The strong horse...doesn't hide it's uniforms...U.S. soldiers in Canada ordered not to wear uniforms

Ok, before it devolves into a flamefest, what exactly is it that you want to happen?

I see a lot of "We don't hide" bluster. But I am not seeing what you want. Should US military members go out in uniform when it could put them in danger? Do you expect them to go out armed when that is in violation of local laws?
I expect there to be cooperation between the host country and the US, a more viable plan on how to deal with situations that can can anticipated and an operating procedure developed where there are situations that cannot be anticipated. If not, then the US should consider pulling out there military presence and support.

The fact that we are there makes us targets for terrorists. And we tend to put resources close to hotspots in the world.

I don't understand why it is such an issue to tell our military members not to wear their uniforms when they are off duty.

The reason why it is such an issue to tell our military members not to wear a uniform is simple, it leads to other such impositions of their military standards and protocols, such as accepting transsexual personnel into US military ranks.

"At a conference on Monday in Washington, D.C., Canada was held up as a model for the U.S. to follow, along with other countries that allow transgender members including Australia, the United Kingdom, Sweden and New Zealand.

Canadian Lt.-Cmdr. Nicole Lassaline spoke on a panel about Canada's policies, medical and otherwise, and best practices, and Cpl. Natalie Murray shared her personal experience as a transsexual woman who transitioned from male to female while in the air force."

U.S. military urged to follow Canada s transgender policy - World - CBC News
We always do what the hist country says. Dumbass

Ok, before it devolves into a flamefest, what exactly is it that you want to happen?

I see a lot of "We don't hide" bluster. But I am not seeing what you want. Should US military members go out in uniform when it could put them in danger? Do you expect them to go out armed when that is in violation of local laws?
I expect there to be cooperation between the host country and the US, a more viable plan on how to deal with situations that can can anticipated and an operating procedure developed where there are situations that cannot be anticipated. If not, then the US should consider pulling out there military presence and support.

The fact that we are there makes us targets for terrorists. And we tend to put resources close to hotspots in the world.

I don't understand why it is such an issue to tell our military members not to wear their uniforms when they are off duty.

The reason why it is such an issue to tell our military members not to wear a uniform is simple, it leads to other such impositions of their military standards and protocols, such as accepting transsexual personnel into US military ranks.

"At a conference on Monday in Washington, D.C., Canada was held up as a model for the U.S. to follow, along with other countries that allow transgender members including Australia, the United Kingdom, Sweden and New Zealand.

Canadian Lt.-Cmdr. Nicole Lassaline spoke on a panel about Canada's policies, medical and otherwise, and best practices, and Cpl. Natalie Murray shared her personal experience as a transsexual woman who transitioned from male to female while in the air force."

U.S. military urged to follow Canada s transgender policy - World - CBC News

Let me clarify this for you. Our military members are told not to wear their uniform when off duty because there has been a threat to them. It is not about politics or politeness. It is about keeping our service members alive. A member of the US military in uniform is a target to some people. The idea that doing it leads to transgenders in the military is laughable.

Forum List

Back