The swatting whodunit

Pick one. And I'll check it out after I get back from dinner.

All of them. That's the only way you could possibly debunk my hypothesis...if you're able to find the homes of all of them. How else could you coordinate swatting attacks against all of them?

I'm going to ask you all not to be utterly stupid (which will be difficult to impossible for some) by serving up conspiracy level trash. This is a real event, there is a real perpetrator, and while speculation is one thing, inventing your own garbage is entirely another.

Obviously there's been a rash of swatting politicians in the past week or so. The trends has overwhelmingly been against Republicans. So far the only Democrats that I'm aware of as being targeted is Michelle Wu of Boston, and Shenna Bellows of Maine. These pranks are, of course, dangerous, criminal, and otherwise entirely obscene. For all our modern day caller ID technology and NSA masturbating to Americans' sexting messages, we can't seem to identify the culprit(s) so far.

The first inclination would be to suspect that these calls are being made by some impotent idiot leftist wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt. That was my first assumption when I heard about the first episode on Marjorie Taylor Greene. But the scenario has really developed into something different. I am now starting to seriously suspect that the swatting may be a nasty right wing ploy. Not for nothing, mind you. Here's the fundamental basis for my suspicion.

Facts that we know.
  • The targets are overwhelmingly Republican politicians or less prominent figures admired by the right
  • The targets are spread across the country
  • The targets have been both federal and state level elected officials
  • The incidents have all been happening very rapidly and within a short time period
  • The locations have all been private residences not readily known to the general public

Based on these facts, there are some reasonable likelihoods that can be drawn.
  • The swatting attacks are highly coordinated/organized
  • The coordinated attacks are clearly attacking Republicans specifically
  • Knowing home addresses would require either being local members of the general public, or have priveleged access the targets' info
  • The local populations of elected officials inherently favor those officials (who they elected)
  • Organized coordination weights against the chance of locals across the country being the bad actors

Karl Rove spread rumors during the 2000 primary that John McCain had an interracial love child, which tanked his steamrolling campaign and propelled GWB to the nomination. In 2007 the same state's Presidential primary saw fake Christmas cards pretending to be from Mitt Romney went out to Republican voters, making a point to claim that God was a polygamist. Dirty tricks abound in the Republican party.
As far as I can tell, the current hubbub only relates to three republicans being targeted. You mentioned two democrats so that brings the total to 5.

Forum List

Back