The Traits of a Narcissist

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
by directorblue

"A person who gives too much importance to himself, to the extent that he does not think about the feelings and sentiments of other people is said to be a narcissist. People who are narcissists consider themselves to be perfectionists who can never do anything wrong. They are governed by their false ego which requires ample amounts of admiration and praise to survive. It is said that narcissists live in a world of their own where they can think only about their problems and issues regarding power, prestige and personal adequacy. This makes them selfish individuals who do not have the ability to understand the problems of people around them. Such people are said to suffer from the problem of narcissistic personality disorder. As their egos are very fragile, a slight disrespect or challenge can lead to the development of fury which can cause harm to the person who was the reason for such provocation..." --Deepa Kartha

Joanna M. Ashmun, a well-known author on the topic of narcissism, writes:

[The narcissist's] moral intelligence is about at the level of a bright five- or six-year-old; the only rules they recognize are things that have been specifically required, permitted, prohibited, or disapproved of by authority figures they know personally.

Ashmun lists the major traits of narcissism, listed as bullet-points below:

An absolutely great discourse @ Doug Ross @ Journal: FOREVER SIX: The Traits of a Narcissist

:eusa_whistle:

Sounds like my brother in law who is about to get his ass kicked by his brother in law.
Stupid motherfucker. Oh yeah- and my ex father- in-law. Also stupid motherfucker.
Make that a ballz kick.

George W. Bush was also a classic narcissist. His big giveaway was how anyone around him instantly got a derogatory nickname. Bush had to show that he was the bully in control.

Now, let's look at Obama.

1. Possibly the most mellow president in American history.
2. Dislikes people sucking up to him
3. Plays scrupulously fair in competitions
4. Comfortable in social situations, doesn't make embarrassing gaffes

Obama is kind of an anti-narcissist in his personality. Longknife's crank source is kind of retarded in that it claims Obama is a narcissist ... because he eats well and stays trim. Who knew you had to be fatty in order to not to be a narcissist?

Now, let's look at Romney. Some big signs of narcissism there.

1. Always cheats to win, even with his own children.
2. Chronic liar.
3. Every issue has to be made about Mitt Romney.
4. Cringeworthy in social situations, can't speak without insulting someone.

George W. Bush was also a classic narcissist. His big giveaway was how anyone around him instantly got a derogatory nickname. Bush had to show that he was the bully in control.

Obama is kind of an anti-narcissist in his personality. Longknife's crank source is kind of retarded in that it claims Obama is a narcissist ... because he eats well and stays trim. Who knew you had to be fatty in order to not to be a narcissist?

2. Chronic liar.

I was once told, by a liberal, especially Obama, that every President is a narcissist. I think you see Obama in a distorted light. He is very much a man that hates his authority challenged, he was quoted in an interview that he would not change anything he did as President, that alone is a narcissistic point of view. There is a distortion in his fact to make himself look good.

Again, I don't know if this is a bad trait, most every President, I have studied is that way.

It's a perfect description of Mitt Romney, that's what.

thanks, hack

Prove me wrong.

I'll say the same thing I said when the hacks on the right were using this bullshit to attack Obama.

It's doubtful that a true NPD would ever submit themselves to the public scrutiny that comes with running for office in the country. They would never put themselves into a position where their fragile ego could be attacked.

Furthermore, as far as personality disorders go, NPD are extremely rare. So much so, that the disorder was almost done away with in the newest revision of the DSM.

Then again, I am not a doctor.

Oh wait. I totally am!

2. Chronic liar.

I was once told, by a liberal, especially Obama, that every President is a narcissist. I think you see Obama in a distorted light. He is very much a man that hates his authority challenged, he was quoted in an interview that he would not change anything he did as President, that alone is a narcissistic point of view. There is a distortion in his fact to make himself look good.

Again, I don't know if this is a bad trait, most every President, I have studied is that way.

There is a difference in being narcissistic, which every politician likely is, and having a narcissistic personality disorder.

Just like there is a difference between being paranoid and having a paranoid personality disorder.

by directorblue

"A person who gives too much importance to himself, to the extent that he does not think about the feelings and sentiments of other people is said to be a narcissist. People who are narcissists consider themselves to be perfectionists who can never do anything wrong. They are governed by their false ego which requires ample amounts of admiration and praise to survive. It is said that narcissists live in a world of their own where they can think only about their problems and issues regarding power, prestige and personal adequacy. This makes them selfish individuals who do not have the ability to understand the problems of people around them. Such people are said to suffer from the problem of narcissistic personality disorder. As their egos are very fragile, a slight disrespect or challenge can lead to the development of fury which can cause harm to the person who was the reason for such provocation..." --Deepa Kartha

Joanna M. Ashmun, a well-known author on the topic of narcissism, writes:

[The narcissist's] moral intelligence is about at the level of a bright five- or six-year-old; the only rules they recognize are things that have been specifically required, permitted, prohibited, or disapproved of by authority figures they know personally.

Ashmun lists the major traits of narcissism, listed as bullet-points below:

An absolutely great discourse @ Doug Ross @ Journal: FOREVER SIX: The Traits of a Narcissist

:eusa_whistle:
That sounds like every fucking neocon in the country.

and this has what to do with the elections, fuckchop?

13960_189855479432_503149432_2664011_7029878_n-5.jpg

Forum List

Back