The Virus in Washington DC

Oct 8, 2009
It seems to me that, whether you are left leaning or right leaning, there is probably one thing that most intelligent Americans can agree on. That is that our political system is infected with the virus of corruption.

Some of us believed that Dr Obama had the cure. Apparently not. So now those who voted for him say that, because the previous Administration was also rife with this virus, it is ok for the current Administration to be infected. This is known (on the right) as the "But, but, but, BOOOOOOOSH" defense.

Is it not time that we demanded that our physicians in Washington heal themselves before they start healing us?

If they want to be given the honor of working for "we, the People", should we not demand that they - left or right - do so with honor?

Personally, I think we - as a People - should say to our politicians - all of them - that enough is enough. If you cannot behave like Americans, then get out and let others take your place that are willing to do so.

In short, I think that they should cure the culture of corruption before they pass another bill, make another speech, take another kick back or spend one more fucking dime of taxpayers money.

We should, in essence, seal off Washington - nothing in (no more money) and nothing out (no new bills and no more spending), until they have found a cure and inoculated themselves against corruption. The only way to do this is for each and every one of them to confess their crimes against 'we, the People' and promise that, in return for forgiveness, that they will no longer put self interest above the interest of those who seat them.

It is time we returned to 'government of the People, for the People, by the People'. This is our Republic, not theirs. We surround them. The only special interest group that is acceptable in Washington is us - the American People. We are THE Special Interest - not big business, not the unions, not the poor, the middle class, the rich or the super rich. No one group is more important than another. We should not look down on people who are poor and treat them as 'special', we should not resent those who are wealthy and expect them to support us. There are no black Americans, African Americans, Latino Americans, Irish American or any other label. They are our equals, not beneath us or above us. We are all Americans and we deserve to be governed by people who know that.

56 brave, honorable men founded this incredible experiment called the United States of America. Just 56. Just think what a nation we could be if we could find such men (and women!!) again.

Rant ends.

Last edited:
I totally agree with what you are saying. I wouldn't care who was the President if they were honest and straight forward - same thing with the Congress Critters. I don't know of a single politician that you can trust to be honest with you. Even if I didn't agree with the policy, if I was being told the truth about it all I could accept it a bit better. When politicians are campaigning, it's always the same old grind regardless of the political party, i.e., "my opponent is a dirt bag, I'm promising you the world, and things will be better with me. Trust me. I'm working for you." This is the general theme you hear from every politician and when they get elected, nothing could be further from the truth. It's time for a game changer and it's past time for honesty in politics.

Cali-G...you are exactly right. I want to believe your message is at the heart of the Tea Party movement. However, the Tea Partiers are not, and will not be taken seriously because they have too many members that well, honestly look and act like lunatics. So, this is not the way to do it. The question I pose to the board, is, HOW do we accomplish what you suggest?

Cali-G...you are exactly right. I want to believe your message is at the heart of the Tea Party movement. However, the Tea Partiers are not, and will not be taken seriously because they have too many members that well, honestly look and act like lunatics. So, this is not the way to do it. The question I pose to the board, is, HOW do we accomplish what you suggest?

get rid a shit like you

get rid a shit like you

So tell me, genius...what exactly does "get rid a shit like you" mean in your infantile brain?

get rid a shit like you

So tell me, genius...what exactly does "get rid a shit like you" mean in your infantile brain?

delete-key-red6.jpeg

I'm well aware of various Senators and Congressmen from both sides that have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar, so to speak, and the slime does rub on Bush and Obama to a degree...
But really, in fairness, neither can be held responsible for this kind of corruption...

Then we have "Party corruption" for which they certainly can be held responsible..
Now we've seen the in your face, bribes and deals that the Dems have committed just in the past few monthes... bribes and deals with LA, the Unions, and I think it was the State of Wisc.thats undieniable....

Tell me all about the "Party corruption" during the Bush years? (Not individual politicians that Bush couldn't control... )

One only needs to look at any Defense spending bill to know that corruption and the ability to spend tax money is not the sole property of one party or the other. If someone really wanted to change things in Washington then the way to do that is not to cover your eye's and vote for the TEAM, bur rather vote for the person who is going to actually represent the needs of the people that vote for them.

It seems to me that, whether you are left leaning or right leaning, there is probably one thing that most intelligent Americans can agree on. That is that our political system is infected with the virus of corruption.

Some of us believed that Dr Obama had the cure. Apparently not. So now those who voted for him say that, because the previous Administration was also rife with this virus, it is ok for the current Administration to be infected. This is known (on the right) as the "But, but, but, BOOOOOOOSH" defense.

Is it not time that we demanded that our physicians in Washington heal themselves before they start healing us?

If they want to be given the honor of working for "we, the People", should we not demand that they - left or right - do so with honor?

Personally, I think we - as a People - should say to our politicians - all of them - that enough is enough. If you cannot behave like Americans, then get out and let others take your place that are willing to do so.

In short, I think that they should cure the culture of corruption before they pass another bill, make another speech, take another kick back or spend one more fucking dime of taxpayers money.

We should, in essence, seal off Washington - nothing in (no more money) and nothing out (no new bills and no more spending), until they have found a cure and inoculated themselves against corruption. The only way to do this is for each and every one of them to confess their crimes against 'we, the People' and promise that, in return for forgiveness, that they will no longer put self interest above the interest of those who seat them.

It is time we returned to 'government of the People, for the People, by the People'. This is our Republic, not theirs. We surround them. The only special interest group that is acceptable in Washington is us - the American People. We are THE Special Interest - not big business, not the unions, not the poor, the middle class, the rich or the super rich. No one group is more important than another. We should not look down on people who are poor and treat them as 'special', we should not resent those who are wealthy and expect them to support us. There are no black Americans, African Americans, Latino Americans, Irish American or any other label. They are our equals, not beneath us or above us. We are all Americans and we deserve to be governed by people who know that.

56 brave, honorable men founded this incredible experiment called the United States of America. Just 56. Just think what a nation we could be if we could find such men (and women!!) again.

Rant ends.

Thanks to teddy roosevelt and woodrow wilson this virus is now rampant and spread throughout all facets of both parties.

We just chucked the status quo into boston harbor on tuesday and are not stopping till the message is sent and listened too.

get rid a shit like you

Namvet, you're a cool guy and I get where you are coming from. But.... I also think VaYank (and he and I have had some knock down square up arguments) has a valid point. It would be great if you two could put the partisan arguments to the side for one thread and see if we can find some common ground that the intelligent posters here can agree on. VaYank is one of those smart posters.... so are you. I think you two could find common ground if you both looked hard for it. For one, you both agree with me - some extent - that the system is broke and we need to fix it. Now, if we can agree on that, maybe we can agree how to fix it.

Define "too many". Those who would use that lame ass excuse need to just step the hell up and join the cause and become the "new and improved face" of the movement. Let go of the stereotypes of Tea Partiers, because it is composed of people from all stripes.

Rant ends.

Thanks to teddy roosevelt and woodrow wilson this virus is now rampant and spread throughout all facets of both parties.

We just chucked the status quo into boston harbor on tuesday and are not stopping till the message is sent and listened too.

No ONE person is going to fix this. While I don't define myself as a 'TEA Partier' as such, I agree very much with a lot of their message. The problem with the movement is that there is no coherent voice within it. In order to attract more people to the core message, it needs to be explained and clarified so that other people understand what it is really about.

One only needs to look at any Defense spending bill to know that corruption and the ability to spend tax money is not the sole property of one party or the other. If someone really wanted to change things in Washington then the way to do that is not to cover your eye's and vote for the TEAM, bur rather vote for the person who is going to actually represent the needs of the people that vote for them.

Navy...good point. However, by "bringing home the bacon" so to say, is how many of our elected officials DO represent the people that vote for them. Pet projects add local jobs and money to their consituents back home and I get this. However, if we would just be able to give the President line item veto power, this could be better managed. Pet projects are bad, regardless of who benefits, IMHO.

Yep. I agree. Real change comes from letting go of 'party' affiliations and voting in the best interests of the country and the people.

For example, I am pro life. However, I don't see how my personal belief should be allowed to rule over the beliefs and rights of another person.

We need to accept that our own rights don't outweigh the rights of others.

In your opinion they do but the VAST MAJORITY of tea party people are not represented by the defintion you repeatedly try to put us in. You define us wrong and I know there is no way I can convince you otherwise as you have blind faith in that opinion. The simple defintion of the tea party is anti-progresive.

As far as your question on how to accomplish that goal...its simple and linkable ;)

The Kick Them All Out Project - Imposing our undeniable will on the government through the power of our votes!

Last edited:

Define "too many". Those who would use that lame ass excuse need to just step the hell up and join the cause and become the "new and improved face" of the movement. Let go of the stereotypes of Tea Partiers, because it is composed of people from all stripes.

I watched the news coverage of the Tea Party in Washington. "Too many" for me, meant MORE THAN ONE asshole holding up signs saying "Bury Obamacare with Kennedy", or MORE THAN ONE asshole holding up signs saying "Where is Obama's Birth Certificate"?

Last edited:

Rant ends.

No ONE person is going to fix this. While I don't define myself as a 'TEA Partier' as such, I agree very much with a lot of their message. The problem with the movement is that there is no coherent voice within it. In order to attract more people to the core message, it needs to be explained and clarified so that other people understand what it is really about.

The tea parties very nature makes it next to impossible to have a coherent voice. Its is a wide array of citizens some liberal and some conservative and some who dont identify as either but just as americans. The one thing that the tea party people all agree on is that progressives in the government are dangerous to the country.

Personally I dont want the tea parties to get a coherent message and I dont want them to become some political party or something, that would turn them into hypocrites in my opinion.

I watched the new coverage of the Tea Party in Washington. "Too many" for me, meant MORE THAN ONE asshole holding up signs saying "Bury Obamacare with Kennedy", or MORE THAN ONE asshole holding up signs saying "Where is Obama's Birth Certificate"?

Then you appear to have tunnel vision and will most likely not find any group to meet your expectations. In a movement with that many numbers, it is unreasonable not to expect a few loons to crash the party. That doesn't mean the rest should pack it up and go home.

The countrys DEFENSE is the number 1 duty of the government....

Forum List

Back