The straw that broke the Camels back. 2012 will not even be close

The Republican best suited to beat President Obama would be the 2000 version of John McCain.

Seriously?

Romney has a chance..if he puts up Marc Rubio. I use to think Pawlenty or Huntsman would make a good running mate..but they've been stepping in crap. Mitch Daniels wouldn't have been bad either..but seems he's got some skeletons in his closet.

Christie or Giuliani are Dark Horse that have a real shot in the general as well.

But if they put up Perry, Bachmann or some other nut..it's the Democrats own fault if they lose it.

Dream ticket for Democratic success:

Perry/Bachmann
Perry/Cain

That would be sweet in any permutation.

Why do you favor Romney over Perry?

I don't really.

But a Perry Presidency is scary.

Romney is simply a shill for big business. I can live with that.

Seriously?

Romney has a chance..if he puts up Marc Rubio. I use to think Pawlenty or Huntsman would make a good running mate..but they've been stepping in crap. Mitch Daniels wouldn't have been bad either..but seems he's got some skeletons in his closet.

Christie or Giuliani are Dark Horse that have a real shot in the general as well.

But if they put up Perry, Bachmann or some other nut..it's the Democrats own fault if they lose it.

Perry/Bachmann
Perry/Cain

Why do you favor Romney over Perry?

I don't really.

But a Perry Presidency is scary.

Romney is simply a shill for big business. I can live with that.

Sallow look at this mess we are in now. what is it about Perry that scares you?
Texas has allot of work right now
I know, I am 700 miles from home working in Texas with ZERO work at home

It is what this country needs desperately, a leader that will stop the EPA from dictating policy for a start

The tea party is dropping and not gaining support.

The tea party's insane "I hope we can stop the debt limit from being raised" political tactic caused the downgrade.

The republicans refusal to a balenced approach that included raising taxes caused this downgrade.

As ever the tea party faction lives in their own little made up, fact free world.

Yeah. Like your golden Dems came out smelling like roses. NOT.

I want to make it clear that this thread includes allot of beltway repubs losing there jobs also. Our leaders failed us once again

In 2009 we should have been focused on these problems, not health care reform and union bailouts
Jobs and deficit cutting measures

Stock futures are in the tank
UE is getting worse
And for the first time sense we began to give "ratings" for ones status when it came to investing, Our Govt has been down graded

The tax payer and his 401 K is happy this morning

Come 2012 The president and most of congress will be looking for a new job, including some of the GOP
Its not even going to be close Libs

I really feel a tea party/libertarian type Government is about to take over

why?

Spending along with lack of discipline got us here, not lack of revenue
The tax payer had had enough
"pooky" will stay on the couch in 2012.
the tax payer will not this time

While I "wish" a Tea Party person could take the nomination, I think the voters-at-large will select a RINO, but the good news there will be all those wonderful "small- government, Constitution minded, politicians and voters, putting and keeping the pressure on the candidate, after he or she takes the election, and maybe by filling many more congressional seats. :clap2: They will save our country from bankruptcy, even though it will be a hard pill to swallow. We have let our addiction to spending get too far out of hand for an "easy fix" and both parties are responsible, as it was we who elected them.

I want to make it clear that this thread includes allot of beltway repubs losing there jobs also. Our leaders failed us once again

In 2009 we should have been focused on these problems, not health care reform and union bailouts

You can't create jobs and cut the deficit at the same time. The deficit, whether you like it or not,

is keeping hundreds of thousands employed.

Obama is safe in 2012!

No presidential candidate can win the Republican nomination without the support of the Tea Party

BUT

No Republican presidential candidate supported by the Tea Party is moderate enough to attract the moderate "swing vote" in the middle.

UE is getting worse
And for the first time sense we began to give "ratings" for ones status when it came to investing, Our Govt has been down graded

Come 2012 The president and most of congress will be looking for a new job, including some of the GOP

why?

The "no lack of revenue argument" only convinces those who believe we can and "should" run the Federal Government on 13% of GDP. Thankfully, that is a minority of Americans.

The tea party's insane "I hope we can stop the debt limit from being raised" political tactic caused the downgrade.

The republicans refusal to a balenced approach that included raising taxes caused this downgrade.

As ever the tea party faction lives in their own little made up, fact free world.

Wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong, as usual.

Because they don't know what that clusterfuck Obamacare is gonna cost em and they now have even more Regs to deal with.

I'd sit on my money as well.

Wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong, as usual.

We have reached the breaking point with this mess. That guy has a rude awakening coming. The tea party/Libertarian mind set is about to take hold for a while. The standard way of doing business in Washington has went in 7 years from a 162 billion dollar budget short fall to S&P down grading the US government
They say us not raising taxes caused it and we face the number of people who have lost there job sense 08 of over 6 million. I am telling you this is the straw that broke the camels back.
The American tax payer has had enough of both sides except those who want smaller govt and free market solutions

You can't create jobs and cut the deficit at the same time. The deficit, whether you like it or not,

is keeping hundreds of thousands employed.

can you explain to me how we did it in 2007 then?
thats the point here and has been the point
all of this additional spending has done nothing for the work force

UE is getting worse

why?

The "no lack of revenue argument" only convinces those who believe we can and "should" run the Federal Government on 13% of GDP. Thankfully, that is a minority of Americans.

Look the lack of revenue comes from what?
I keep asking the same question over and over and over and over and over and no-one has answered it yet
how can we be within 162 billion of breaking even in 2007 with IRAQ wide open and we over budget that much in one month now?
The work force has shrunk by 6 million, that revenue has been lost. But that has not added over 1 trillion dollars to our deficit each year
And whats wrong with budgeting our country with a % of GDP? You got have some baseline or you end up where we are
I am not sure where you got the 13% number

The Republicans can still find a way to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory..

Joe I really feel as though the beltway republican is on his way out also. The reason the debt limit was supposedly went the way it went was to prevent the very exact events that are taking place now
People just thought things were bad in 2007 when they put the dems in office and the

any way thats my opinion

Well, I'm not so sure.

The only guy I see having legs against Obama is Perry. Romney is dull and belongs to a goofy cult. Bachmann is crazy and Palin is stupid.

The sad thing is, as bad as things are now, Obama could make things just a little better next year and claim success, and the media will pretend it's true.

Heck, since we are all into comparisons to Jimmy Carter, Carter made a pretty strong showing of it until the last few weeks before the election, and Reagan was an exceptional politician.

You call Palin stupid and ignore the fact she left Alaska with a surplus as well as jobs being created and you ignore the president has spent well over 2 trillion dollars we do not have and at the same time we have lost about 6 million jobs
And Palin is the stupid one?
What did you say Bachmann is? Crazy?

Last edited:
The Republican best suited to beat President Obama would be the 2000 version of John McCain.

Seriously?

Perry/Bachmann
Perry/Cain

Why are the only ones who seem to think highly of a possible Romney ticket are liberals like Shallow and Hairbrainer?

Forum List

Back