymore. You don't need to make the commitment. Funny thing is there are reasons the old ways worked better. Pooling resources is the best way to get ahead or at least keep your head above water.

Marriage is not so easily defined. Marriage is whatever the people involved wish it to be. The choice of what that might be belongs in the hands of the people who wish to be married. That marriage may not be what you would choose for yourself. However, if you were in a marriage that I would not choose for me and told you it was wrong, I suspect you would tell me where I could stick my opinion. And you would be right in doing so, because it is none of my business. But that is a two-way street. You should not be able to define marriage for others any more than others should be able to define it for you.

What you are describing is Anarchy. Why have Laws at all? Fail.

No. What I am describing is freedom. For some, freedom is very scary.

1)The Dems seem to have purposely taken a position that marginalizes the Catholic Church.

2) The fight over BC is Liberals trying to demonize people for their religious beliefs.

3) Why don't we make a law that everyone must eat pork and the government has to pay for it?

1) I wouldn't trust the church to run a day care, so why on earth would I trust them with power in a secular government?

2) Yeah liberals are the one's doing the demonising... Do you know how many times I've seen religious fanatics calling a young woman a "slut" and a "whore" for using contraception?

3) No one is forcing anyone to use contraception.

The problem here is you don't understand the Constitution.

The threat isn't from crazy Christians running roughshod over your rights. It comes from secular agnostics trying to force Christians to adhere to their morals and their ideology. And nobody is being forced to use contraception, just forced to pay for it.

Oh, and those religious fanatics are just as much a pain in the ass to normal Christians.

The Dems seem to have purposely taken a position that marginalizes the Catholic Church.

The fight over BC is Liberals trying to demonize people for their religious beliefs.

Why don't we make a law that everyone must eat pork and the government has to pay for it?

actually, the government already subsidizes pork, and just about everything else agricultural.

The Catholic Church's position is extreme, as 96% of Catholic women of child bearing years practice some kind of birth control. The Church was seeking to impose its view on birth control on their employees, even the ones who weren't Catholic.

:confused:

How is allowing individuals to define what the right type of marriage is for them anarchy? Whether they have no kids, 20 kids, sleep in separate beds or live like the Brady bunch is no one else's business.

It’s not.

The state creates the legal framework of marriage, individuals are free to define marriage within that framework, as it relates to their private lives.

It’s anything but ‘anarchy.’

Maybe not anarchy, but I think we can all agree it will, at the very least, result in the final destruction of western civilization.

Why would you think we would all agree to that? I can only hope you are just being ironic here.

[

The threat isn't from crazy Christians running roughshod over your rights. It comes from secular agnostics trying to force Christians to adhere to their morals and their ideology. And nobody is being forced to use contraception, just forced to pay for it.

Oh, and those religious fanatics are just as much a pain in the ass to normal Christians.

But if you want to take it to the extreme, let's go there.

Let's say you are in a hospital, and they need to perform a blood transfusion to save your life. But they just checked your insurance policy, found out that your employer was a Jehovah's Witness, and they don't believe in Blood Transfusions.

Or your Employer is a Christian Scientist, and doesn't believe in medical technology at all.

Frankly, I don't believe I should die because my employer is a religious asshole. Nor should I be denied any medical treatment that my doctor and I have agreed is the best course of action.

If you aren't going to go single payer, then you have to set a standard of care.

actually, the government already subsidizes pork, and just about everything else agricultural.

The Catholic Church's position is extreme, as 96% of Catholic women of child bearing years practice some kind of birth control. The Church was seeking to impose its view on birth control on their employees, even the ones who weren't Catholic.

The Church has a right to their religious views. Their employees have a right to look for another job if they don't feel their insurance covers them enough to buy their rubbers for them.

This is a circular argument that the White House dreamed up and is using it to confuse women and gain their support. It has no end point. Abortion wasn't enough for them. They want to force Catholic organizations to purchase contraceptives. It is against the constitution to force them to do so, so this goes to the court and of course they will win because Obama has a stacked court.

This is all just an unnecessary abuse by the government with the full support of the mob. Democracy in action.

[

But if you want to take it to the extreme, let's go there.

Let's say you are in a hospital, and they need to perform a blood transfusion to save your life. But they just checked your insurance policy, found out that your employer was a Jehovah's Witness, and they don't believe in Blood Transfusions.

Or your Employer is a Christian Scientist, and doesn't believe in medical technology at all.

Frankly, I don't believe I should die because my employer is a religious asshole. Nor should I be denied any medical treatment that my doctor and I have agreed is the best course of action.

If you aren't going to go single payer, then you have to set a standard of care.

If that is the case then you would know you didn't have medical insurance.

Now who's stupid enough to work for a company that believes in praying away illness and expecting medical coverage?

Once again you're head is up your behind.

The Church has a right to their religious views. Their employees have a right to look for another job if they don't feel their insurance covers them enough to buy their rubbers for them.

This is a circular argument that the White House dreamed up and is using it to confuse women and gain their support. It has no end point. Abortion wasn't enough for them. They want to force Catholic organizations to purchase contraceptives. It is against the constitution to force them to do so, so this goes to the court and of course they will win because Obama has a stacked court.

This is all just an unnecessary abuse by the government with the full support of the mob. Democracy in action.

I honestly wish the Catholic Church had shown as much concern about pedophile priests that they spend worrying about how their employees are tending to their lady-parts.

The Church as a right to their views, as backwards, stupid, superstition and misogynistic as they are. And they are free to preach to churches that are increasingly empty.

But when they run a money-shot business like a hospital or a charity, and hire people to work, one of those compensations being health insurance, they should not be in there second guessing the patient and her doctor.

because they aren't qualified.

So here's the deal. The Doctors won't go into Church and point out the impossibiliy of using Magic Words to Turn Wafers into Chunks of Jesus, and the Church won't go around telling the Doctors their job!

Sounds reasonable to me.

The irony here is that the "Dems" are in favor of removing laws which tell you how you must live your life, not adding them. Yet you seem to be equating the increase of personal freedom from government interference with adding to that interference.

And it isn't the Catholic Church being marginalized. It is the leadership which is struggling with the idea that it cannot control the lives of even Catholics by just giving orders.

Now who's stupid enough to work for a company that believes in praying away illness and expecting medical coverage?

Except for the times I've had employers with "Stein" at the ends of their names, I had no idea what religion my employer belongs to. They might have been Christian Scientists or Jehovah's Witnesses or some other flavor of crazy. (By the way, from my viewpoint, ALL religions are crazy.)

I honestly wish the Catholic Church had shown as much concern about pedophile priests that they spend worrying about how their employees are tending to their lady-parts.

The Church as a right to their views, as backwards, stupid, superstition and misogynistic as they are. And they are free to preach to churches that are increasingly empty.

But when they run a money-shot business like a hospital or a charity, and hire people to work, one of those compensations being health insurance, they should not be in there second guessing the patient and her doctor.

because they aren't qualified.

So here's the deal. The Doctors won't go into Church and point out the impossibiliy of Turning Wafers into Chunks of Jesus, and the Church won't go around telling the Doctors their job!

Sounds reasonable to me.

The above post is laced with bigotry.

This is exhibit A in the war against Christianity.

Obama has a stacked court? The Catholic Church is an insurance company? Just breath taking.

Except for the times I've had employers with "Stein" at the ends of their names, I had no idea what religion my employer belongs to. They might have been Christian Scientists or Jehovah's Witnesses or some other flavor of crazy. (By the way, from my viewpoint, ALL religions are crazy.)

Damn......you really are a bigot.

You should watch that antipathy towards people who are different from you.

Forum List

Back