if Trump cuts the corporate tax even by 5 percent, companies that left America to China will be back

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Interesting article from a Chinese business man...

'Made in China' could soon be made in the US

John Ling, president of the Council of American States in China, makes a living finding prospective investment locations in the U.S. for Chinese companies.

"In every project I help to land in the U.S., if I cannot present evidence that they can lower their costs, my chance of doing [the deal] in the U.S. is almost zero," he told CNBC. "Cost is driving this."

American workers earn a lot of money compared to their counterparts in China, but the U.S. can still come out on top when costs are taken as a whole.

For Hangzhou-based textile manufacturer Keer Group, American workers were paid on average twice as much as workers in China, according to the firm's president, Zhu Shanqing. In aggregate, however, producing in the America is significantly less compared to China.

"In the U.S., land, electricity and cotton are all much cheaper," Zhu said. "My production cost per ton of textiles is 25 percent lower [there]."

In addition, he said, wages for him in China have been increasing 30 percent each year for much of the past decade. He has pledged $220 million to build and expand a facility in South Carolina and plans to eventually move the entire business to the U.S. where he plans to employ more than 500 people by the end of the year.

Add in the possibility of a lower corporate tax to as little as 15 percent, as proposed by Trump, and the U.S. becomes a no-brainer for many manufacturers Zhu said.

"If Trump cuts the corporate tax even by 5 percent, companies that left America a few years ago, will be back," he said.

The stable business environment

Compared to many other countries, especially in the emerging world, China has been a stalwart of stability for manufacturers for decades. However, the U.S. does have some selling points that Chinese companies don't really like to talk about on record: better air, safer food, straightforward access to funding and a government that doesn't intervene.

U.S. state politicians will pitch to a foreign company to bring in the jobs, but once they've invested, it's said the American officials leave them alone. Once a company is in the U.S., Chinese or not, it is treated like any other company.

The proximity to the U.S. consumer

Chinese consumers are the spenders of the future, but Americans are the buyers of today. As Chinese companies grow in stature and expand their footprint overseas, many of them see the U.S. market as the holy grail.

Guangzhou-based GAC Motor, which is eyeing the U.S. market, says partnering with a stateside automaker or even building its own American plant one day is in the cards.

"If we can succeed in the U.S. market, we can succeed anywhere in the world," President Yu Jun told CNBC, adding that having facilities in the U.S. makes a manufacturer more nimble to respond to a customer's needs.

"No matter if it's a good economy or a bad economy, the U.S. is still the number one market for any company in the world," Ling explained. "So certainly, naturally you want to be closer to where your customers are."

Last edited:
Notice how he said electricity is cheaper here then China? Why is that...

I'd rather see a corporate income tax cut than a personal one at first. Cut the CIT, boom the economy, then cut the personal rates.

I'd rather see a corporate income tax cut than a personal one at first. Cut the CIT, boom the economy, then cut the personal rates.
I agree but the Corporations that can do the most growing are LLC's. and we pay as individuals. All tax rates need to be dropped not just the big ones.

Well, this should be interesting.
Compare what they are paying workers in China versus what American workers.
Secondly, how is the revenue going to made up regarding tax receipts. When W cut capital gains and dividends taxes, it was going to pay for itself and also stimulate the economy and jobs. The result was almost half the jobs that were created, were created offshore and we are still paying for those tax cuts.

Well, this should be interesting.
Compare what they are paying workers in China versus what American workers.
Secondly, how is the revenue going to made up regarding tax receipts. When W cut capital gains and dividends taxes, it was going to pay for itself and also stimulate the economy and jobs. The result was almost half the jobs that were created, were created offshore and we are still paying for those tax cuts.

You bother to read what I highlighted? and contrary to liberal myth wages are rising in China

"In the U.S., land, electricity and cotton are all much cheaper," Zhu said. "My production cost per ton of textiles is 25 percent lower [there]."

Yes well corps and the wealthy are suffering, poor things. The companies have come back and gone to Mexico, due to cheaper labor and closer.

Not only do us taxpayers pay for them in our state, by tax credits and tax breaks from the Fed, but now in MI they will be able to keep the state tax for so many years, yes a law that the GOP in congress want. Now they also want to lower the state tax, so expect the sales tax, and gas tax to go up, because the middle and lower income need to help the wealthy and those corps.

87% OF LOST MANUFACTURING JOBS WERE AUTOMATED.
THEY NEVER LEFT.
THEY DON'T EXIST.
PERIOD!
WHAT IS IT THESE RIGHT WINGERS DON'T GET????????????

Yes well corps and the wealthy are suffering, poor things. The companies have come back and gone to Mexico, due to cheaper labor and closer.

Not only do us taxpayers pay for them in our state, by tax credits and tax breaks from the Fed, but now in MI they will be able to keep the state tax for so many years, yes a law that the GOP in congress want. Now they also want to lower the state tax, so expect the sales tax, and gas tax to go up, because the middle and lower income need to help the wealthy and those corps.
:lmao:
The Federal government has no claim to future perceived taxes. you dumbass bitch

THEY NEVER LEFT.
THEY DON'T EXIST.
PERIOD!

Once again you changed your tune, from greedy CEOs and offshoring jobs to automation will never bring those jobs back...why is that Rderp?

BTW I believe this guy waaaaaayyyy more then I do you

THEY NEVER LEFT.
THEY DON'T EXIST.
PERIOD!

Once again you changed your tune, from greedy CEOs and offshoring jobs to automation will never bring those jobs back...why is that Rderp?

I've always talked about automation. Duh!
While a company like Carrier is sending some jobs away, most of the job loss will be automation. According to the CEO which I've posted a half dozen times and still, some dumbass just can't get it. Why is that?

Notice how he said electricity is cheaper here then China? Why is that....
Because they burn coal.

Because the air in Beiijing is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

The way the air in PIttsburgh looked in the 1950s... you know... Pottersville... or Fritz Lang's "Metropolis".

The way much of American urban-area air looked, before we realized how we were poisoning ourselves and our children.

Oh, dear God, another 'Trickle-Down' holdout... rather like the last Japanese soldier to surrender on some desert island in the Pacific, thirty years after the war ended.

THEY NEVER LEFT.
THEY DON'T EXIST.
PERIOD!

I've always talked about automation. Duh!
While a company like Carrier is sending some jobs away, most of the job loss will be automation. According to the CEO which I've posted a half dozen times and still, some dumbass just can't get it. Why is that?

You never talked about automation until Trump was president, it was all about greedy CEOs and once again we are years away....and how convient you deleted Rdean...

Notice how he said electricity is cheaper here then China? Why is that....
Because they burn coal.

Because the air in Beiijing is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

The way the air in PIttsburgh looked in the 1950s... you know... Pottersville... or Fritz Lang's "Metropolis".

The way much of American urban-area air looked, before we realized how we were poisoning ourselves and our children.

Lmfao so in your world china s electricity is high because they burn coal? What world do you live in? Next you going to try to tell us California has cheap electricity because they use renewables?

...Lmfao so in your world china s electricity is high because they burn coal? What world do you live in? Next you going to try to tell us California has cheap electricity because they use renewables? .
From Popular Science, January 6, 2017:

"...Why does smog keep blanketing Beijing? Smog in China has many causes, including pollution from industries and traffic, but it tends to happen more often in the winter, when plummeting temperatures cause electricity demand to soar. This pollution can come from many sources, but burning coal has been linked to the largest number of air pollution deaths in China, causing 366,000 premature deaths in 2013.

In the winter, more families are turning on their heaters—and most of the energy used to run them comes from coal-fired power plants that send tiny particles of charred dust into the air.

Those tiny particles, or particulate matter, are what turns clean air into smog. Particles in the air can reduce visibility and contribute to acid rain, which can damage vegetation. The particles can also discolor buildings, but the primary concern with particulate matter is what it can do to the human body. Particles smaller than 10 micrometers are of particular concern to health experts, as particles that small can damage the lungs, aggravate asthma, and even cause heart attacks. Inhaling particulate matter can even prove fatal for people who have existing heart or lung conditions..."

http://www.popsci.com/why-is-smog-in-china-so-bad

From Fox News, December 19, 2016:

"...Authorities in the northern province of Hebei ordered coal and cement plants to temporarily shut down or reduce production. Elsewhere, hospitals prepared teams of doctors to handle an expected surge in cases of pollution-related illnesses.

China's air pollution is blamed on its reliance on coal and emissions from older cars..."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/12/19/north-china-cities-choked-by-smog-shut-factories-stop-cars.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next contestant, please...
tongue_smile.gif

...Lmfao so in your world china s electricity is high because they burn coal? What world do you live in? Next you going to try to tell us California has cheap electricity because they use renewables? .
From Popular Science, January 6, 2017:

"...Why does smog keep blanketing Beijing? Smog in China has many causes, including pollution from industries and traffic, but it tends to happen more often in the winter, when plummeting temperatures cause electricity demand to soar. This pollution can come from many sources, but burning coal has been linked to the largest number of air pollution deaths in China, causing 366,000 premature deaths in 2013.

In the winter, more families are turning on their heaters—and most of the energy used to run them comes from coal-fired power plants that send tiny particles of charred dust into the air.

Those tiny particles, or particulate matter, are what turns clean air into smog. Particles in the air can reduce visibility and contribute to acid rain, which can damage vegetation. The particles can also discolor buildings, but the primary concern with particulate matter is what it can do to the human body. Particles smaller than 10 micrometers are of particular concern to health experts, as particles that small can damage the lungs, aggravate asthma, and even cause heart attacks. Inhaling particulate matter can even prove fatal for people who have existing heart or lung conditions..."

http://www.popsci.com/why-is-smog-in-china-so-bad

From Fox News, December 19, 2016:

"...Authorities in the northern province of Hebei ordered coal and cement plants to temporarily shut down or reduce production. Elsewhere, hospitals prepared teams of doctors to handle an expected surge in cases of pollution-related illnesses.

China's air pollution is blamed on its reliance on coal and emissions from older cars..."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/12/19/north-china-cities-choked-by-smog-shut-factories-stop-cars.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next contestant, please...
tongue_smile.gif

What does that have to do with electricty cost tard? News flash ask your mommy or daddy electricity rates go up everywhere when it's cold out slide

Last edited:
THEY NEVER LEFT.
THEY DON'T EXIST.
PERIOD!

Is these 17,000 jobs automated?

Forum List

Back