The Stigma of Money

lasthope

Rookie
Sep 10, 2013
America has changed the world forever. No longer is there the free-spirited human nature, there once was, as was beset by the Native Americans. Money truly is the root of all evil, and it violates liberty. The concept alone is worse than living a life of fear of violent death.

As a consumer society, we are constantly subjected to relinquishing time and efforts in exchange for money, to earn a living. This is a major deception. The quote on quote, daily routine of “earning a living” is pointless, because acquiring money is inevitably superseded by meaningless expenditures, as we are all corrupted by avaricious sentiments to sustain life, an avarice of which there is no end.

Surviving has taken a new meaning, and because of that people without money suffer. I am not making any justifications for crime. Although, if people are identifying money as a tool for social dependency and temporary relief for peace; then we have created cowardice. In addition, cowardice is present in every crime. Society has also mistaken its values. In many aspects of life, there are monetary limitations that restrict people to act on their most precious desires. For most people, being wealthy is an insurmountable destiny.

Therefore, freedom is at jeopardy because there is no alternative to providing for a family without the struggle of making honest money, lest risk being charged with penalties as imposed by the law. I am not a Native American nor do I have any ancestry of the sort. However, I do believe money has eradicated the free-spirited human nature, of people as a whole, once had, before the concept was developed. In terms of life, I would rather be closer to death fighting in a battle as a warrior with a big heart, than to be farther away from death, have a false sense of social dependency, and deprivation of an ordinary person, consumer, and/or laborer for the personal gain of the most greedy and deceptive individual. This is why rebellions arise.

Last edited:
Jeez, what liberal college professor fed you full of that crap?

By way, it is quote/unquote, not "quote on quote".

Genesis 3:19 NIV
New International Version
By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return."

America has changed the world forever. No longer is there the free-spirited human nature, there once was, as was beset by the Native Americans. Money truly is the root of all evil, and it violates liberty. The concept alone is worse than living a life of fear of violent death.

As a consumer society, we are constantly subjected to relinquishing time and efforts in exchange for money, to earn a living. This is a major deception. The quote on quote, daily routine of “earning a living” is pointless, because acquiring money is inevitably superseded by meaningless expenditures, as we are all corrupted by avaricious sentiments to sustain life, an avarice of which there is no end.

Surviving has taken a new meaning, and because of that people without money suffer. I am not making any justifications for crime. Although, if people are identifying money as a tool for social dependency and temporary relief for peace; then we have created cowardice. In addition, cowardice is present in every crime. Society has also mistaken its values. In many aspects of life, there are monetary limitations that restrict people to act on their most precious desires. For most people, being wealthy is an insurmountable destiny.

Therefore, freedom is at jeopardy because there is no alternative to providing for a family without the struggle of making honest money, lest risk being charged with penalties as imposed by the law. I am not a Native American nor do I have any ancestry of the sort. However, I do believe money has eradicated the free-spirited human nature, of people as a whole, once had, before the concept was developed. In terms of life, I would rather be closer to death fighting in a battle as a warrior with a big heart, than to be farther away from death, have a false sense of social dependency, and deprivation of an ordinary person, consumer, and/or laborer for the personal gain of the most greedy and deceptive individual. This is why rebellions arise.

So in one short sentence you believe that the concentration of wealth among the very few will lead us to eventual revolution in some form. I pretty much agree with that, although I do not believe the rebellion/revolution will be a violent one.

Looks like someone decided to jump in at 'Full-on Crazy.'

This should be fun.

So in one short sentence you believe that the concentration of wealth among the very few will lead us to eventual revolution in some form. I pretty much agree with that, although I do not believe the rebellion/revolution will be a violent one.
Did we not already have a revolution...the Occupy Movement, which seems to have fizzled since 2011? I believe that is the closest we will come to a revolution on a national or international scale.

Last edited:

To quote Eric Cartman, "God damn hippies!"

Okay, lemme break it down as simply as possible. Whether or not you conform to the money system, feeding your family requires effort of some sort. Your options outside of our current system of currency and trade are to farm that food or to go hunter/gatherer. The problems with these methods are:

Hunter/Gatherer: The problem with this system is simple: there's just too many fucking people anymore. Without the high-density space usage that agriculture provides, there simply wouldn't be enough food out there to support everyone that's currently on the globe. It worked great for the nomads back when the population of the entire planet was somewhere under 2 bil, but nowadays, not so much.

Farming: How much space do you have? How much do you think you need to grow all the different food varieties that it requires to fully nourish a human being? Quite a bit of space. You could go with a more efficient method and just grow one type of food, then trade it with other farmers. Say you go with apples, and for all non-apple food stuffs your family requires you just trade those apples out. Now you have a new conundrum. . . not only do you need to find farmers with the food stuff that you need, but you have to find farmers who need apples in particular and are willing to trade for them. At some point, trading for anything becomes needlessly complicated.

This particular conundrum is why currency was invented in the first place. Rather than finding all sorts of people who all need apples in particular and have all the individual items that you need to sustain your family, you trade your apples to absolutely anyone who wants them for some sort of universal trading good that everybody who has anything to trade will automatically value. Something like. . . money? Yeah, currency.

So essentially what you're saying is that this system of economics that allows for simple trading and is literally the main facilitator of the kind of successful agriculture system that's required to feed people on the kind of scale the planet's working with, is the source of all evil and robs us of our freedom. ROBS US OF OUR FREEDOM! Lol! How? By freeing up the countless hours you'd have to spend travelling from person to person and finding guys who want apples?

If it weren't for money, you wouldn't have the time to sit here and spout poorly thought-out, dogmatic economic arguments on the internet. You'd be too busy farming, travelling around to trade your wares, and resting up to wake up with the sunrise and do it again in the morning.

Also, the meaningless expenditures aren't a product of deception. Nobody's actually under the impression that they'll cease to live without access to their 3G network. Most of these "meaningless" expenditures are made with full knowledge that the products purchased are recreational, not necessities.

This is not a product of avarice. This is a product of free time. Along with a universal trading good, we also have advancing technology, including that related to production. As production gets more efficient, the products manufactured become cheaper to make and, via economic competition, eventually become cheaper to acquire in terms of how much time the average person has to spend working to acquire the same goods. Due to advances in technology and the ability to trade simply (money), very little of the average person's daily hours have to be dedicated to securing his necessities. This leaves us with free time. Some of that time is spent continuing to labor/make money above and beyond what is required for survival. This money is either saved or spent on recreational shit. Some of that time is spent playing with that recreational shit or fucking off in general. These nonessential expenditures and time wasting are not evil. They are literally a benefit of, aside from technology, the universal trading good that allows us to trade any useful labor for literally any and every product we could possibly need.

So again I say quit complaining about the system that afforded you the free time to sit at your computer and do so. It makes you look stupid.

>> In the autumn of 2000, Daniel Suelo deposited his life savings—all thirty dollars of it – in a phone booth. He has lived without money ever since. And he has never felt so free, or so much at peace. “My wealth never leaves me,” he says. “Worrying about what could or should happen is a worse illness than what could or should happen.”

In The Man Who Quit Money, author Mark Sundeen tells the amazing story of how one man learned to live, sanely and happily, without earning, receiving, or spending a single cent. Suelo doesn’t pay taxes, or accept food stamps or welfare. He lives in caves in the Utah canyonlands, forages wild foods and gourmet discards, and accepts what is freely given him. He no longer even carries an I.D. Yet he manages to fulfill amply not only the basic human needs – for shelter, food, and warmth – but, to an enviable degree, the universal desires for companionship, purpose, and spiritual engagement. <<

Explored here: Idolatry for Beginners

Great program.

Last edited:
>> In the autumn of 2000, Daniel Suelo deposited his life savings—all thirty dollars of it – in a phone booth. He has lived without money ever since. And he has never felt so free, or so much at peace. “My wealth never leaves me,” he says. “Worrying about what could or should happen is a worse illness than what could or should happen.”

In The Man Who Quit Money, author Mark Sundeen tells the amazing story of how one man learned to live, sanely and happily, without earning, receiving, or spending a single cent. Suelo doesn’t pay taxes, or accept food stamps or welfare. He lives in caves in the Utah canyonlands, forages wild foods and gourmet discards, and accepts what is freely given him. He no longer even carries an I.D. Yet he manages to fulfill amply not only the basic human needs – for shelter, food, and warmth – but, to an enviable degree, the universal desires for companionship, purpose, and spiritual engagement. <<

Great program.

If one guy was happy with that program, good for him. On a grand scale, though, living in caves and playing hunter-gatherer. . . not nearly as efficient as how most societies live these days.

Come on now, cashless nomad living in caves? This is hardly a novel idea. I wanna say the nomads tried that at one point, along with many other early and prehistoric peoples. People generally stopped doing all that when they learned how to build houses and farm. This wasn't a mistake, this was in response to the sort of food shortages and hardships that are associated with living in caves and eating what you can get ahold of.

If this is actually anybody's idea of a superior way to live than the current, widely accepted cash-based economic system, I got four words for you. Famine. Disease. Mortality rate.

Nuff said.

Great program.

If one guy was happy with that program, good for him. On a grand scale, though, living in caves and playing hunter-gatherer. . . not nearly as efficient as how most societies live these days.

Come on now, cashless nomad living in caves? This is hardly a novel idea. I wanna say the nomads tried that at one point, along with many other early and prehistoric peoples. People generally stopped doing all that when they learned how to build houses and farm. This wasn't a mistake, this was in response to the sort of food shortages and hardships that are associated with living in caves and eating what you can get ahold of.

If this is actually anybody's idea of a superior way to live than the current, widely accepted cash-based economic system, I got four words for you. Famine. Disease. Mortality rate.

Nuff said.

" Efficient"? "Build houses"

Well there goes another point sailing over another head. Maybe you should have actually listened to it rather than skim a blurb and make assumptions. You've embarrassed yourself.

Great program.

Nuff said.

" Efficient"? "Build houses"

Well there goes another point sailing over another head. Maybe you should have actually listened to it rather than skim a blurb and make assumptions. You've embarrassed yourself.

I read the entire blurb you offered up and responded to the point that you appeared, based on the content therein, to be making.

Funny. . . I don't feel embarrassed :)

Forum List

Back