The United States of Inequality! Trying to make unequal things equal.

ThatDude30

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
There will never be "Equality" in America. How can 1 country that has citizens from different cultures, different religious beliefs, different races, different income, and different views be equal? It wont happen.
On my street there are 3-4 different races, 2-3 different cultures, 3-4 different religions, and different incomes.
The only way a country could be equal is that every has same income, drives same cars, wears the same clothes, have the same religion, and same views.

A country that has more freedom than others can not be equal.

America will never be a country that is equal.

equal opportunity, equal justice, equal as a citizen and the bill of rights for all...

not clones

There will never be "Equality" in America. How can 1 country that has citizens from different cultures, different religious beliefs, different races, different income, and different views be equal? It wont happen.
On my street there are 3-4 different races, 2-3 different cultures, 3-4 different religions, and different incomes.
The only way a country could be equal is that every has same income, drives same cars, wears the same clothes, have the same religion, and same views.

It isn’t about making people all the same or equal, never has been. It’s about equal and fair treatment and opportunity, not equal outcome.

The poor will always be with us. Decent people work to make that less so. Same deal. You work at it, always. Inequality is a condition, a reality, not an excuse for inaction.

But their will never be fair treatment or opportunity when there are so many different people with different beliefs and/or views.

But their will never be fair treatment or opportunity when there are so many different people with different beliefs and/or views.
So, one should stop trying to make the playing field level?

A banana republic isn't good even for the bananas.

The poor will always be with us. Decent people work to make that less so. Same deal. You work at it, always. Inequality is a condition, a reality, not an excuse for inaction.
Its a condition that will never have a solution

Its a condition that will never have a solution
It has many solutions all over the world. None is a utopia but many work much better than what we have.

Equal oportunity and equal right to but no guarantee of equal outcome
If outcome is not equal then no guarantee of redress

You define equality rather narrowly. Every citizen has equality in a court of law. Every citizen enjoys equality in a voting booth. Every citizen enjoys equality of opportunity, of movement, of property rights and of citizenship.

If you think equality means being extruded out of a mill like cookie dough so everything is beige and white and totally equal in every aesthetic metric, I ask; where on God's planet does that happen?

Your only responsibility as a citizen is to help assure civic equality is respected.

You define equality rather narrowly. Every citizen has equality in a court of law. Every citizen enjoys equality in a voting booth. Every citizen enjoys equality of opportunity, of movement, of property rights and of citizenship.

If you think equality means being extruded out of a mill like cookie dough so everything is beige and white and totally equal in every aesthetic metric, I ask; where on God's planet does that happen?

Your only responsibility as a citizen is to help assure civic equality is respected.
There is way more to equality in America than that.

New Topics

Forum List

Back