The Vatican's Position On Gay Marriage: Hispanic Vote Counters Take Note

Holy Mother Church has no vote, but it does, indeed, influence Roman Catholics, around the world...

Including those millions upon millions of Hispanics whose Machismo cultural heritage is highly receptive to such messages in support of Righteousness over Wickedness...

Yes, Hispanics are going to totally vote for republicans who have called them criminals and terrorists because they don't like the gays...

You're delusional, as usual.

Two months, no one on the GOP side will still be talking about this issue.

Then I guess the Vatican is alseep at the wheel. They might want to crack open the Bible every now and then. Runs in my mind somewhere that they are the mouthpiece of the religion. As far as I'm concerned, that silence is on par with them approving silently of catholics getting abortions.

Their silence so far might have been bought by the blackmail in 2013/2014 and the first Pope unthroned by force in 700 years. All those hard nosed Italians are afraid of a little scandal? Seems a venial sin admitted is far preferable to a mortal sin propagated by silence..

The problem with the Catholic Church, for those of us who grew up Catholic back in the day, is that all there clergy are gay. The priests were all fags and the nuns were all dykes. We all knew this growing up.

The worst effect of the gay rights movement was that Catholic Parents couldn't shuffle little Timmy off to a seminary when he started singing show tunes at 16.

Yes, Hispanics are going to totally vote for republicans who have called them criminals and terrorists because they don't like the gays...

Adoption agencies will be talking about the issue...Christians who refuse to serve gay weddings will be talking about this issue..

I agree though, the GOP has an EXCELLENT open window to court hispanics back. Right now the iron is very hot for that. If they can keep their mouths shut about punishing hispanic immigrants, birth control and shutting down affordable healthcare, they've got this one in the bag. But the extremes on both sides of the spectrum always fuck up their own chances when a golden goose like this one was just placed in the GOP's lap, compliments of 5 idiots in black robes in DC.

Voting for the GOP isn't going to change gay marriage, there's nothing they can do, and the GOP hates ******* and wetbacks, that hasn't changed.
Actually, a 2/3rds majority of the GOP in Congress could impeach Justices Kagan and Ginsburg for violating the 2009 Massey Coal Ruling.

Or the GOP could impeach them just for being liberal.

That would have just as much of a Constitutional basis.

Which means- there is nothing in the Constitution to support the impeachment in either case, but yes- the House could try to impeach the justices, which would be seen as nothing more than the attempt at political retribution for a courts decision that it is.

But like all of Silhouette's loony predictions- it will never happen.

And as far as the Latino vote?

I am not Latino so I don't claim to speak for their community- but from what I have seen in politics- the number one issue for the Latino community is immigration reform.

And Republicans have screwed that up royally.

In Catholic belief, "marriage is a faithful, exclusive and lifelong union between one man and one woman, joined as husband and wife in an intimate partnership of life and love," the 47-bishop committee said in a statement released Sept. 10.

"What are called 'homosexual unions,' because they do not express full human complementarity and because they are inherently nonprocreative, cannot be given the status of marriage," the committee said.

It warned that "the importance of marriage for children and for society" is under attack in U.S. courts and legislatures and in popular culture and entertainment media, which "often undermine or ignore the essential role of marriage and promote equivalence between marriage and homosexual relationships."

The Administrative Committee -- composed of the USCCB's executive officers, elected committee chairmen and elected regional representatives -- is the highest policy and decision-making body of the bishops apart from the entire body when it meets twice a year in general assembly...

..it committed the bishops to promoting the "essential role of marriage ... in our teaching and preaching, but also in our public policy advocacy at the state and national levels and in the important dialogue about how best to protect marriage and the common good in the U.S. Constitution and in our society as a whole." The Catholic Church Homosexuality and Gay Marriage

Hispanic Catholics today..The number of Hispanics in the United States grew from 1.9 million in 1940, to 14.6 million in 1990, to 50.5 million in 2010, according to US Census Bureau data. Of these, 31.8 million are Mexican-American, 4.6 million are Puerto Rican, 1.8 million are Cuban-American, and 1.6 million are Salvadoran-American. Hispanics today do not uniformly assent to “popery”: 68 percent of US Hispanics are Catholic, according to a 2007 report by the Pew Research Center, while 15 percent are Evangelical Protestants and 8 percent profess no religion. The Coming Latino Catholic Majority Catholic World Report - Global Church news and views

The Vatican's Biblical Enforcement Policy isn't up for a vote or to stay current with the latest fads. Noting the part in bold, those wishing to entice hispanics to vote democratic should seriously consider dropping their rainbow arm bands.

Because unless the LGBT cult has plans to jail priests at Sunday and Saturday masses for reminding their flock of their essential duty to their faith and God, things could get really weird at the polls for dems in 2016.

Question: if someone offered to make a $25 bet with you on whether the majority of Hispanic vote will be Republican, would you take it on the side of that happening?

That depends. If the GOP shoots the momentum in the cradle and starts (continues) spouting about border fences etc. etc. then maybe not. But at this point all they have to do is shut their mouths and lean to the middle and 2016 for them is in the bag.

Ah since you have a perfect record of being absolutely wrong in your predictions- you give me more confidence than ever for the next election.

FA_Q2 They have just been rejogged back to life. This is going to cost votes. The Vatican is going to weigh in on this because they want to harvest the momentum of disgust. Friday's Ruling was the silent thunder of millions of purple feet shifting to the right..

This Vatican is not going to say a thing.

The Vatican didn't weigh in when Canada legalized same gender marriage, or when the Netherlands did.

Or even when majority Catholic Portugal legalized same gender marriage.

Adoption agencies will be talking about the issue...Christians who refuse to serve gay weddings will be talking about this issue..

A few adoption agencies will. A few Christians will refuse to serve gay weddings.

Mostly though, the news will be about happy gay couples joyously enjoying the legal right to marry.

The right that the majority of Americans support.

Gay marriage is legal is some parts of Mexico...

Define "legal" in Mexico..lol..

..lol..

With Little Fanfare, Mexican Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage
In ruling after ruling, the court has said that state laws restricting marriage to heterosexuals are discriminatory.

Their silence so far might have been bought by the blackmail in 2013/2014 and the first Pope unthroned by force in 700 years. .

I was wondering when you would bring up your own very specific Pope fantasy.

That has no basis in reality.

A few adoption agencies will. A few Christians will refuse to serve gay weddings.
Mostly though, the news will be about happy gay couples joyously enjoying the legal right to marry...The right that the majority of Americans support

And the lawsuits? How will the courts resolve those at the lower level? The mid level? The Highest Level?

And as for "the majority of people will celebrate this"...I was at a public event the day after the Ruling last Friday. I live in a pretty liberal area too. For every one giddy "yea! we won!!" face I saw, I saw 100 more that looked like their dog just died or they got sucker kicked in the gut. I must say even I was surprised. I know my area and it's full of bleeding hearts. Yet something about that decision shocked all but the most devoted to the LGBT cult values back into reality. It was like a bunch of drunks at a party just had the fire department show up and spray them all down with cold water. Only a couple on the fringes that the water couldn't touch were still partying down and giddy.

Just another real life observation that flies in the face of your smoke and mirrors campaign "fake it till we make it". A bunch of people you thought were in your camp just got woken up from their haze.

Mostly though, the news will be about happy gay couples joyously enjoying the legal right to marry...The right that the majority of Americans support

And the lawsuits? How will the courts resolve those at the lower level? .

Like courts resolve all lawsuits.

Thats what courts do.

Thats what courts do.

You were all about reminding readers here who was "absolutely going to win" last weeks Ruling. So now I'm asking for that same prophecy on "Cult of LGBT vs Christians" soon to be on appeal when either one loses at lower levels. Well Esmerelda? What does your crystal ball say on that one?

Thats what courts do.

You were all about reminding readers here who was "absolutely going to win" last weeks Ruling.

Actually last week I was fairly sure that the people would win the right to marry- but I never said absolutely- because unlike your bizarre predictions- I knew that the court can be unpredictable.

And as I said before- courts will resolve lawsuits like courts always do. Depends on the case.

Actually last week I was fairly sure that the people would win the right to marry- but I never said absolutely- because unlike your bizarre predictions- I knew that the court can be unpredictable.

And as I said before- courts will resolve lawsuits like courts always do. Depends on the case.
So you're afraid to say who will prevail on your cult of LGBT vs Christianity. OK, at least you concede that Hobby Lobby exists. Wise choice to hang back and not count your chickens before they hatch. ;)

On the questions of whether or not they have to serve gay folks, not on whether marriage is going to happen. that's a done deal.

I agree though, the GOP has an EXCELLENT open window to court hispanics back. Right now the iron is very hot for that. If they can keep their mouths shut about punishing hispanic immigrants, birth control and shutting down affordable healthcare, they've got this one in the bag. But the extremes on both sides of the spectrum always fuck up their own chances when a golden goose like this one was just placed in the GOP's lap, compliments of 5 idiots in black robes in DC.

Guy, Bush screamed the anti-gay bullshit from the RAFTERS in 2004, and the majority of Hispanics STILL voted for Kerry, even though Bush was pretty reasonable about Immigration.

If he couldn't pull it off in 2004, no one is going to pull it off in 2016 when the 1) Attitudes on this issue have shifted dramatically and 2) The GOP spent the last 8 years shitting the bed with Hispanics.

In Catholic belief, "marriage is a faithful, exclusive and lifelong union between one man and one woman, joined as husband and wife in an intimate partnership of life and love," the 47-bishop committee said in a statement released Sept. 10.

"What are called 'homosexual unions,' because they do not express full human complementarity and because they are inherently nonprocreative, cannot be given the status of marriage," the committee said.

It warned that "the importance of marriage for children and for society" is under attack in U.S. courts and legislatures and in popular culture and entertainment media, which "often undermine or ignore the essential role of marriage and promote equivalence between marriage and homosexual relationships."

The Administrative Committee -- composed of the USCCB's executive officers, elected committee chairmen and elected regional representatives -- is the highest policy and decision-making body of the bishops apart from the entire body when it meets twice a year in general assembly...

..it committed the bishops to promoting the "essential role of marriage ... in our teaching and preaching, but also in our public policy advocacy at the state and national levels and in the important dialogue about how best to protect marriage and the common good in the U.S. Constitution and in our society as a whole." The Catholic Church Homosexuality and Gay Marriage

Hispanic Catholics today..The number of Hispanics in the United States grew from 1.9 million in 1940, to 14.6 million in 1990, to 50.5 million in 2010, according to US Census Bureau data. Of these, 31.8 million are Mexican-American, 4.6 million are Puerto Rican, 1.8 million are Cuban-American, and 1.6 million are Salvadoran-American. Hispanics today do not uniformly assent to “popery”: 68 percent of US Hispanics are Catholic, according to a 2007 report by the Pew Research Center, while 15 percent are Evangelical Protestants and 8 percent profess no religion. The Coming Latino Catholic Majority Catholic World Report - Global Church news and views

The Vatican's Biblical Enforcement Policy isn't up for a vote or to stay current with the latest fads. Noting the part in bold, those wishing to entice hispanics to vote democratic should seriously consider dropping their rainbow arm bands.

Because unless the LGBT cult has plans to jail priests at Sunday and Saturday masses for reminding their flock of their essential duty to their faith and God, things could get really weird at the polls for dems in 2016.

So, the Catholic Church won't perform Gay ceremonies.

But guess what, they won't marry Jews or Mormons or divorced persons.

...Voting for the GOP isn't going to change gay marriage, there's nothing they can do, and the GOP hates ******* and wetbacks, that hasn't changed.
There are several legal and political attack-vectors to wipe away the homosexual-marriage stain upon American honor...

LOL...'stain upon American honor'.......

Talk about butt hurt.....
Nope.

Stain upon American honor.

The observation stands.

Forum List

Back