The Value of Free Speech

You do not have a 1st Amendment right to punish people for what they say. They do, however, have a 2nd Amendment right to defend themselves if you try to punish them.

Uh yes I do. I can organize a boycott and no one can do shit about it. How do you think the Civil Rights gains were made? People were punished for having stupid racist opinions. You guys are clowns. That is all. :lol:

Boycotts are not punishment, despite your stupidity.

Are you really that stupid Quantum Windbag? :lol:

Definition of Boycott:
withdraw from commercial or social relations with (a country, organization, or person) as a punishment or protest.

So it appears we have a hypocrite that not only agrees with me but agrees strongly enough to express the same sentiment in his very signature in Temple of Doom. We also have a person that is not intelligent enough to realize that a boycott is a form of punishment in Quantum Windbag

Temples signature:
{Left Wing OP Destroyer} Say something stupid and I will not hesitate to neg you.
Could this possibly be a threat of punishment for exercising your 1rst amendment rights?

Quantums misunderstanding of the meaning of boycott:
I mean all he had to do was look the word up right?!

You cant prove any clearer than this that some people are stupid and others are raging hypocrites.

Politics is a dirty game. Everyone knows it. You can make one mis-step and ruin your whole career. If Lott was so intelligent don't you think he would have clarified his remarks to make it perfectly clear he didn't support the segregationist aspect? It would have only taken a few seconds. Could it be possible he knew exactly what he was doing and did support it? Of course this is assuming he is intelligent.

Lott said that if we had followed Thurmond's policies back then, we'd be a lot better off today. So, you are both wrong, one nailed in its anagram denial and the other denying the truth of what Lott said. No wonder you missed the 6th Grade grammar of Lott's forced apology, because stupid is as stupid speaks. Lott's praise of segregation may be one of the few intelligent things he's ever said, but he went back to stupid when he apologized for it.

Thats got to win the prize as either the most racist statement or the most ignorant. Maybe it qualifies for both. Blacks live in this country and in order to make it work then there has to be integration or someone is going to lose out. thats exactly the danger i was pointing out in not punishing stupid public officials speaking their backassward opinions.

I'll take the Racist Emmy because there is nothing wrong with racism. Integration is disintegration. By elevating feral races, the melting pot has had a meltdown.

Are you serious? KKK is guilty of killing a lot of my ancestors. I will always do my best to destroy that type of stupidity and hate.

There is nothing wrong with killing in self-defense. Otherwise, anybody can be proved guilty. Until you are willing to debate that, instead of assuming that the Southerners were committing cold-blooded murder, you are not addressing fact, but only a distortion of fact that makes a fact a crime without any proof of criminal intent.

Killing someone for having sex with a white girl is not self defense see Emmett Till.

Excusing that punk for boldly hitting on a respectable White girl, which not even a Southern White would have done at the time, led to rapes and other degeneracy. Change your race's rape statistics or quit whining about that wannabe pimp. People have a right to determine what kind of person they don't want in their community.

Uh yes I do. I can organize a boycott and no one can do shit about it. How do you think the Civil Rights gains were made? People were punished for having stupid racist opinions. You guys are clowns. That is all. :lol:

Definition of Boycott:
withdraw from commercial or social relations with (a country, organization, or person) as a punishment or protest.

It is a punishment when a government does it, for example, when the US boycotted South Africa, but you claim to oppose that, which means you are either lying, or stupid, or both.

Frankly, I am pretty sure its both.

So it appears we have a hypocrite that not only agrees with me but agrees strongly enough to express the same sentiment in his very signature in Temple of Doom. We also have a person that is not intelligent enough to realize that a boycott is a form of punishment in Quantum Windbag

Temples signature:
{Left Wing OP Destroyer} Say something stupid and I will not hesitate to neg you.
Could this possibly be a threat of punishment for exercising your 1rst amendment rights?

You cant prove any clearer than this that some people are stupid and others are raging hypocrites.

No one is as stupid, or hypocritical, as you.

When are you going to answer my question?

Definition of Boycott:

It is a punishment when a government does it, for example, when the US boycotted South Africa, but you claim to oppose that, which means you are either lying, or stupid, or both.

Quantum stop it right now. You are coming apart at the seams. :lol: The definition is clear. Boycotting is punishment no matter who does it. There is no shame in admitting you didn't know but there is ignorance in trying to deny it.

Stop trying to dodge the issue. If you can't quote where I opposed some US boycott of South Africa will you admit you are a liar?

Boycotting and protesting stupid racist remarks by public officials and business people is the right of the public protected under the 1rst amendment. If the person making the stupid racist remarks looses their livelihood I will be the loudest person clapping. You can call it the PC police all you want. That's what your handlers want you to believe.

Temples signature:

Right after you tell me who is the judge of what constitutes "real damage" and why you had to use a qualifier? Also right after you admit you were wrong about a boycott being a punishment.

Last edited:

Definition of Boycott:

Plus he didn't provide a source for his definition. I couldn't find one that used the term "punishment"--I posted the more common definitions I did find earlier today.

An organized boycott to protest unethical or dangerous practices is usually well intended and sometimes is effective.

An organized boycott to protest somebody's opinion is not ethical or honorable and is a dangerous thing. If it is conducted with the intention of punishing or destroying the person for no other reason than the person holds an opinion the boycotters don't share, it is evil.

A secondary boycott; i.e. trying to intimidate or coerce or threaten a person's customers, suppliers, or advertisers so that they won't do business with somebody violates federal fair trade laws and is also illegal in all 50 states. When it happens anyway, for no reason other than the boycotters don't like somebody's opinion, it is evil.

Definition of Boycott:

Quantum stop it right now. You are coming apart at the seams. :lol: The definition is clear. Boycotting is punishment no matter who does it. There is no shame in admitting you didn't know but there is ignorance in trying to deny it.

Stop trying to dodge the issue. If you can't quote where I opposed some US boycott of South Africa will you admit you are a liar?

Boycotting and protesting stupid racist remarks by public officials and business people is the right of the public protected under the 1rst amendment. If the person making the stupid racist remarks looses their livelihood I will be the loudest person clapping. You can call it the PC police all you want. That's what your handlers want you to believe.

Remember the Chik-Fil-A boycott a few months ago? They made more money the day of the boycott than usual, people lined up for hours to get a sandwich. If you think that is punishment could you punish me by sending me all your money?

Last edited:

Temples signature:

Right after you tell me who is the judge of what constitutes "real damage" and why you had to use a qualifier? Also right after you admit you were wrong about a boycott being a punishment.

Judge it yourself, I don't give a fuck. Just be prepared to provide evidence of the damage, not the fake damage that comes from the punishment of a boycott.

When was the last time the KKK did any real damage?

Temples signature:

What a child you are. A neg isn't punishment, it is me disagreeing with an opinion, nothing more. It is unlike you wanting to take action and openly punish or destroy someone for having one. The difference between me and you is that I ALLOW people to have an opinion, with the only consequence being my agreement or disagreement.

You like setting standards for others, Asclepias, but do you adhere to them?

Remember the Chik-Fil-A boycott a few months ago? They made more money the day of the boycott than usual, people lined up for hours to get a sandwich. If you think that is punishment could you punish me by sending me all your money?

Yes, because a counter demonstration was quickly thrown together to offset what was intended as a punishment for Chick-fil-a. And it produced record sales for Chick-fil-a across the country.

The demonstration, however, was for no other reason than the CEO of Chick-fil-a expressed an opinion that the demonstrators disagreed with. I don't care what the subject is, it is wrong to try to punish a person for no other reason than you disagree with them.

The U.S. boycott of South Africa was not for opinions they held, but for actions that were denying other people their unalienable rights. Unfortunately, for most South Africans, the boycott was successful and corrected some injustices, but also escalated numerous problems . It would be difficult to say that South Africans, on average, are better off now than they were then. But at least they had a choice to make their country what it is. Once Apartheid was dismantled, all sanctions and boycotts were lifted.

An organized boycott of the Nestle Corporation was not for opinions they held, but to demand that they cease and desist from unethical marketing practices that were having a devastating affect on some of Africa's poorest citizens. Once Nestle ceased that unconscionable practice, we all started buying Nestle products again.

There is a huge difference in legitimate protests to object to somebody who is hurting somebody else and in trying to financially harm somebody purely because you disagree with their opinion about something.

Definition of Boycott:

Plus he didn't provide a source for his definition. I couldn't find one that used the term "punishment"--I posted the more common definitions I did find earlier today.

An organized boycott to protest unethical or dangerous practices is usually well intended and sometimes is effective.

An organized boycott to protest somebody's opinion is not ethical or honorable and is a dangerous thing. If it is conducted with the intention of punishing or destroying the person for no other reason than the person holds an opinion the boycotters don't share, it is evil.

A secondary boycott; i.e. trying to intimidate or coerce or threaten a person's customers, suppliers, or advertisers so that they won't do business with somebody violates federal fair trade laws and is also illegal in all 50 states. When it happens anyway, for no reason other than the boycotters don't like somebody's opinion, it is evil.

Well I did. All you have to do is type the word boycott in your google webpage and its the frist thing to come up. Weird how that works huh? But for those that need proof here you go.

boycott: definition of boycott in Oxford dictionary - American English (US)

If a public official or business person is espousing a stupid, racist opinion (which is evil) then they deserve to be punished by having their livelihood destroyed as a consequence of being stupid enough to voice that opinion.

Judge it yourself, I don't give a fuck. Just be prepared to provide evidence of the damage, not the fake damage that comes from the punishment of a boycott.

When was the last time the KKK did any real damage?

Please answer the second part of my question and while you are at it please quote where I opposed a boycott of South Africa. Your lies need to be addressed first.

Well I did. All you have to do is type the word boycott in your google webpage and its the frist thing to come up. Weird how that works huh? But for those that need proof here you go.

boycott: definition of boycott in Oxford dictionary - American English (US)

If a public official or business person is espousing a stupid, racist opinion (which is evil) then they deserve to be punished by having their livelihood destroyed as a consequence of being stupid enough to voice that opinion.

Well your opinion holds water if you despise the U.S. Constitution, reject the concept of unalienable rights, and wish to do away with all the values of liberty that the First Amendment embodies.

Last edited:

Yes, because a counter demonstration was quickly thrown together to offset what was intended as a punishment for Chick-fil-a. And it produced record sales for Chick-fil-a across the country.

The demonstration, however, was for no other reason than the CEO of Chick-fil-a expressed an opinion that the demonstrators disagreed with. I don't care what the subject is, it is wrong to try to punish a person for no other reason than you disagree with them.

The U.S. boycott of South Africa was not for opinions they held, but for actions that were denying other people their unalienable rights. Unfortunately, for most South Africans, the boycott was successful and corrected some injustices, but also escalated numerous problems . It would be difficult to say that South Africans, on average, are better off now than they were then. But at least they had a choice to make their country what it is. Once Apartheid was dismantled, all sanctions and boycotts were lifted.

An organized boycott of the Nestle Corporation was not for opinions they held, but to demand that they cease and desist from unethical marketing practices that were having a devastating affect on some of Africa's poorest citizens. Once Nestle ceased that unconscionable practice, we all started buying Nestle products again.

There is a huge difference in legitimate protests to object to somebody who is hurting somebody else and in trying to financially harm somebody purely because you disagree with their opinion about something.

I think we just dont agree is all. Let me ask you this. If a person is voicing their opinion and a crowd acts on the opinion of that person and burns your house to the ground is it wrong to punish that person?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back