The Tish'aa Be'av fasting is TONIGHT.

irosie:
For the record----the interpretation of the jewish bible TANACH is in the hands of jewish scholars and has been for more than 2500 years---
-----------------------------------------------------

I believe that you are trying to refer to the Tanakh, which became canonized about 2000 years ago.

It is comprised of The Torah, or Law of Moses, or simply "The Law", and the Prophets and the Writings.

It affirms over 350 times that it is the literal word of G-d.
You don't need a Judaic lawyer to understand this (if you are of, at least, average intelligence).
And if you aren't, there's nothing that Judaic lawyers can tell you that you would understand anyway.

It is only ignorant people who think 'Torah' means 'Law' - to the Jewish People, 'Torah' is 'Teachings'. That whole 'Law' thing is a Greek mistranslation.

That shit will give you cancer of the brain.

Oscar Mayer is Kosher pork
Kosher pork? The makers of Oscar Meyers are rolling in the aisles that someone thinks their product is Kosher. I don't know if they are considered Kosher, but I am willing to bet that Jos has never eaten a Hebrew National Hot Dog. Probably if he happened upon the product in his local grocery market, just seeing the word Hebrew would make him turn away. However, no doubt, if he saw something labeled Halal, he would quickly purchase it, feeling that he was doing his bit for his Muslim buddies.

jt2

Foof is food, I'll eat it no matter who blesses it.

Last edited:
The Torah, or Hebrew Bible, is the "literal word of G-d" and is neither to be added to nor subtracted from- FOREVER.

This means that anyone who tells you that G-d's laws have an expiration date, or are situational, or subject to the whims of judaic lawyers are not only LYING to you, but are blasphemous!
(Consult the Torah for appropriate punishments commanded by G-d's True Believers- some highlighted below for your religious enlightenment!)

In other words, to be a True Follower of Judaism (i.e., "Jew") one has to follow G-d's laws, as espoused in the Torah.

If not, then G-d will destroy the unfaithful, destroy Israel, smite you and all sorts of horrible things.
I think that many are familiar with Leviticus , the third book of the Torah, wherein one is told:

The killing of homosexuals is condoned and encouraged in the wonderful laws of Leviticus. Leviticus 20:13 clearly states "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Well there you have it, Homosexuality is wrong, and they must pay the ultimate price... IN THE NAME OF GOD!!!

Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't have a variety of crops on the same field. (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die. (Leviticus 20:10).

But, some may be less familiar with Deuteronomy's discussion/pronouncement of G-d's further dictates,(fifth book of the Torah) such as:
Anyone who dreams or prophesizes anything that is against God, or anyone who tries to turn you from God, is to be put to death. (Deuteronomy 13:5)

If anyone, even your own family suggests worshipping another God, kill them. (Deuteronomy 13:6-10)

If you find out a city worships a different god, destroy the city and kill all of it's inhabitants... even the animals. (Deuteronomy 13:12-15)

Kill anyone with a different religion. (Deuteronomy 17:2-7)

Such a loving Yahweh the Hebrews created.

Moonglow, the schmutz above is not an accurate representation of Jedwish understanding of Torah. The above is a variant on 'reductio ad absurdam' as indulged in by someone who has no interest in accuracy or honesty.

Quote: Originally Posted by MrAlwaysRight
irosie:
For the record----the interpretation of the jewish bible TANACH is in the hands of jewish scholars and has been for more than 2500 years---
-----------------------------------------------------

I believe that you are trying to refer to the Tanakh, which became canonized about 2000 years ago.

It is comprised of The Torah, or Law of Moses, or simply "The Law", and the Prophets and the Writings.

It affirms over 350 times that it is the literal word of G-d.
You don't need a Judaic lawyer to understand this (if you are of, at least, average intelligence).
And if you aren't, there's nothing that Judaic lawyers can tell you that you would understand anyway.
-------------------------------------------
MHunter:
It is only ignorant people who think 'Torah' means 'Law' - to the Jewish People, 'Torah' is 'Teachings'. That whole 'Law' thing is a Greek mistranslation.

===================
You were elected Official Spokesperson for "the Jewish People" Marg? Talk about IGNORANCE!

Read what I wrote. The Torah, or The Law of Moses, or simply "THE LAW".
It doesn't say "The Torah means "the law".

You see, early on, the Pentateuch, was referred to as "The Law of Moses" or simply "The Law".

You're welcome!

PS- That's all you can bitch about, considering the topic being discussed?

Quote: Originally Posted by MrAlwaysRight
The Torah, or Hebrew Bible, is the "literal word of G-d" and is neither to be added to nor subtracted from- FOREVER.

This means that anyone who tells you that G-d's laws have an expiration date, or are situational, or subject to the whims of judaic lawyers are not only LYING to you, but are blasphemous!
(Consult the Torah for appropriate punishments commanded by G-d's True Believers- some highlighted below for your religious enlightenment!)

In other words, to be a True Follower of Judaism (i.e., "Jew") one has to follow G-d's laws, as espoused in the Torah.

If not, then G-d will destroy the unfaithful, destroy Israel, smite you and all sorts of horrible things.
I think that many are familiar with Leviticus , the third book of the Torah, wherein one is told:

The killing of homosexuals is condoned and encouraged in the wonderful laws of Leviticus. Leviticus 20:13 clearly states "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Well there you have it, Homosexuality is wrong, and they must pay the ultimate price... IN THE NAME OF GOD!!!

Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't have a variety of crops on the same field. (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die. (Leviticus 20:10).

But, some may be less familiar with Deuteronomy's discussion/pronouncement of G-d's further dictates,(fifth book of the Torah) such as:
Anyone who dreams or prophesizes anything that is against God, or anyone who tries to turn you from God, is to be put to death. (Deuteronomy 13:5)

If anyone, even your own family suggests worshipping another God, kill them. (Deuteronomy 13:6-10)

If you find out a city worships a different god, destroy the city and kill all of it's inhabitants... even the animals. (Deuteronomy 13:12-15)

Kill anyone with a different religion. (Deuteronomy 17:2-7)
-------------------------------------
Moonglow:
Such a loving Yahweh the Hebrews created.

Skunt:
Moonglow, the schmutz above is not an accurate representation of Jedwish understanding of Torah. The above is a variant on 'reductio ad absurdam' as indulged in by someone who has no interest in accuracy or honesty.
===================
Marg, G-d commands that you not LIE!
I've quoted, with references, the Torah you idiot.

For those who think one can just pick and choose amongst G-d's laws:

Deuteronomy 29:19
'If anyone should think to himself, "I will do well enough if I follow the dictates of my heart,"...'
'...Yahweh will not pardon him. His wrath shall burn against him.'
'And all the curses written in the book will come upon him.'
Deuteronomy 29:20
'Yahweh will single him out for misfortune and blot out his name from under heaven.'

Why all this anti Jewish shit?

Can't posters just accept, some people believe in different things to others and live their own lives rather than trying to control others?

You just lost Ima.
Simple question to you or Hoss: Do you think that earth was actually made in 6 days by an invisible superbeing?

why would I believe that "THE EARTH" was made in six days I have no reason to believe that any more than I believe that the RAVEN REALLY QUOTH "NEVERMORE"
Raven's do not speak english. Do you really believe that "haaretz" refers to the earth as the name of a large sphere floating around in space?

You said the bible was a history of the nations involved. :eek:

Simple question to you or Hoss: Do you think that earth was actually made in 6 days by an invisible superbeing?

why would I believe that "THE EARTH" was made in six days I have no reason to believe that any more than I believe that the RAVEN REALLY QUOTH "NEVERMORE"
Raven's do not speak english. Do you really believe that "haaretz" refers to the earth as the name of a large sphere floating around in space?

Yes it is. It records the history and literature and poetry and philosophies of the nations involved It is sad that you are too dense to grasp its value. English Literature serves a similar function-------the literature of all LITERATE nations do so----more or less-------the more brutish nations do not do it well. ------vikings were just dirty slobs

Yes it is. It records the history and literature and poetry and philosophies of the nations involved It is sad that you are too dense to grasp its value. English Literature serves a similar function-------the literature of all LITERATE nations do so----more or less-------the more brutish nations do not do it well. ------vikings were just dirty slobs

As fiction I can agree with you that "records the history and literature and poetry and philosophies of the nations involved". That's why I was asking you if you believed that the world was made in 6 days (like Hoss does). So you're not a real Jew if you don't think that the Torah is the actual word of god. Which would make you an agnostic like me?

'If anyone should think to himself, "I will do well enough if I follow the dictates of my heart,"...'
'Yahweh will single him out for misfortune and blot out his name from under heaven.'
Looks like Mr. Always Wrong is having himself a heck of a good time playing Bible expert, the same way a poster named Virtual E-man did on another board. I wonder if he realizes that the majority of Jews in Israel are not the Orthodox. Meanwhile, wouldn't it be a kick to see him blabbering on and on about the Koran in the same manner, especially in some Muslim country. He would be thrown in jail for blasphemy

jt2

Looks like Mr. Always Wrong is having himself a heck of a good time playing Bible expert, the same way a poster named Virtual E-man did on another board. I wonder if he realizes that the majority of Jews in Israel are not the Orthodox. Meanwhile, wouldn't it be a kick to see him blabbering on and on about the Koran in the same manner, especially in some Muslim country. He would be thrown in jail for blasphemy

jt2

Hoss, why the heck are you always trying to divert to your vision of Islam/Muslims?

I'm quoting THE TORAH- the literal word of G-d, fer chrissakes! (The Torah even says so- over 350 times!)

Didn't you know that?

As someone who pretend to know Judaism and Hebrew more than Jews themselves, you should know we don't address and call the creator in such a manner.

As someone who pretend to know Judaism and Hebrew more than Jews themselves, you should know we don't address and call the creator in such a manner.

Listen, little girl (surely you aren't an adult?), I don't *pretend* to know anything.
You made that up. "Thou shalt not bear false witness." Didn't you know that?

Also, you seem to be entirely ignorant of the Tetragrammaton:

In Exodus 3:13–15 God, asked by Moses for his name, replies "I Am That I Am", followed by "I Am", and finally "YHWH":

... אהיה אשר אהיה ... כה תאמר לבני ישראל אהיה שלחני אליכם: ... יהוה אלהי אבתיכם ... זה־שמי לעלם ...
"I AM THAT I AM [...] Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. [...] YHWH, God of your fathers, [...] this is My name for ever"[Exod. 3:14–15]

Biblical Hebrew was written with consonants only, meaning that the name of God is written YHWH. The original pronunciation of this word was lost many centuries ago, but the available evidence indicates that it was in all likelihood Yahweh.[7] The evidence also suggests that it is the shortened form of a sentence used in worship, and meant "he causes to be" or "he creates".[7] Most likely the original sentence was el du yahwi seba'ot, "el who creates the hosts", meaning the heavenly army accompanying the god El as he marched out beside the earthly armies of Israel.[7].

As the origins of Yahweh seem to lie to the southeast of Israel, in Edom and Midian or even further, an alternative explanation looks for the source of the name in South Semitic languages like Arabic rather than in Hebrew, which is West Semitic. One of the meanings of HWY in Arabic is connected with falling or causing to fall, leading to an interpretation of Yahweh as a storm god whose name means "He who causes to fall" (meaning rain, lightning, and his enemies) or "He storms". This helps explain Yahweh's attributes as a storm god (he comes to rescue Israel surrounded by darkness and thick clouds, and the earth trembles, the clouds drop water, and the mountains quake at his appearance), and the way he appropriates attributes from the rival storm god Baal.[8](Wikipedia)

You didn't know this either?

N.B.: Any further lies/nonsense from you and I will really let you have it. You have been warned.

Listen, little girl (surely you aren't an adult?), I don't *pretend* to know anything.

In Exodus 3:13–15 God, asked by Moses for his name, replies "I Am That I Am", followed by "I Am", and finally "YHWH":

... אהיה אשר אהיה ... כה תאמר לבני ישראל אהיה שלחני אליכם: ... יהוה אלהי אבתיכם ... זה־שמי לעלם ...
"I AM THAT I AM [...] Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. [...] YHWH, God of your fathers, [...] this is My name for ever"[Exod. 3:14–15]

Biblical Hebrew was written with consonants only, meaning that the name of God is written YHWH. The original pronunciation of this word was lost many centuries ago, but the available evidence indicates that it was in all likelihood Yahweh.[7] The evidence also suggests that it is the shortened form of a sentence used in worship, and meant "he causes to be" or "he creates".[7] Most likely the original sentence was el du yahwi seba'ot, "el who creates the hosts", meaning the heavenly army accompanying the god El as he marched out beside the earthly armies of Israel.[7].

As the origins of Yahweh seem to lie to the southeast of Israel, in Edom and Midian or even further, an alternative explanation looks for the source of the name in South Semitic languages like Arabic rather than in Hebrew, which is West Semitic. One of the meanings of HWY in Arabic is connected with falling or causing to fall, leading to an interpretation of Yahweh as a storm god whose name means "He who causes to fall" (meaning rain, lightning, and his enemies) or "He storms". This helps explain Yahweh's attributes as a storm god (he comes to rescue Israel surrounded by darkness and thick clouds, and the earth trembles, the clouds drop water, and the mountains quake at his appearance), and the way he appropriates attributes from the rival storm god Baal.[8](Wikipedia)

N.B.: Any further lies/nonsense from you and I will really let you have it. You have been warned.

"Let me have it"?

Listen, DUDE, do not threaten me or use keyboard bullying just because you disagree with what I have to say.

doing that, it makes it certain that YOU are the child. Get a life.

What I meant, was, that we do not use the Shem Hameforash, when concerning or mentioning the creator.

Capisch?

YHWH Ya Ho Wa I have seen the gold letters

Last edited:

"Let me have it"?

Listen, DUDE, do not threaten me or use keyboard bullying just because you disagree with what I have to say.

doing that, it makes it certain that YOU are the child. Get a life.

You didn't answer my question (see phrase, above followed by question mark).

Know this: I did not threaten you; I WARNED you that I will not tolerate insults, LIES, and other nonsense from you. I have not attacked you personally, nor have I responded in kind- but, I'm warning you- I will, as soon as I know you aren't a child.

What I meant, was, that we do not use the Shem Hameforash, when concerning or mentioning the creator.

Capisch?

You are confusing Talmud parsing with the Literal word of G-d (Torah).
Capiche?

Forum List

Back