The War On Marriage

A family with 15 kids was never considered "normal". A woman is more than the life support system for a uterus.

So is it "War on Marriage" delusion time. I thought we were in "War on Christmas" season?

I think you ran out of toes. I see 17.......and that isn't the point........but I guess I'm wasting my time explaining it to you.

Oh, yeah, that makes it better... by all means, some funditard freaks mistaking a vagina for a clown car is definitely the way to go. Somehow, I supsect this family gets big subsidies from the government.

The point you are trying to make, I guess, is that everyone should embrace YOUR notion of what constitutes a family. Because if you say it has other forms, well, then, that's just making war on our idea of what it should be.

Look, guy, the days of you pulling this "they're out to get you" shit are coming to an end. YOu can keep playing the religion card, the race card and the homophobia cards all day.

But people are realizing the only real separation is between the rich and the rest of us.

Okay, I am the one trying to rule over you.

I have news for you numb-nuts, the gooks are in the wire. This election has emboldened the freaks to come out of the woods. Now you're gonna get a true taste of what they have in store for us.

Where was the part indicating that you are an outcast if you are married? :confused:

That's not what you asked. You asked who told us that anyone who supports traditional marriage comes under attack.

Try to keep focused.

I was very clear in what I asked you.

When you asked it you were.

Then you changed the question and acted like I didn't answer the first question.

Just being married to someone of the opposite sex doesn't make you an outcast. Thinking that's normal does. At least according to the left. It's a matter of morality and the left sneers at to old ideas of morality. Being moral has been redefined.

There is no war on marriage being waged by gay and lesbian Americans. There is however a war against the GLBT community...a war that prevents this group of people from receiving their rights, as tax paying Americans, to live their lives as they see fit with the person they chose to live with. The only people who are waging this imaginary war against marriage are those people who were forced into marriage because of family or peer pressure, an untimely pregnancy (darned straights who can't follow their self imposed religious leaders who call for abstinence until marriage) and last but certainly not least, those people who chose to marry without totally knowing the person they chose for a partner. They are their own worse enemy.
As far as the Duggar freaks, I can't help but imagine what they receive back in taxes every year for their enormous brood. All of the RR who whine and cry about minorities who have baby after baby and are forced to receive assistance from the government. To me this subset of people who have illegitimate children and those like the Duggars are one of the same....both are relying on the government to support their choices.

I think you ran out of toes. I see 17.......and that isn't the point........but I guess I'm wasting my time explaining it to you.

Oh, yeah, that makes it better... by all means, some funditard freaks mistaking a vagina for a clown car is definitely the way to go. Somehow, I supsect this family gets big subsidies from the government.

The point you are trying to make, I guess, is that everyone should embrace YOUR notion of what constitutes a family. Because if you say it has other forms, well, then, that's just making war on our idea of what it should be.

Look, guy, the days of you pulling this "they're out to get you" shit are coming to an end. YOu can keep playing the religion card, the race card and the homophobia cards all day.

But people are realizing the only real separation is between the rich and the rest of us.

I have news for you numb-nuts, the gooks are in the wire. This election has emboldened the freaks to come out of the woods. Now you're gonna get a true taste of what they have in store for us.

ali2.jpg

get to the bunker! :lmao:

big-family.jpg

If you want to bring down a society the quickest way is to attack the most important element of that society. Marriage.

I know this is old fashioned to think this way but that's my point. Marriage isn't what it used to be. It even has become an object of scorn by the left.

"Having to get married before getting pregnant? Are you kidding me???"

I used to think that white middle-class 50-60 year old males were the most hated group in America, but really the one group that is the focus of the most bigotry is the family unit. It's just not cool to be married. Marriage holds women back. In some people's minds it is the same as slavery.

It's easy for some to be married and still be highly critical of it. Being married is a pain in the butt. I think the best way to punish someone is to force them to marry someone they don't want to or to be forced into marriage because of a pregnancy. Gays want to be able to marry but the Gay activists show a palatable disdain for straight couples. The tables have been turned in our society to the point where if you say you're married and support the institution you're an outcast. What is normal has been redefined.

Having children out of wedlock is the quickest road to poverty. Kids are expensive and having only one income just isn't enough to make ends meet. It almost assures that you will become dependent one way or another on governmental assistance. So in effect government stands in the way of the family being a successful enterprise. For decades single mothers have been encouraged to stay single with cash handouts from Uncle Sugar.

Pictured above is a large family. Many find fault in this. Many assumptions can be made of the family pictured. 50 years ago this was normal in America. Now having one or two kids is the norm, at least among whites. Having children isn't the reason one gets married anymore. You don't need to make the commitment. Funny thing is there are reasons the old ways worked better. Pooling resources is the best way to get ahead or at least keep your head above water.

Marriage is not so easily defined. Marriage is whatever the people involved wish it to be. The choice of what that might be belongs in the hands of the people who wish to be married. That marriage may not be what you would choose for yourself. However, if you were in a marriage that I would not choose for me and told you it was wrong, I suspect you would tell me where I could stick my opinion. And you would be right in doing so, because it is none of my business. But that is a two-way street. You should not be able to define marriage for others any more than others should be able to define it for you.

What you are describing is Anarchy. Why have Laws at all? Fail.

big-family.jpg

If you want to bring down a society the quickest way is to attack the most important element of that society. Marriage.

I know this is old fashioned to think this way but that's my point. Marriage isn't what it used to be. It even has become an object of scorn by the left.

I used to think that white middle-class 50-60 year old males were the most hated group in America, but really the one group that is the focus of the most bigotry is the family unit. It's just not cool to be married. Marriage holds women back. In some people's minds it is the same as slavery.

It's easy for some to be married and still be highly critical of it. Being married is a pain in the butt. I think the best way to punish someone is to force them to marry someone they don't want to or to be forced into marriage because of a pregnancy. Gays want to be able to marry but the Gay activists show a palatable disdain for straight couples. The tables have been turned in our society to the point where if you say you're married and support the institution you're an outcast. What is normal has been redefined.

Having children out of wedlock is the quickest road to poverty. Kids are expensive and having only one income just isn't enough to make ends meet. It almost assures that you will become dependent one way or another on governmental assistance. So in effect government stands in the way of the family being a successful enterprise. For decades single mothers have been encouraged to stay single with cash handouts from Uncle Sugar.

Pictured above is a large family. Many find fault in this. Many assumptions can be made of the family pictured. 50 years ago this was normal in America. Now having one or two kids is the norm, at least among whites. Having children isn't the reason one gets married anymore. You don't need to make the commitment. Funny thing is there are reasons the old ways worked better. Pooling resources is the best way to get ahead or at least keep your head above water.

Marriage is not so easily defined. Marriage is whatever the people involved wish it to be. The choice of what that might be belongs in the hands of the people who wish to be married. That marriage may not be what you would choose for yourself. However, if you were in a marriage that I would not choose for me and told you it was wrong, I suspect you would tell me where I could stick my opinion. And you would be right in doing so, because it is none of my business. But that is a two-way street. You should not be able to define marriage for others any more than others should be able to define it for you.

:confused:

How is allowing individuals to define what the right type of marriage is for them anarchy? Whether they have no kids, 20 kids, sleep in separate beds or live like the Brady bunch is no one else's business.

Yawn, guy, kind of boring.

Frankly, you haven't said anything yet that should scare a sane person.

6562887_gal.gif

"they're coming to get you, Barbara!"

Last edited:

How is allowing individuals to define what the right type of marriage is for them anarchy? Whether they have no kids, 20 kids, sleep in separate beds or live like the Brady bunch is no one else's business.

When we distinguish "Inside the Law" from "Outside the Law" there is a big difference. In society we have Laws that Govern what we can and cannot do that touch on pretty much every aspect of life.

It’s not.

The state creates the legal framework of marriage, individuals are free to define marriage within that framework, as it relates to their private lives.

It’s anything but ‘anarchy.’

It’s not.

The state creates the legal framework of marriage, individuals are free to define marriage within that framework, as it relates to their private lives.

It’s anything but ‘anarchy.’

Maybe not anarchy, but I think we can all agree it will, at the very least, result in the final destruction of western civilization.

big-family.jpg

I do find fault with this family. There are way too many kids. Do you honestly believe that each child gets the individual attention and love that they need?? I don't. It's just not possible. I don't believe that financially the parents are doing the best for these children either. Not unless they have a pile of money. I'm sure they have outside help.

What is wrong with having only one or two kids?? I don't get the point of this thread at all. What point are you trying to make??

When we distinguish "Inside the Law" from "Outside the Law" there is a big difference. In society we have Laws that Govern what we can and cannot do that touch on pretty much every aspect of life.

Only because the religious right is absolutely obsessed with sex and the fact that someone may be having it. It really is a demonstration of extreme perversity to say that allowing someone to decide who they love and how they commit to that person is "anarchy". Can you do anything but beat up strawmen?

Only because the religious right is absolutely obsessed with sex and the fact that someone may be having it. It really is a demonstration of extreme perversity to say that allowing someone to decide who they love and how they commit to that person is "anarchy". Can you do anything but beat up strawmen?

Sex is dirty and filthy, it leads to depravity and disease, it shows low moral fibre and self control, is an instrument of the devil and...you should only do it with someone you really love!

Sex is dirty and filthy, it leads to depravity and disease, it shows low moral fibre and self control, is an instrument of the devil and...you should only do it with someone you really love!

It's sad that I can't tell if you are joking or not.

It's sad that I can't tell if you are joking or not.

You're right.

big-family.jpg

I do find fault with this family. There are way too many kids. Do you honestly believe that each child gets the individual attention and love that they need?? I don't. It's just not possible. I don't believe that financially the parents are doing the best for these children either. Not unless they have a pile of money. I'm sure they have outside help.

What is wrong with having only one or two kids?? I don't get the point of this thread at all. What point are you trying to make??

And just who the fuck are you to say?

big-family.jpg

19 kids were normal 50 years ago? you sure bro? I know Magic Johnson grew up with 9 brothers and sisters but 19 kids is a bit much, even for back than.

mudwhistle just tipped his hand

This is why Republicans are at war against birth control...they want everyone to have 19 kids

Barefoot and pregnant...the good ole days

I don't think the republicans have a war against birth control. Abortion isn't birth control and never should be used as birth control.

big-family.jpg

Do you know anything about this family at all? How can you judge them? My neighbor has 8 kids and they all behave better and are more successful than most other kids in this neighborhood. My parents had 5, and yes, one on one time was scarce, but it was all the more valued and cherished. I also had friends to play with all the time. And sisters to confide in when I needed to talk to someone. My older brother was my protector. I was my younger brother's protector.

I think today's families are at a real loss not having brother's and sister's and learning to get along and share with others at an early age. I think a big problem in society is the number of kids being raised without the responsibility of taking care of their younger siblings or younger cousins and so they think having a baby out of wedlock is a lark, until the baby is born.

My cousin is an only child and she has been envious of us all her life even though we were there for her as much as possible.

Read the book "Yours, Mine, and Ours." Don't watch the movie, read the book. It's a true story. Maybe you'll come away with a different viewpoint.

big-family.jpg

And just who the fuck are you to say?

I guess "choice" only applies to killing babies not making babies. I can't believe she actually posted this:

I do find fault with this family. There are way too many kids.

Forum List

Back