The value of slavery?

The value of lost wages to a dead person is $0 USD
Completely untrue. Wages owed at the time of death are still owed to the decedant's estate or benficiary.
And am asking about wages owed at the time of death of someone held as a slave in the US at the time of his/her death, plus interest. Part of the question addresses how much interest.

If a descendant of a slave wants to recover lost wages he should track down the descendants of the slave owner and sue for the back pay with interest. I never owned a slave, I am against slavery and I am not going to pay the price for the sins of others.

No he should take the case to the government and sue for reparations.
Stop begging.

Whites have begged now for 242 years.

Slavery Reparations Could Cost Up to $14 Trillion, According to New Calculation
By Douglas Main

n 1865, toward the end of the Civil War, Union Army General William Tecumseh Sherman promised slaves that they’d receive 40 acres and a mule. Land was even set aside, but the promise was recanted by President Andrew Johnson. Ever since, the issue of reparations has come up many times, often fiercely debated. Although most Americans generally don’t support reparations, according to University of Connecticut researcher Thomas Craemer, it matters greatly how the question is worded, who would get reparations and in what form. For example, the idea of reparations paid in educational benefits are more popular than others, Craemer says.

On the other hand, one of the cases often made against reparations is that it'd be impractically difficult to calculate how to fairly take and give so many years after the fact. But in a new paper, published in the journal Social Science Quarterly, Craemer makes the case that there are other examples of historical reparations paid many decades later after “damages” were incurred. He also has come up with what he says is the most economically sound estimate to date of what reparations could cost: between $5.9 trillion and $14.2 trillion.

Craemer came up with those figures by tabulating how many hours all slaves—men, women and children—worked in the United States from when the country was officially established in 1776 until 1865, when slavery was officially abolished. He multiplied the amount of time they worked by average wage prices at the time, and then a compounding interest rate of 3 percent per year (more than making up for inflation). There is a range because the amount of time worked isn’t a hard figure.

Previous estimates of reparations have ranged from around $36 billion to $10 trillion (in 2009 dollars), Craemer says. Those calculations mostly looked at wealth created by slaves as opposed to services provided, resulting in underestimates. Craemer believes that “the economic assumptions underlying [his method] are more sound” than those used in previous papers.

And he's being nice about it since blacks were slaves from at least 1641 in the Amrcan colony.
Doesn't mean they are deserved. They are not.

Completely untrue. Wages owed at the time of death are still owed to the decedant's estate or benficiary.
And am asking about wages owed at the time of death of someone held as a slave in the US at the time of his/her death, plus interest. Part of the question addresses how much interest.

If a descendant of a slave wants to recover lost wages he should track down the descendants of the slave owner and sue for the back pay with interest. I never owned a slave, I am against slavery and I am not going to pay the price for the sins of others.

Stop begging.

Begged for what?

The absolute worst thing about slavery is that it brought malignant pieces of shit like you to our shores.

If I had my way your genetic garbage would have been cannibalized 400 years ago by whatever tribe sold them to the arab traders instead.

Fertilizer will be your greatest accomplishment.

Your post shows why I have accomplished way more than you ever will in life.

The absolute worst thing about slavery is that it brought malignant pieces of shit like you to our shores.

If I had my way your genetic garbage would have been cannibalized 400 years ago by whatever tribe sold them to the arab traders instead.

Fertilizer
will be your greatest accomplishment.

That is "the absolute worst thing about slavery"? :cuckoo:

By Douglas Main

n 1865, toward the end of the Civil War, Union Army General William Tecumseh Sherman promised slaves that they’d receive 40 acres and a mule. Land was even set aside, but the promise was recanted by President Andrew Johnson. Ever since, the issue of reparations has come up many times, often fiercely debated. Although most Americans generally don’t support reparations, according to University of Connecticut researcher Thomas Craemer, it matters greatly how the question is worded, who would get reparations and in what form. For example, the idea of reparations paid in educational benefits are more popular than others, Craemer says.

On the other hand, one of the cases often made against reparations is that it'd be impractically difficult to calculate how to fairly take and give so many years after the fact. But in a new paper, published in the journal Social Science Quarterly, Craemer makes the case that there are other examples of historical reparations paid many decades later after “damages” were incurred. He also has come up with what he says is the most economically sound estimate to date of what reparations could cost: between $5.9 trillion and $14.2 trillion.

Craemer came up with those figures by tabulating how many hours all slaves—men, women and children—worked in the United States from when the country was officially established in 1776 until 1865, when slavery was officially abolished. He multiplied the amount of time they worked by average wage prices at the time, and then a compounding interest rate of 3 percent per year (more than making up for inflation). There is a range because the amount of time worked isn’t a hard figure.

Previous estimates of reparations have ranged from around $36 billion to $10 trillion (in 2009 dollars), Craemer says. Those calculations mostly looked at wealth created by slaves as opposed to services provided, resulting in underestimates. Craemer believes that “the economic assumptions underlying [his method] are more sound” than those used in previous papers.

And he's being nice about it since blacks were slaves from at least 1641 in the Amrcan colony.

Actually it does mean they are deserved.

Stop begging.

Begged for what?

Everything you have today.

By Douglas Main

Actually it does mean they are deserved.
It actually means he ran numbers and came up with a calculation. It doesn't mean that they indeed should be paid, will be paid or that they are deserved. They are not deserved.

Stop begging.

Begged for what?

I haven't begged for anything neither did my parents or their parents.

Stop begging.

Begged for what?

Wait, whites begged for everything they have? I thought they took it through force and subjugation. There's a disconnect in your argument here. :p

Stop begging.

Begged for what?

Wait, whites begged for everything they have? I thought they took it through force and subjugation. There's a disconnect in your argument here. :p
All of his arguments are disconnected.

And that’s just the 20th century. If you go beyond that—to include all stolen income from the revolution to secession—the balance falls deep into the red. In 1860, translated to today’s terms, slaves represented a staggering $10 trillion in wealth, an incredible sum. If you include compound interest—to represent the compounding plunder of the next century—you are left with an implausibly large amount of money.

Adjusting for inflation and then compounding interest?

Holy double-counting Batman!!!

Stop begging.

Begged for what?

All of his arguments are disconnected.

You can do both montrovant, there is no disconnect.

Example: whites begged the courts because they feared blacks would take jobs from them after they were freed from slavery so we get the so called civil rights cases of the 1880's and Plessy. At the same time various white racist groups killed, beat, rioted burned down communities and intimidated blacks. The laws passed excluded blacks and gave whites things non whites could not get. I know this is a difficult concept for you to understand therefore you chose to not believe and question. Instead of that, go study.

Andrew Johnson, the FIRST democrat to lie to you. Started the poll tax and Jim Crowe.
You can collect from the DNC as I don't owe you a dime.

The lie is bi partisan.

“The lily-white movement was an all-white faction of the Republican Party in the Southern United States in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It battled and usually defeated the biracial element called the Black-and-tan faction.

During Reconstruction, following the U.S. Civil War, black leaders in Texas and around the country gained increasing influence in the Republican Party by organizing blacks as an important voting bloc. Conservative whites attempted to eliminate this influence and recover white voters who had defected to the Democratic Party. The effort was largely successful in eliminating African-American influence in the Republican Party leading to black voters predominantly migrating to the Democratic Party for much of the 20th century.

The term lily-white movement was coined by Texas Republican leader Norris Wright Cuney, who used the term in an 1888 Republican convention to describe efforts by white conservatives to oust blacks from positions of Texas party leadership and incite riots to divide the party.[1] The term came to be used nationally to describe this ongoing movement as it further developed in the early 20th century,[2] including through the administration of Herbert Hoover. Localized movements began immediately after the war but by the beginning of the 20th century the effort had become national.”

“This movement is largely credited with driving blacks out of the Republican party during the early 20th century, setting the stage for their eventual support of the Democrats.”

Michael K. Fauntroy - Republicans and the Black vote

And that’s just the 20th century. If you go beyond that—to include all stolen income from the revolution to secession—the balance falls deep into the red. In 1860, translated to today’s terms, slaves represented a staggering $10 trillion in wealth, an incredible sum. If you include compound interest—to represent the compounding plunder of the next century—you are left with an implausibly large amount of money.

Considering he was counting what happened after slavery and did leave out the years from 1641 unril1776 when blacks were slaves you really have nothing to say.

Andrew Johnson, the FIRST democrat to lie to you. Started the poll tax and Jim Crowe.
You can collect from the DNC as I don't owe you a dime.

The lie is bi partisan.

“The lily-white movement was an all-white faction of the Republican Party in the Southern United States in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It battled and usually defeated the biracial element called the Black-and-tan faction.

During Reconstruction, following the U.S. Civil War, black leaders in Texas and around the country gained increasing influence in the Republican Party by organizing blacks as an important voting bloc. Conservative whites attempted to eliminate this influence and recover white voters who had defected to the Democratic Party. The effort was largely successful in eliminating African-American influence in the Republican Party leading to black voters predominantly migrating to the Democratic Party for much of the 20th century.

The term lily-white movement was coined by Texas Republican leader Norris Wright Cuney, who used the term in an 1888 Republican convention to describe efforts by white conservatives to oust blacks from positions of Texas party leadership and incite riots to divide the party.[1] The term came to be used nationally to describe this ongoing movement as it further developed in the early 20th century,[2] including through the administration of Herbert Hoover. Localized movements began immediately after the war but by the beginning of the 20th century the effort had become national.”

“This movement is largely credited with driving blacks out of the Republican party during the early 20th century, setting the stage for their eventual support of the Democrats.”

Michael K. Fauntroy - Republicans and the Black vote
Andrew Johnson HAD your mule and your 40 and TOOK it away. if YOU hurry you MIGHT still be able to get YOUR Mule! He sold YOUR 40, and shit like that happens in the DNC Mule party.

Considering he was counting what happened after slavery and did leave out the years from 1641 unril1776 when blacks were slaves you really have nothing to say.
They were IMMIGRANTs on 17th century welfare.

Go to the countries in Africa that sold the slaves in the first place. If you are so intent on someone paying ( I don't believe anyone should ) , they are the most responsible. The U.S. shouldn't give a dime

Forum List

Back