Question

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
I have noticed that some blacks exercise a sort of poetic license on the English language. Now to a certain extent all localized peoples do. However, being in the car repair business for a long time, I have heard many a black person refer to the "Buick" line of cars as a "Brooick". Why is that?

Heroin...Hurrron
Ask...Axe...
Ambulance...Ambilance.

IDK...stupid maybe?

Yes...I am going with stupid...final answer.

I have noticed that some blacks exercise a sort of poetic license on the English language. Now to a certain extent all localized peoples do. However, being in the car repair business for a long time, I have heard many a black person refer to the "Buick" line of cars as a "Brooick". Why is that?
Because they're all on "heron", which is as close as they can get to pronouncing "heroin".

• Banned
Because they're all on "heron", which is as close as they can get to pronouncing "heroin".
Funny, that reminds me of back in the day. I knew this guy that sold weed and he said he had just gotten a new batch of Sensimilla in. If you don't know what the word means, it's Spanish for "seedless". He said all his black customers were going nuts over it calling it "sixty million".

Do I have to 'splain everything to you crackers?

• Banned
Seriously, I was just trying to see if anyone really knew. I few of my buddies back in the day were black and they all said Bruick and at the time they were not high or drunk.

All new languages started off as slang and became more formalized with their own rules until they evolved into a new language altogether.

How did you get French, Portuguese, Spanish and Italian from Latin?

When you really get into this English really is a Germanic derived language. English words are used with a German syntax structure (SVO). Blacks use this syntax structure, but the phonological structures are different. It's why "truth" will become "truf." and "this" becomes "dis" The West African language does not have consonant clusters like "th" so it gets dropped. This is a language difference.

There are so many forms of English spoken around the world so what makes Ebonics any different? Is it because it is spoken by black people ? Do you cringe about Paula Deen's ya'lls, nuh-ya heres ? Or shows like "Duck Dynasty" and "Honey Boo Boo" But I guess there's enough whites in the power structure to counteract the negative images of those shows.

Look - English is one of the most corrupted languages on earth. It changes so much and borrows and steals from other languages so black people switching it up is not something new or something to frown upon. Broken English tells me that this person speaks one more language than I do, which is something to be admired.

What Ebonics shows is that whites and blacks in America live in cultural isolation from one another. From this cultural isolation will be born new modes of speech which if allowed to go on for long enough will become separate languages. Ebonics is just another variety of English, like Irish English, Scottish English, Welsh English, Jamaican English.

Slang is healthy to a language keeping creative and evolving. But the white man is part attracted to Ebonics and part repelled by it. They try to mock it but then whites use it to make themselves sound cool.

That's why the wigger is so hated

wigger-15344.jpg

This causes a problem for whites, they LOVE to talk black (that is what they think black people talk like) but also show that they are aware that they're white.

So all they do use hip hop words and filter them through a white fliter system.

I mean if a white person says this

Yo ...yo son, that sauce you made was wack ! U nom saying dog ....4 Real !!”

If said by people who are very aware of their whiteness, whites would cry with laughter, but if said by wiggers, it would be tragic. The difference is very subtle .........but essential.

Last edited:
Ebonics is not a written language, and pronunciation is dependent on context.

Forum List

Back