The value of slavery?

I oppose reparations, for many reasons, but among them is that I strongly disagree with group punishment or punishing people for the actions of their ancestors. It is like punishing the children of illegal immigrants for the actions of their parents.
But it would be the US government paying the reparations.
Nope

Actually if the case was presented and the decision was made that the government is paying yes it would.

He is disconnected, dave p...
He’s something. Not sure if it’s animal vegetable or mineral. But whatever it is, it isn’t smart!

The chickenshit that has me on ignore because he's too scared to debate says what?
Debating you is so simple. You are so easy to combate because your ideals are simplistic and comprised of ignorance. Please bring it on jr. I could send in my 12 year old part time to debunk your racist, juvinile, ignorant misinformed narrrative. In the meantime my wife and I will be enjoying a very nice meal at I’ll Gabiano in Miami laughing at you petulant tirades.

No Dave. you can't fuck with me. I'm not the one misinformed.
I don’t want to fuck you. You aren’t my type. You are however highly misinformed, prejudice, racist and off the charts stupid.

Stupid. You are stupid. I'm none of the things you say.

He’s something. Not sure if it’s animal vegetable or mineral. But whatever it is, it isn’t smart!

The chickenshit that has me on ignore because he's too scared to debate says what?
Debating you is so simple. You are so easy to combate because your ideals are simplistic and comprised of ignorance. Please bring it on jr. I could send in my 12 year old part time to debunk your racist, juvinile, ignorant misinformed narrrative. In the meantime my wife and I will be enjoying a very nice meal at I’ll Gabiano in Miami laughing at you petulant tirades.

I don’t want to fuck you. You aren’t my type. You are however highly misinformed, prejudice, racist and off the charts stupid.

Stupid. You are stupid. I'm none of the things you say.
You are all the things I say and more. A stupid ignorant racist moron. Feel free to ad more .

Last edited by a moderator:
I oppose reparations, for many reasons, but among them is that I strongly disagree with group punishment or punishing people for the actions of their ancestors. It is like punishing the children of illegal immigrants for the actions of their parents.
But it would be the US government paying the reparations.
Which the government doesn’t have responsibility to do. Go after the ones that sold the slaves in the first place. It isn’t the government you myopic idiot. It’s the taxpayers of which supposedly you are one.

My feeling is reparations are made to survivors not descendents.
Why? The descendants of those who died as a result or died without having generational wealth also bear the costs. Descendants of those who perish due to criminal neglect or criminal activity are often awarded damages in our justice system.

Why? The descendants of those who died as a result or died without having generational wealth also bear the costs. Descendants of those who perish due to criminal neglect or criminal activity are often awarded damages in our justice system.
Because the further you move from the original the fuzzier it gets. For example...

Who gets reparations?
All blacks?
Just those who can show they descended from slaves?
Those who immigrated here post slavery?
What is black? Anyone with a dna test showing they have a black ancestor somewhere? 50%....100%....
What is white?
What about whites who had no part in the slave trade or immigrated post slavery, should they pay?
How about whites who lost their lives running the Underground Railroad or working for voting rights for blacks...should they get recompense or are they part of the group that pays?

Because the further you move from the original the fuzzier it gets.
True. Not easy to draw the line, is it? Does a person really change into an adult on their 18th birthday? When is a fetus a human?

Drawing these lines is hard, but sometimes we have to do so.

Because the further you move from the original the fuzzier it gets.
True. Not easy to draw the line, is it? Does a person really change into an adult on their 18th birthday? When is a fetus a human?

Drawing these lines is hard, but sometimes we have to do so.
In this case where would you draw the lines and how would you insure they are fair and just?

Because the further you move from the original the fuzzier it gets. For example...

Who gets reparations?
All blacks?
Just those who can show they descended from slaves?
Those who immigrated here post slavery?
What is black? Anyone with a dna test showing they have a black ancestor somewhere? 50%....100%....
What is white?
What about whites who had no part in the slave trade or immigrated post slavery, should they pay?
How about whites who lost their lives running the Underground Railroad or working for voting rights for blacks...should they get recompense or are they part of the group that pays?
What about the ones in African countries that sold said slaves into slavery?

You Convieniently ignore the fact that it was black people in African countries that originally profited from the slave trade.
I didn't ignore this. I just understand that it is irrelevant in the scope of reparations, given that we only have control of our own government. So it adds nothing, in this context.

Stupid. You are stupid.

Then you’ve got something in common.

You Convieniently ignore the fact that it was black people in African countries that originally profited from the slave trade.
I didn't ignore this. I just understand that it is irrelevant in the scope of reparations, given that we only have control of our own government. So it adds nothing, in this context.
How is it irrelevant? It has everything to do in the context of who created harm and is responsible. Please inform us all how it is irrelevant.

Forum List

Back