The strong horse...doesn't hide it's uniforms...U.S. soldiers in Canada ordered not to wear uniforms

When I was in the Navy we were cautioned not to go on liberty in uniform when we were in Rota Spain. That was 1981..This is not new. US servicemen out on the town make an easy target.

Yes...the islamic terrorists see the geo political world very simply...they are the strong horse and the West is the weak horse....how can they tell...this cowardly stupidity...having American military soldiers keep their uniforms hidden when they are off duty...amazing...simply amazing...

and the amazingly stupid comment of the Canadian minister....

Exclusive U.S. Military in Canada Will Comply With No Uniform in Public Directive

The edict was issued by Canada's Department of National Defense on October 23 in the wake of two fatal attacks against Canadian forces that have been described as acts of terrorism by Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

“U.S. military personnel stationed in Canada will comply with the current Canadian forces uniform policy for off-duty and off-installation wear,” Preston Schlachter, a spokesman for U.S. Northern Command in charge of American troops in Canada, told Breitbart News.

The Canadian directive “prohibits” service members from wearing their military uniforms during off-duty activities such as shopping, eating out, and using public transportation, reported The Canadian Press (CP), which obtained a copy of the mandate.

Soldiers are allowed to wear their uniforms to and from work.

"Let me be clear, we will not hide," said Chief of the Canadian Defense Staff Gen. Tom Lawson, shortly after the Canadian National Defense issued the order, CP reported.

"We will not be deterred, nor intimidated from our duties," added the top Canadian general.

CP noted that the order is not sitting well “with some of the rank and file to whom the uniform is more than an article of clothing, but also a statement of pride and allegiance.”

"I'm not afraid to wear my [uniform] in public," said Canadian Lt. William McArthur. "It has come down that we will not be wearing our [uniforms] in public, but let's just say we respect the decision and we won't be wearing our [uniforms] in public.”

Wow...let me repeat the statement that the islamists are repeating to each other to gales of laughter at the Western "Weak Horse."

"Let me be clear, we will not hide," said Chief of the Canadian Defense Staff Gen. Tom Lawson, shortly after the Canadian National Defense issued the order, CP reported.

But all soldiers must....hide their uniforms when they are off duty so they can hide the fact that they are soldiers...but to repeat...we will not hide...

What a ******* moron....

Here is the actual proper response...

All Canadian and American millitary personel will be issued side arms to carry with them when off duty...and if they are confronted by islamic terrorists...either in groups or in packs...they will kill them on sight...

There...that might actually work to keep our people safe...

Just ask the British soldier who was off duty and out of uniform when the islamic terrorists cut off his head on a public street...

These people are ******* morons...we should all probably convert now and save the terrorists the effort, and the laughter...

I understand the need to have pride in our military. But that has little to do with this topic.

This is about US servicemen being ambushed by terrorists. If you need to bluster and blow about something, feel free. But the threat is very real for our men in uniform. Our first priority is to keep them safe when they are off duty.

The military should be wearing their uniforms.

In fact...the military should make an extra effort to wear their uniforms when they are off duty...aren't we always told if we change a behavior due to a terrorist attack...the terrorists win....

Hand out sidearms and beef up pistol training...that's the order that should be given...
a soldier is never off duty. Give him the tools to do the job 24/7; he sees a terrorist, shoot him in the ass.
So you want American soldiers walking around on Canadian streets shooting terrorists?

the British soldier was off duty and out of uniform when he was beheaded....

The one thing all these murdered soldiers had in common...they were unarmed...and the terrorists weren't....

3 cops were attacked by a terrorist with a hatchet....they killed him...because they were armed...

The terrorist who attacked the Canadian Parliament killed the soldier who had a gun but no bullets, and then was killed by a man who had a gun with bullets...

there seems to be something there...can anyone see what that is....?

the israeli military carry guns on duty...and off duty....often they carry up to AR-15s...

In fact...the military should make an extra effort to wear their uniforms when they are off duty...aren't we always told if we change a behavior due to a terrorist attack...the terrorists win....

Hand out sidearms and beef up pistol training...that's the order that should be given...
a soldier is never off duty. Give him the tools to do the job 24/7; he sees a terrorist, shoot him in the ass.
So you want American soldiers walking around on Canadian streets shooting terrorists?
Under the right circumstances, yes.

when the two Fort Hood shooters killed soldiers...the soldiers were unarmed...and on a U.S. Military installation...Same with the Navy Yard...

If I am not mistaken, the OP refers to US Military members in Canada. Whether they go armed when off duty is not up to our military, but to the local laws. And the uniform makes them more of a target.

If I am not mistaken, the OP refers to US Military members in Canada. Whether they go armed when off duty is not up to our military, but to the local laws. And the uniform makes them more of a target.

And Canada already passed the order to their own personnel the day of the shooting.

the British soldier was off duty and out of uniform when he was beheaded....

The one thing all these murdered soldiers had in common...they were unarmed...and the terrorists weren't....

3 cops were attacked by a terrorist with a hatchet....they killed him...because they were armed...

The terrorist who attacked the Canadian Parliament killed the soldier who had a gun but no bullets, and then was killed by a man who had a gun with bullets...

there seems to be something there...can anyone see what that is....?

Are you bailing out of your own topic by trying to change the subject... again?

That, along with your incessant "government schools" canard and the persistent inability to distinguish between the noun democrat and the proper adjective Democratic seem to be the sum of your entire M.O. Got anything else, or is that it?

Last edited:
When I was in the Navy we were cautioned not to go on liberty in uniform when we were in Rota Spain. That was 1981..This is not new. US servicemen out on the town make an easy target.
Bears repeating:

The idea of US GIs not wearing uniforms when on liberty is NOTHING NEW. Nothing new.

This thread is just another opportunity for the Muslim haters to express their bigotry, to have a 'we hate and despise all Muslims' party. They enjoy it so much; you can see from their posts. Such a pity to be so ignorant and full of hate.

BTW WB, I've been to Rota, Spain. Went there with my then boyfriend to visit some of his former Navy pals who were still in the Navy.

Reeeally....
Would you want Canadian soldiers here shooting, say, abortion clinic bombers?

Reeeally....
Read the post and stop being a trollish clown.

Reeeally....

Hey, you;re the one painted yourself into the corner. No, I'm not gonna bust a hole in the wall for ya...

Reeeally....

Hey, you;re the one painted yourself into the corner. No, I'm not gonna bust a hole in the wall for ya...
No corner moron. You bring up a ridiculous example and expect a serious answer. Go peddle your bullshit on someone who is interested in talking nonsense.

Go away clown just go away.

POGO-4-DAYS_666.jpg

Reeeally....

No corner moron. You bring up a ridiculous example and expect a serious answer. Go peddle your bullshit on someone who is interested in talking nonsense.

Go away clown just go away.

POGO-4-DAYS_666.jpg

Woooo.... Captain Thinskin caught with his pants down, goes full clown.

Film at 11.

Your own logic, dood.

Ok, before it devolves into a flamefest, what exactly is it that you want to happen?

I see a lot of "We don't hide" bluster. But I am not seeing what you want. Should US military members go out in uniform when it could put them in danger? Do you expect them to go out armed when that is in violation of local laws?

Ok, before it devolves into a flamefest, what exactly is it that you want to happen?

I see a lot of "We don't hide" bluster. But I am not seeing what you want. Should US military members go out in uniform when it could put them in danger? Do you expect them to go out armed when that is in violation of local laws?
I expect there to be cooperation between the host country and the US, a more viable plan on how to deal with situations that can can anticipated and an operating procedure developed where there are situations that cannot be anticipated. If not, then the US should consider pulling out there military presence and support.

I expect there to be cooperation between the host country and the US, a more viable plan on how to deal with situations that can can anticipated and an operating procedure developed where there are situations that cannot be anticipated. If not, then the US should consider pulling out there military presence and support.

The fact that we are there makes us targets for terrorists. And we tend to put resources close to hotspots in the world.

I don't understand why it is such an issue to tell our military members not to wear their uniforms when they are off duty.

The fact that we are there makes us targets for terrorists. And we tend to put resources close to hotspots in the world.

I don't understand why it is such an issue to tell our military members not to wear their uniforms when they are off duty.

The reason why it is such an issue to tell our military members not to wear a uniform is simple, it leads to other such impositions of their military standards and protocols, such as accepting transsexual personnel into US military ranks.

"At a conference on Monday in Washington, D.C., Canada was held up as a model for the U.S. to follow, along with other countries that allow transgender members including Australia, the United Kingdom, Sweden and New Zealand.

Canadian Lt.-Cmdr. Nicole Lassaline spoke on a panel about Canada's policies, medical and otherwise, and best practices, and Cpl. Natalie Murray shared her personal experience as a transsexual woman who transitioned from male to female while in the air force."

U.S. military urged to follow Canada s transgender policy - World - CBC News

Forum List

Back