The value of slavery?

The value of lost wages to a dead person is $0 USD
Completely untrue. Wages owed at the time of death are still owed to the decedant's estate or benficiary.
And am asking about wages owed at the time of death of someone held as a slave in the US at the time of his/her death, plus interest. Part of the question addresses how much interest.

If a descendant of a slave wants to recover lost wages he should track down the descendants of the slave owner and sue for the back pay with interest. I never owned a slave, I am against slavery and I am not going to pay the price for the sins of others.

No he should take the case to the government and sue for reparations.

Sure why not. Good luck, lol.
Morons with no clue. Leaches in society.

I'm not confused...
Read your post.
Read my post.
Read your post.
You didn't even read what you posted.
Read it like an attorney would read it and you'll see it blows your first post into the dust bin.
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that perhaps you hadn't read the entire thread but if you have then I revert back to my original comment regarding your apparent confusion.

Why do you think reparations and wages owed are the same thing, aside from all of the state and federal regulations of workers rights? Wages are earned by working or "laboring" and reparations are payments from a government for a wrong or injustice done to the recipient. They are not the same thing however centuries of wage theft due to discriminatory and racist governmental policies can be the basis for a reparation claim.

I'm not confused...
Read your post.
Read my post.
Read your post.
Read it like an attorney would read it and you'll see it blows your first post into the dust bin.
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that perhaps you hadn't read the entire thread but if you have then I revert back to my original comment regarding your apparent confusion.

Why do you think reparations and wages owed are the same thing, aside from all of the state and federal regulations of workers rights? Wages are earned by working or "laboring" and reparations are payments from a government for a wrong or injustice done to the recipient. They are not the same thing however centuries of wage theft due to discriminatory and racist governmental policies can be the basis for a reparation claim.
It's obvious Liberals never read what they post and then attempt to divert to how stupid the opposing stance is.
Thankfully the post is there for all to read.

I'm not confused...
Read your post.
Read my post.
Read your post.

Quit being a victim. No reparations are due from this country. Period. If you want extortion go to the African countries that sold the people for a couple bucks in the first place. Other than that shut up, man up and contribute to society like every other race.

I'm not confused...
Read your post.
Read my post.
Read your post.

It's obvious Liberals never read what they post and then attempt to divert to how stupid the opposing stance is.
Liberals read?

I have a cousin who was born in 1888 and passed away in 1987. The adults in her life, including her own parents were born into a time when black people were still being held as slaves. I met her before she passed away so even though I've never met anyone who was actually a slave, I have met with individuals who had family members who were held in slavery therefore for me this does not seem like "ancient" history.

My cousin along with one of her daughters wrote a book entitled "Lemon Swamp and Other Places". The following was written about the author (Mamie Garvin Fields) and the photograph following the text is the plantation from which my famility descended which is mentioned in the book.
Your cousin may have a genuine complaint her parents definitely had one but they are all dead...anyone alive today does not qualify for reparations from slavery in my opinion...
Where would it stop? every man and women alive can search for and find reasons for reparations of one grievance...misdeed or another...
We would all be better served to look forward not behind....

I'm not confused...
Read your post.
Read my post.
Read your post.

Liberals read?
Headlines...

I'm not confused...
Read your post.
Read my post.
Read your post.

Liberals read?
Headlines...
They may read them but they don’t comprehend them. A liberal is simply one educated beyond their capacity

And that’s just the 20th century. If you go beyond that—to include all stolen income from the revolution to secession—the balance falls deep into the red. In 1860, translated to today’s terms, slaves represented a staggering $10 trillion in wealth, an incredible sum. If you include compound interest—to represent the compounding plunder of the next century—you are left with an implausibly large amount of money.

Adjusting for inflation and then compounding interest?

Holy double-counting Batman!!!

Considering he was counting what happened after slavery and did leave out the years from 1641 unril1776 when blacks were slaves you really have nothing to say.

Considering he was counting what happened after slavery

Adjust for inflation or use compound interest, don't do both, idiot.

Well he did it. If you have a problem with it, you have his name. Man up, go to him and bitch.

Jews came here after WWII, poor as dirt.
No excuse.
The Jewish people for the most part are not of "African descent". In other words, they're not black therefore they are not a part of the designated class whose rights were legislated away.
Tell that to Hitler and Stalin.
Jews value education above welfare.

Jews are not a race. You do understand that the case that ended segregation was fought by blacks over education don't you? When will whites like you stop lying to yourself?

And that’s just the 20th century. If you go beyond that—to include all stolen income from the revolution to secession—the balance falls deep into the red. In 1860, translated to today’s terms, slaves represented a staggering $10 trillion in wealth, an incredible sum. If you include compound interest—to represent the compounding plunder of the next century—you are left with an implausibly large amount of money.

Considering he was counting what happened after slavery and did leave out the years from 1641 unril1776 when blacks were slaves you really have nothing to say.

Well he did it. If you have a problem with it, you have his name. Man up, go to him and bitch.

Why would I have a problem with his terrible math?
He's never going to see a dollar of reparations either.

Why would I have a problem with his terrible math?
He's never going to see a dollar of reparations either.

His math is fine. And like I said, you can talk all your white boy bolo bullshit about what you're not going to pay, but the day will come that you will pay. No you won't pay reparations but when that payment is due, you will wish you had. Pray that you are not alive when that day comes.

Forum List

Back