The truth of South Africa pt. 2

Your reply isn't worthy of my reply. You didn't even answer my question.

He won't

Land expropriation without compensation boils down to revenge, pure and simple.

And Zimbabwe went to hell not because of race, but because of culture. Corruption in Africa is legendary, and Zimbabwe is the poster child for it.

Let's see, whites invaded the country decided to call it Rhodesia, ruled by apartheid murdering thousands, stealing the land as they murdered. They made laws removing the Africans off that land and we have a white dude here today talking about revenge lie it's wrong for those Africans to take their land back..

Corruption? That's what apartheid was.

Stupidity.

This is the thinking that gets them hyperinflation for 3 decades.

Actually it was sanctions from white countries in revenge for whites getting kicked off those farms.

yeah, blame the sanctions...LOL

Always someone else's fault.

Too bad. Thats what happened. And you know that's what happened. The thing is, people like you want to do it again.

He won't

Land expropriation without compensation boils down to revenge, pure and simple.

And Zimbabwe went to hell not because of race, but because of culture. Corruption in Africa is legendary, and Zimbabwe is the poster child for it.

Let's see, whites invaded the country decided to call it Rhodesia, ruled by apartheid murdering thousands, stealing the land as they murdered. They made laws removing the Africans off that land and we have a white dude here today talking about revenge lie it's wrong for those Africans to take their land back..

Corruption? That's what apartheid was.

Stupidity.

This is the thinking that gets them hyperinflation for 3 decades.

Actually it was sanctions from white countries in revenge for whites getting kicked off those farms.

yeah, blame the sanctions...LOL

Always someone else's fault.

Too bad. Thats what happened. And you know that's what happened. The thing is, people like you want to do it again.

I would think turning the farms over to corrupt cronies and people with no idea how to farm above a subsistence level had a bigger part in it.

Has taking farms away from whites worked in any part of Africa?

Look at Zimbabwe.

Did the sanctions that hit them immediately when they kicked out white farmers by white nations help Zimbabwe?

Africa feeds Europe

And many nations exist in Africa with no white farmers.

Africans were eating quite well for centuries before the white farmer came.

Your reply isn't worthy of my reply. You didn't even answer my question.

Yes I did answer your question. Africans fed themselves very well for centuries before the first white man got there. Therefore farms did work before whites.

Exactly. This answer has NOTHING to do with what I asked.

Just because you say something, doesn't mean it answers the question.

"Does the Earth revolve around the sun?"

"The sun is hot."

"You didn't answer my question."

"Yes, I did, I said the sun is hot."

That's the level we're on right now.

It has everything to do with your question. You asked if taking farms from whites worked in any part of Africa. To that I said Africans fed themselves for centuries before whites disrupted life in the continent.

So then what that tells anyone with sense is, the fact whites farmers existed there is irrelevant to the eventual success of Africa farming. Those farms are not exclusively staffed by whites, Africans do work on those farms.

Which are two very different things.

Look at the percentages of people working in agriculture. It tells you a lot about how things are.

Employment in agriculture (% of total employment) (modeled ILO estimate) | Data

Zambia has 53% of people working in agriculture.
Zimbabwe 68%
Uganda 69%
Tanzania 67%
Swaziland 69%
South Africa 6%
Nigeria 37%
Namibia 20%
Mozambique 73%

Why are these figures so high?

The USA is 2%
The UK is 1%

This is about the average in western countries.

Agriculture has changed a lot in western countries, it's done by machinery.

In Africa because of the harshness of the land, it's a problem. People can't make that much money from it, so they can't then move out of agriculture and do something else. The country can't move forwards because of it.

Then when you kick white farmers off productive farms and the people taking over revert to practices they know, which aren't so productive, then there are problems.

Mugabe is asking back the white farmers he chased away

"In 2000 Robert Mugabe shocked the world when he made dramatic changes to land ownership laws in Zimbabwe which resulted in thousands of white Zimbabwean farmers being forced to give up their farms and many to leave the country."

"The country that was once dubbed “the breadbasket of the region” has suffered an estimated $12 billion in lost agriculture production since the land occupations took place and has had to rely on donor handouts and food imports from neighboring countries. At least 1.8 million tonnes of the staple grain, maize, is required annually to feed the nation."

"Zimbabwe’s transformation from exporter to importer of food is blamed by some analysts on the land reform program, which saw white commercial farmers lose farms to landless blacks who are said to lack the skills to farm or capital. Agriculture used to contribute some 40% of the country’s foreign currency earnings through exports."

I understand the desire to have black people working the farms from a policy which had white farmers owning 70% of the land.

The problem is you can't do it the way Mugabe did it.

The problem is the corruption in government meant that Mugabe wasn't thinking about the best way to do things. He just did what he wanted to do without bothering to find out how to do it.

Seems to be kind of typical in Africa.

Forum List

Back