The Walking Dead - Season 7

I'm just thinking, how many dumb mistakes can Rick make for the group, before they realize Carol is smarter and more clever to lead? I knew when they brought in the garbage pale kids into the fence of Alexandra that it's appeal was gonna open up a huge risk that might bite them in the end. Turned out a plan all along, but having them inside instead of outside as flank circle to get the fleeing saviors, opened up a huge unecessary risk. He's good at finding weapons, but not good at keeping them. I'd Make him chief scavenger(which he's also messed up-truck in the lake), but not armory guard. *L*

Did you know that the guy who played Glenn was the little boy on Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom?

"Help me, Mr. Jones!"

3-wan-short-round-li1.png

No it's not...

So, no one caught the reference to Smokey and the Bandit in episode 10...

I posted that a long time ago. I know this now, thanks anyways. :)

I've avoided this thread since it started. I record all the episodes and watch the weekend of the season finale...

Am I understanding this right? You watch ALL of them in one weekend? If so, wow! That's a marathon weekend of TV watching!

The Mrs and I stayed up until 2am Sunday morning watching the first half of the season then finished watching the second half Sunday just in time for the finale. Got the chores and errands done early, set a chicken in the the oven at 250 and away we go...

Next up... Black Sails...

What are you talking about? There is going to be war now! It's going to be good!
These people just need something to complain about. There's no actual way this episode could've gone that would've satisfied them. There will always be something they don't like. The ones that said they're quitting on the show will all be in this thread next season commenting too...bet :lol:

First they dragged it out way too long. It was what 90 min finale, white 10-15 mins of action.

Too many cliche and plot holes:
(1) The garbage crew betrays Rick. Who didn't see that coming.
(2) The Kingdom and Hilltop get there right in time.
(3) Bullets flying everywhere but no one of meaning gets killed

I will admit I enjoyed seeing Shiva kill some folks and Carol and Morgan back in the fighting mind set. Now that the wooden soldier at the end was explained I am glad that Dwight's turn was legit.

Hopefully next season is better.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I think you were right on your first post GHook...I am done. I can't do it any longer.
This episode was the dumbest-weak "finale" of pretty much any finale of any show.
The Garbage crew storyline was absolutely dumb. Suuuure - right after they try to kill Rick, and admit they survive by stealing and kidnapping people...Rick and crew agree to supply them with all the free guns they want. :cuckoo:
AMC has officially made this show a cash grab. Weak story lines, overly dramatized soap opera'ish episodes.
I am officially done.

I think you were right on your first post GHook...I am done. I can't do it any longer.
This episode was the dumbest-weak "finale" of pretty much any finale of any show.
The Garbage crew storyline was absolutely dumb. Suuuure - right after they try to kill Rick, and admit they survive by stealing and kidnapping people...Rick and crew agree to supply them with all the free guns they want. :cuckoo:
AMC has officially made this show a cash grab. Weak story lines, overly dramatized soap opera'ish episodes.
I am officially done.
Don't let the door hit ya bro.

So what's the over/under on how many more times Negan will almost kill Rick?

The soap opera format brought to primetime was an unfortunate development. It's kind of a geezerish thing to say but I think the bygone days of tv were better when each show in a series was its own standalone story. One hour with a beginning middle and end.

The soap opera format brought to primetime was an unfortunate development. It's kind of a geezerish thing to say but I think the bygone days of tv were better when each show in a series was its own standalone story. One hour with a beginning middle and end.

Multi-episode storylines allow for much greater depth. They also allow for much greater disappointment. :dunno:

Did you know that the guy who played Glenn was the little boy on Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom?

"Help me, Mr. Jones!"

3-wan-short-round-li1.png

No it's not...

So, no one caught the reference to Smokey and the Bandit in episode 10...

I posted that a long time ago. I know this now, thanks anyways. :)

I've avoided this thread since it started. I record all the episodes and watch the weekend of the season finale...

Am I understanding this right? You watch ALL of them in one weekend? If so, wow! That's a marathon weekend of TV watching!
I marathon watch House Of Cards
Lose sleep for it.

Multi-episode storylines allow for much greater depth. They also allow for much greater disappointment. :dunno:

Well in my opinion the 4 or 6 or even 10 part mini-series is how you accomplish that. Tell me up front that this story has an ending, and how far away it is.

TWD has turned into 'Lost' and I'm sure I'm not the first person to say that.

Well in my opinion the 4 or 6 or even 10 part mini-series is how you accomplish that. Tell me up front that this story has an ending, and how far away it is.

I'm not sure how TWD has turned into Lost. Lost became a disjointed mess, TWD still has a fairly clear story. The problems TWD has are not because of a loss of cohesion, but more because of a general laziness and predictability in writing.

What are you talking about? There is going to be war now! It's going to be good!
These people just need something to complain about. There's no actual way this episode could've gone that would've satisfied them. There will always be something they don't like. The ones that said they're quitting on the show will all be in this thread next season commenting too...bet :lol:

First they dragged it out way too long. It was what 90 min finale, white 10-15 mins of action.

Too many cliche and plot holes:
(1) The garbage crew betrays Rick. Who didn't see that coming.
(2) The Kingdom and Hilltop get there right in time.
(3) Bullets flying everywhere but no one of meaning gets killed

I will admit I enjoyed seeing Shiva kill some folks and Carol and Morgan back in the fighting mind set. Now that the wooden soldier at the end was explained I am glad that Dwight's turn was legit.

Hopefully next season is better.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Good grief. If everything and everyone was perfect like you seem to want it, then we wouldn't really have much of a show! If Rick knew the Garbage Crew was going to double cross him, then it would have been a completely different story line.

i agree it was stupid to trust the junkyard group but if the writers wrote the show the way we see it then all the walkers would be dead, negan would be dead, and the show would be over. Do you want something to watch every week or do you just want to write up one more episode to solve the entire problem and end the show?

i agree it was stupid to trust the junkyard group but if the writers wrote the show the way we see it then all the walkers would be dead, negan would be dead, and the show would be over. Do you want something to watch every week or do you just want to write up one more episode to solve the entire problem and end the show?

The writers don't have to make the group do everything perfectly, but the writers have been too obvious with their plot devices of late.

Your not, I have said that myself. And that is exactly what it has become.
We all have reasons to not like HBO as a company, but at least they know how to make a series end...most of the time anyway.
AMC has turned TWD into a big fat cash cow. This season was the worst, and very few would disagree with that.
I will no longer watch it. When the time comes that the only reason you are still watching a show is because of what it once was, and hoping it will still be good "this time"...then it is time to stop.

Your not, I have said that myself. And that is exactly what it has become.
We all have reasons to not like HBO as a company, but at least they know how to make a series end...most of the time anyway.
AMC has turned TWD into a big fat cash cow. This season was the worst, and very few would disagree with that.
I will no longer watch it. When the time comes that the only reason you are still watching a show is because of what it once was, and hoping it will still be good "this time"...then it is time to stop.

It's true. They make these shows open ended so that they can drag them out as long as the money is coming in.

It's as if you were reading a novel (back in the old days when people read lol) and just as you started to get towards the end,
5 more chapters magically appeared.

The funniest part about Lost was that they spent 6 years getting to an ending that so many people had already guessed in the first couple episodes.

Forum List

Back