The Tish'aa Be'av fasting is TONIGHT.

In the field of psychology and psychiatry ----you would be described as exhibiting CONCRETE THINKING concrete thinking is one of the characteristics exhibited by schitzophrenics----but sometimes it is found in persons of very low intellect

schitzophrenics, are they people who are crazy about schit?:lol:

the prefix SCHIZ is from a root which means "split" there is a
word SCHIZENCEPHALY which refers to abnomal fissues (splits) in the
brain SCHIZOPHRENIA refers to a condition of thought disorder and
refers to an abnormal "split" from reality ----the CONCRETE THINKING aspect
refers to a kind of lack of ablilty of the person to engage abstract thinking-----ie schizophrenics are, in the Piaget model "primitive" thinkers ---in the Piaget model---that would be the thinking of a very very young child------or a monkey

In the field of psychology and psychiatry ----you would be described as exhibiting CONCRETE THINKING concrete thinking is one of the characteristics exhibited by schitzophrenics----but sometimes it is found in persons of very low intellect

schitzophrenics, are they people who are crazy about schit?:lol:

the prefix SCHIZ is from a root which means "split" there is a
word SCHIZENCEPHALY which refers to abnomal fissues (splits) in the
brain SCHIZOPHRENIA refers to a condition of thought disorder and
refers to an abnormal "split" from reality ----the CONCRETE THINKING aspect
refers to a kind of lack of ablilty of the person to engage abstract thinking-----ie schizophrenics are, in the Piaget model "primitive" thinkers ---in the Piaget model---that would be the thinking of a very very young child------or a monkey

Hey Schitzo, did you mean "abnormal fissures" :lol: You cant spell for schitz

Last edited:
The bible and the koran (the Torah is the first five books of the bible) are ancient writings that reflect the history and culture of the nations involved. The same is true of the RAMAYANA and the ODYSSEY AND THE ILIAD. you have no concept of FACT or HISTORY or LITERATURE In the field of psychology and psychiatry ----you would be described as exhibiting CONCRETE THINKING concrete thinking is one of the characteristics exhibited by schitzophrenics----but sometimes it is found in persons of very low intellect
I bet you think the Tooth Fairy is real as well. :D
So according to you the world was made in 6 days?

I bet you think of yourself as a "clever" and "witty"

You said they reflect the HISTORY of the nations involved. So do you think the world was made in 6 days? Simple question.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
what do you mean by WORLD the planet earth or the universe or-----kentucky?

the book of genesis is sublime poetry----not the least of which is the very first page-----it is terrific b'resh'it is the first word The word itself is well chosen-------'at the head' It always reminds me of one of my all time fave subjects-----ONTOGENY ---the actual developement of an embyro----can be examined in two different poetic ways------one as a DEVELOPING DEGESTIVE TRACT (this system includes the organs of generation) and the other as a developing nervous system ------the central point being THE BRAIN ---'at the head' b'resh at or in the head the first line is g-d created the heavens and the earth at no point does it say how long that took or what the creation consisted of other than "heavens and earth" but the first word is AT THE HEAD see?------its all supposed to start in a head try it some time

the book of genesis is sublime poetry----not the least of which is the very first page-----it is terrific b'resh'it is the first word The word itself is well chosen-------'at the head' It always reminds me of one of my all time fave subjects-----ONTOGENY ---the actual developement of an embyro----can be examined in two different poetic ways------one as a DEVELOPING DEGESTIVE TRACT (this system includes the organs of generation) and the other as a developing nervous system ------the central point being THE BRAIN ---'at the head' b'resh at or in the head the first line is g-d created the heavens and the earth at no point does it say how long that took or what the creation consisted of other than "heavens and earth" but the first word is AT THE HEAD see?------its all supposed to start in a head try it some time
You just lost Ima.

You just lost Ima.
Simple question to you or Hoss: Do you think that earth was actually made in 6 days by an invisible superbeing?

You just lost Ima.
Simple question to you or Hoss: Do you think that earth was actually made in 6 days by an invisible superbeing?

why would I believe that "THE EARTH" was made in six days I have no reason to believe that any more than I believe that the RAVEN REALLY QUOTH "NEVERMORE"
Raven's do not speak english. Do you really believe that "haaretz" refers to the earth as the name of a large sphere floating around in space?

The Torah, or Hebrew Bible, is the "literal word of G-d" and is neither to be added to nor subtracted from- FOREVER.

This means that anyone who tells you that G-d's laws have an expiration date, or are situational, or subject to the whims of judaic lawyers are not only LYING to you, but are blasphemous!
(Consult the Torah for appropriate punishments commanded by G-d's True Believers- some highlighted below for your religious enlightenment!)

In other words, to be a True Follower of Judaism (i.e., "Jew") one has to follow G-d's laws, as espoused in the Torah.

If not, then G-d will destroy the unfaithful, destroy Israel, smite you and all sorts of horrible things.
I think that many are familiar with Leviticus , the third book of the Torah, wherein one is told:

The killing of homosexuals is condoned and encouraged in the wonderful laws of Leviticus. Leviticus 20:13 clearly states "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Well there you have it, Homosexuality is wrong, and they must pay the ultimate price... IN THE NAME OF GOD!!!

Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't have a variety of crops on the same field. (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die. (Leviticus 20:10).

But, some may be less familiar with Deuteronomy's discussion/pronouncement of G-d's further dictates,(fifth book of the Torah) such as:
Anyone who dreams or prophesizes anything that is against God, or anyone who tries to turn you from God, is to be put to death. (Deuteronomy 13:5)

If anyone, even your own family suggests worshipping another God, kill them. (Deuteronomy 13:6-10)

If you find out a city worships a different god, destroy the city and kill all of it's inhabitants... even the animals. (Deuteronomy 13:12-15)

Kill anyone with a different religion. (Deuteronomy 17:2-7)

Ima sez:
----------------------------
Ima, I'm sure that, by now, you've learned to NEVER expect an honest answer from these pseudo-Jews who claim to speak on behalf of True Judaism.

For example, G-d isn't a "superbeing" , he's a MAN! Yes- G-d needs a penis/Y-chromosome! The Torah says so, and anyone who doesn't believe it isn't a Real Jew.
(Obvious reflection of the patriarchal/misogynistic mindset of the times.)

Ima sez:
----------------------------
Ima, I'm sure that, by now, you've learned to NEVER expect an honest answer from these pseudo-Jews who claim to speak on behalf of True Judaism.

For example, G-d isn't a "superbeing" , he's a MAN! Yes- G-d needs a penis/Y-chromosome! The Torah says so, and anyone who doesn't believe it isn't a Real Jew.
(Obvious reflection of the patriarchal/misogynistic mindset of the times.)
Mr. Always Wrong is wrong once again. Has anyone seen me claim to be what he calls a "pseudo Jew?" Meanwhile, Mr. Always Wrong seems obsessed with what Christians and Jews believe in, but he doesn't seem to care anything about what the Muslims believe in even though so many of them are busy murdering those who are non believers like Mr. Always Wrong, plus of course other Muslims of different sects. By the way, I would like to see Mr. Always Wrong debate someone who actually knows what he calls "true Judiasm." since evidently Mr. Always Wrong seems to think he is an expert on Judaism by virtue of the Internet.

jt2

The Torah, or Hebrew Bible, is the "literal word of G-d" and is neither to be added to nor subtracted from- FOREVER.

This means that anyone who tells you that G-d's laws have an expiration date, or are situational, or subject to the whims of judaic lawyers are not only LYING to you, but are blasphemous!
(Consult the Torah for appropriate punishments commanded by G-d's True Believers- some highlighted below for your religious enlightenment!)

In other words, to be a True Follower of Judaism (i.e., "Jew") one has to follow G-d's laws, as espoused in the Torah.

If not, then G-d will destroy the unfaithful, destroy Israel, smite you and all sorts of horrible things.
I think that many are familiar with Leviticus , the third book of the Torah, wherein one is told:

The killing of homosexuals is condoned and encouraged in the wonderful laws of Leviticus. Leviticus 20:13 clearly states "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Well there you have it, Homosexuality is wrong, and they must pay the ultimate price... IN THE NAME OF GOD!!!

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die. (Leviticus 20:10).

But, some may be less familiar with Deuteronomy's discussion/pronouncement of G-d's further dictates,(fifth book of the Torah) such as:
Anyone who dreams or prophesizes anything that is against God, or anyone who tries to turn you from God, is to be put to death. (Deuteronomy 13:5)

If anyone, even your own family suggests worshipping another God, kill them. (Deuteronomy 13:6-10)

If you find out a city worships a different god, destroy the city and kill all of it's inhabitants... even the animals. (Deuteronomy 13:12-15)

It sure looks like Mr. Always Wrong is obsessed with Jews and what they believe. He should take some time out to study what the Muslims believe too if he feels he must be a scholar on religion. So tell us, Mr. Always Wrong, what have you to say about this? Islam's Tradition of Breaking the Cross :: Gatestone Institute

By the way, I really have to chuckle at Mr. Always Wrong. Say, Mr. Always Wrong, since this is the 21st century and not ancient times when men were very violent, who do you think are killing people because they are of a different religion than the murderers. Perhaps you should talk to some Hindus, Buddhists, Christians, Atheists, plus Muslims of different sects who have lost friends and relatives because of their beliefs. Perhaps since you are so obsessed with the Jews, it doesn't faze you to learn about car and suicide bombings in places like Pakistan where the Sunnis have taken out Shiites.

jt2

For the record----the interpretation of the jewish bible TANACH is in the hands of jewish scholars and has been for more than 2500 years-----they have done a fine job-----a very very very extensive writing attests to that fact. Nothing posted by the above idiots is in any way consistent with those writings The interpretation of the christian bible is in the hands of christian scholars and the interpretation of the koran is in the hands of koranic scholars which is why people are being executed for leaving islam and for witch craft and non muslims are being beheaded for touching a copy of the koran and young women are tying bombs to their posteriors----yelling out "allahukbar" and murdering babies

irosie:
For the record----the interpretation of the jewish bible TANACH is in the hands of jewish scholars and has been for more than 2500 years---
-----------------------------------------------------

I believe that you are trying to refer to the Tanakh, which became canonized about 2000 years ago.

It is comprised of The Torah, or Law of Moses, or simply "The Law", and the Prophets and the Writings.

It affirms over 350 times that it is the literal word of G-d.
You don't need a Judaic lawyer to understand this (if you are of, at least, average intelligence).
And if you aren't, there's nothing that Judaic lawyers can tell you that you would understand anyway.

Quote: Originally Posted by MrAlwaysRight

------------------------------------------
Hossfly diverts:
It sure looks like Mr. Always Wrong is obsessed with Jews and what they believe. He should take some time out to study what the Muslims believe too if he feels he must be a scholar on religion.
=======================

Was there something "Wrong" with any of the quotes I provided, above, Hoss? Please feel free to point them out. Surely you can, right? Otherwise you wouldn't say I was Always Wrong, right? (That would be in violation of G-d's law, yanno- bearing false witness and all.)

PS- Look at the title of this board. Look again. Does it say "Discussion of Islam"?
No, it doesn't, does it, Hoss! If YOU want to discuss the Koran and Islam and such, WHY THE FUNK DON'T YOU?

Hossfly diverts:
It sure looks like Mr. Always Wrong is obsessed with Jews and what they believe. He should take some time out to study what the Muslims believe too if he feels he must be a scholar on religion.
=======================

Was there something "Wrong" with any of the quotes I provided, above, Hoss? Please feel free to point them out. Surely you can, right? Otherwise you wouldn't say I was Always Wrong, right? (That would be in violation of G-d's law, yanno- bearing false witness and all.)

PS- Look at the title of this board. Look again. Does it say "Discussion of Islam"?
No, it doesn't, does it, Hoss! If YOU want to discuss the Koran and Islam and such, WHY THE FUNK DON'T YOU?
You're the Talmud scholar here, Moishe. Go back to explaining to Rosie what the Torah is all about and such.

Such a loving Yahweh the Hebrews created.

Hossfly diverts:
=======================

The Old Testament "expert" is at is again. Every religioin under the sun has religious writings that would seem weird to those who don't have the same beliefs. Mr. Always Wrong must think that the inhabitants of Palestine plus about 20% of the population of Israel are not Muslims. Let me reiterate -- right now in the world of today people are being murdered in the name of a religion in many areas of the planet. If you want to be obsessed with only the Jews, that is your privilege. Most of us are quite aware of what is going on in other areas of the world and see what is happening to many people because they happen to have different beliefs from the murderers. Even you, no matter how much you are trying to put down the beliefs of religious Jews, would not fare too well because you are a disbeliever. Then on the other hand, maybe you are trying to fool us all and actually were educated in a madrassa. And, unlike you, I don't claim to be an expert in the religion of others as you are trying to do. I could take the lead from you and search the Internet to find all the derogatory stuff from the Koran and the other Islamic writings. Why should I even bother? If people are interested in the various religions, they quietly study it and don't bother others. I would suggest, though, that you sign up for a class in Comparative Religions at your local college since you might learn something other than your obsessioin with Judaism.

jt2

Hossfly the Unbeliever:
The Old Testament "expert" is at is again. Every religioin under the sun has religious writings that would seem weird to those who don't have the same beliefs.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, Hoss- I'm just quoting the literal word of G-d, in the hopes that you'll understand that G-d's laws are immutable and eternal. I'm just trying to help you, Bro! It's got nothing to do with Ay-rabs, so get offa that camel, willya?

Here's what happens when you don't follow G-d's laws:

Deuteronomy 28:15
'If you are not careful to keep all of Yahweh's laws...'
Deuteronomy 28:21, 30
'...then all of the following curses will befall and overtake you. Though you will get engaged to marry a woman...
Deuteronomy 28:30
'...another man will rape her.'
'Yahweh will take delight in ruining and destroying you. He will afflict you with hemorrhoids, scurvy, and the itch, and you will find no cure.'
'Yahweh will strike you with foul ulcers, boils, and tumors from which there will be no cure, from the sole of your foot to the top of your head.'

'Yahweh will strike you with madness, blindness, and confusion until you grope your way around at noon like a blind man groping in the dark, and your steps lead you nowhere.'
'Yahweh will send wild animals to attack you.'
'You will eat the flesh of your own sons and daughters.'
'Yahweh will strike you down with consumption, fever, rash, drought, blight, and mildew. And these will pursue you until your ruin.'
'Your dead body will be carrion for all wild birds and all wild animals, with no one to scare them away.'
Deuteronomy 28:45
'All of these curses will befall you for not having obeyed the voice of Yahweh your God by keeping his laws which he has laid down for you.'

Hossfly the Unbeliever:
The Old Testament "expert" is at is again. Every religioin under the sun has religious writings that would seem weird to those who don't have the same beliefs.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, Hoss- I'm just quoting the literal word of G-d, in the hopes that you'll understand that G-d's laws are immutable and eternal. I'm just trying to help you, Bro! It's got nothing to do with Ay-rabs, so get offa that camel, willya?

Here's what happens when you don't follow G-d's laws:

Deuteronomy 28:15
'If you are not careful to keep all of Yahweh's laws...'
Deuteronomy 28:21, 30
'...then all of the following curses will befall and overtake you. Though you will get engaged to marry a woman...
Deuteronomy 28:30
'...another man will rape her.'
'Yahweh will take delight in ruining and destroying you. He will afflict you with hemorrhoids, scurvy, and the itch, and you will find no cure.'
'Yahweh will strike you with foul ulcers, boils, and tumors from which there will be no cure, from the sole of your foot to the top of your head.'

'Yahweh will strike you with madness, blindness, and confusion until you grope your way around at noon like a blind man groping in the dark, and your steps lead you nowhere.'
'Yahweh will send wild animals to attack you.'
'You will eat the flesh of your own sons and daughters.'
'Yahweh will strike you down with consumption, fever, rash, drought, blight, and mildew. And these will pursue you until your ruin.'
'Your dead body will be carrion for all wild birds and all wild animals, with no one to scare them away.'
Deuteronomy 28:45
'All of these curses will befall you for not having obeyed the voice of Yahweh your God by keeping his laws which he has laid down for you.'
Not to worry. I'm in good hands with Allstate.

Forum List

Back