The Virus in Washington DC

Here's a better idea. Why not get better organized. Maybe even elect a leader. At the very least have SOMEONE to throw out the trash and stop have the Tea Party as a whole thought of as a bunch of kooks with tea bags dangling from the brims of hats. Do any of those people know how stupid and immature they look? Honestly?

Why be so obsessed about how they look? They were making a point. I thought it was funny! It was supposed to be funny. The TEA partiers aren't a 'party', they are a movement.

If we don't step away from the idea of two parties, we will not get the change we need. Personally, I don't care whether my representative wears a suit or jeans and a t-shirt, I just want that person to be honest.... even when the truth hurts.

Cali...let's be honest...a movement, in and of itself cannot really affect change (sorry, my OPINION again). I am SO with you about the two party system. We need once and for all to have a VIABLE third paty. IF we can get there, then we can get a 4th or 5th viable party. Eventually, voting along party lines will become meaningless, which I believe would be a good thing. But we have to start somewhere, and if, against my opinion, this Tea Party movement has enough support, then so be it. Legitimize them and let's move forward.
In fact, we don't need a third party. We need to do away with all party designations. Vote based upon what the candidate says he wants to bring to government. Not on what any party brings to government.

Do away with Party funding for election. Let each person raise the money on their own and pay it back from their own pocket. Outlaw all special interest money to candidates. And I mean ALL of it.

Why be so obsessed about how they look? They were making a point. I thought it was funny! It was supposed to be funny. The TEA partiers aren't a 'party', they are a movement.

If we don't step away from the idea of two parties, we will not get the change we need. Personally, I don't care whether my representative wears a suit or jeans and a t-shirt, I just want that person to be honest.... even when the truth hurts.

Cali...let's be honest...a movement, in and of itself cannot really affect change (sorry, my OPINION again). I am SO with you about the two party system. We need once and for all to have a VIABLE third paty. IF we can get there, then we can get a 4th or 5th viable party. Eventually, voting along party lines will become meaningless, which I believe would be a good thing. But we have to start somewhere, and if, against my opinion, this Tea Party movement has enough support, then so be it. Legitimize them and let's move forward.
In fact, we don't need a third party. We need to do away with all party designations. Vote based upon what the candidate says he wants to bring to government. Not on what any party brings to government.

Do away with Party funding for election. Let each person raise the money on their own and pay it back from their own pocket. Outlaw all special interest money to candidates. And I mean ALL of it.

Darkwind, you and I may be talking about the same result. As it stands, unless a third party is viable, they are not even invited to the table. They are not allowed to take part in debates. If they cannot do this, they cannot get their message out. Do you see where I am going with this?

Darkwind, you and I may be talking about the same result. As it stands, unless a third party is viable, they are not even invited to the table. They are not allowed to take part in debates. If they cannot do this, they cannot get their message out. Do you see where I am going with this?
I do, but I think you are attacking the problem from the wrong angle.

Lets not create a new party. Lets simply dismantle and outlaw the other two.

If we are talking openly and honestly...which path do you see as more "doable"?

If we are talking openly and honestly...which path do you see as more "doable"?
Doable as in, 'Effective' or doable as in achieving the stated goals?

At the very least have SOMEONE to throw out the trash and stop have the Tea Party as a whole thought of as a bunch of kooks with tea bags dangling from the brims of hats. Do any of those people know how stupid and immature they look?

Is that how you judge people? On how they look? Hmmmmmmmmm...very interesting revealation.

They look no more crazier or kookier than these people....whom you embrace as fellow liberals supporting your views!!!

p10bv1.jpg

p18zf7.jpg

p16kc2.jpg

p07ul1.jpg

Last edited:
Are you trying to convince yourself? You may have to repeat it more than once.

I dont need to convince myself at all considering I know who I am and how I think.

My intent was to open your eyes a little bit as to how you are coming across in this thread.

I know PRECISELY how I am coming across. Just because I don't care for the Tea Party "movement" and do not believe them to be a viable avenue to affect change in Washington, does not make me partisan, as you are trying to label me.

It the reasonings you give that make you appear partisan. Your taking a needle out of the haystack and trying to define the entire haystack by that needle.

At the very least have SOMEONE to throw out the trash and stop have the Tea Party as a whole thought of as a bunch of kooks with tea bags dangling from the brims of hats. Do any of those people know how stupid and immature they look?

Is that how you judge people? On how they look? Hmmmmmmmmm...very interesting revealation.

They look no more crazier or kookier than these people....whom you embrace as fellow liberals supporting your views!!!

OK. I give up. It is no wonder that Washington runs roughshod over us. We are not capable of having a reasoned debate without silliness.

I should have known better than to try.

Here's a better idea. Why not get better organized. Maybe even elect a leader. At the very least have SOMEONE to throw out the trash and stop have the Tea Party as a whole thought of as a bunch of kooks with tea bags dangling from the brims of hats. Do any of those people know how stupid and immature they look? Honestly?
You mean organize like a political party or something?

That is PRECISELY what I mean. IF this movement is serious and has as much support as some on this board would like to believe, then why not?

That would go counter to the spirit and intent of the movement. The movement's intent is not to make a new party or make/break an existing party.

It is to remind the politicians that we are not controlled by the 2 party system but that we the people are the ones in charge and the ones who have the power.

That is PRECISELY what I mean. IF this movement is serious and has as much support as some on this board would like to believe, then why not?

That would go counter to the spirit and intent of the movement. The movement's intent is not to make a new party or make/break an existing party.

It is to remind the politicians that we are not controlled by the 2 party system but that we the people are the ones in charge and the ones who have the power.

PLYMCO.....please reread what you wrote, and explain it again. It makes NO sense to me.

OK. I give up. It is no wonder that Washington runs roughshod over us. We are not capable of having a reasoned debate without silliness.

I should have known better than to try.
Do you support the principle of judging people by their looks Cali Girl? I think not. When you see the thoughts of people revealed you understand why they hold the opinions they have. Part of the problem is that people are set in their ways and there's nothing anyone can do. If the Tea Party Movement organized as a viable political party I guarantee you the left would be on an attack mission that would make the whole Palin thing look like a day at DisneyLand....VaYank right out in front screaming how stupid they look. That's fine. It's his right to protest any way he wants as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of our fellow citizens and I fully support that.

You will find no converts here or any message board.

Exactly correct!!!! It doesn't get any simpler than this explanation.

Doable as in, 'Effective' or doable as in achieving the stated goals?

Doable, as in achieving the stated goals?
Then I would say that starting a new political party is more doable. The trouble, to My way of thinking is, we are just exchanging one master for another.

But back to MY way of thinking....the only "doable" solution is to get a viable third party, let it lead to a fourth and so on. At some point, we will dilute the system to where parties are simply irrelevant.

Then I would say that starting a new political party is more doable. The trouble, to My way of thinking is, we are just exchanging one master for another.

But back to MY way of thinking....the only "doable" solution is to get a viable third party, let it lead to a fourth and so on. At some point, we will dilute the system to where parties are simply irrelevant.
Okay, so define viable?

You're mistaken. Look at country's with multiple partys...they have to form shakey coalitions and once one gets pissed off the government falls apart...I don't think the answer is 50 new political partys dividing up the Nation further than it already is...that's eurotrash style governing and our ancestors came HERE to get away from all that stuff. Why do so many people want to be just like Europe?

The answer is getting the right politicians into office and STOP the politics of division, smear and destruction

You're mistaken. Look at country's with multiple partys...they have to form shakey coalitions and once one gets pissed off the government falls apart...I don't think the answer is 50 new political partys dividing up the Nation further than it already is...that's eurotrash style governing and our ancestors came HERE to get away from all that stuff. Why do so many people want to be just like Europe?

The answer is getting the right politicians into office and STOP the politics of division, smear and destruction

And how long has it been since this has happened with out existing two party system?

As long as politicans have been around, it looks like the american public would know that you can't trust any of them and quit putting them back in charge.

This is a valid point. When you have multiple parties, coalitions have to be formed in order to get legislation passed.

But the same thing can be said about not having any parties at all. Individual will then have to form coalitions of like minded people to get through any real legislation.

How these coalitions are formed are a matter of great interest to Me and should be to the American people.

It also turns the need for any real reform or laws to be returned to the State level.

Gee..I wonder if the Founders had that thought in mind when the began drafting our future?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back