"The Speaker has gone lame."

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Boehner's negotiating stance in the ongoing effort to trim deficits and raise the debt ceiling by next Tuesday's deadline is hobbled; any credibility he had in claiming that his restive members could get behind a consensus debt deal has vanished. The Speaker has gone lame.

In a highly embarrassing development, Boehner must now move his bill to the right in order to secure enough votes from his own party.

But it's clear now that Speaker Boehner will need Democratic votes to get any compromise through the House. And that leaves the Republican leader with two options: abandon Tea Party freshmen and form a coalition between his most moderate members and 150+ Dems, or potentially allow the last best hope for a debt ceiling deal to fail in his chamber, with nothing but market panic left to make his members reconsider.

The weak speaker: How a failed debt vote disarmed the nation's top Republican - Yahoo! News

they cant win with them or without them.

The tea party is killing this country

We passed a plan Cut, Cap and Balance.

Where's Obama's Plan?

Where's Reid's?

Bonehead needs to get fired in 2012 from the Leadership position

Yeah right.

I guess he should be like Pelosi was, THREATEN them with their jobs if they don't vote the way he sees it.

I'm not a big fan of Boehner, but this is total bullshit.

Boehner's negotiating stance in the ongoing effort to trim deficits and raise the debt ceiling by next Tuesday's deadline is hobbled; any credibility he had in claiming that his restive members could get behind a consensus debt deal has vanished. The Speaker has gone lame.

In a highly embarrassing development, Boehner must now move his bill to the right in order to secure enough votes from his own party.

But it's clear now that Speaker Boehner will need Democratic votes to get any compromise through the House. And that leaves the Republican leader with two options: abandon Tea Party freshmen and form a coalition between his most moderate members and 150+ Dems, or potentially allow the last best hope for a debt ceiling deal to fail in his chamber, with nothing but market panic left to make his members reconsider.

The weak speaker: How a failed debt vote disarmed the nation's top Republican - Yahoo! News

you are both going to look like jackasses if boenher has the vote and it passes ( which I will say up front I think he will) .....

so, check your 'tenses'...or did you always bury something you did not like in those Labor negotiations you ran:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The TeaTards have made Boehner their bitch

It is embarassing what they have done to the once Grand Old Party

The tea party?

You mean that small group of people that are nothing but astroturf racists that are insiginificant and should be ignored?

They are ruining this country?

Gee....I would think the progressive movement would be able to overcome such a small insiginicant group of racists.

The tea party?

You mean that small group of people that are nothing but astroturf racists that are insiginificant and should be ignored?

Gee....I would think the progressive movement would be able to overcome such a small insiginicant group of racists.

:clap2:

TeaTards huh...

Interesting that a small group of insiginificant people you comapre to those that are mentally handicapped have a stronger hold on the nation than the progressives that make up "most of the country".

Perhaps the progressive movement should question why they are greater in number but less in strength.

And after that, question why they are deemed as "tards" and the progressives are deemed as intellectuals.

Last edited:

Coming from you , that is just so precious. :lol:
You have been so corrupted for so long, it is beyond me that you are able to detect up from down.
Is it that you are such an expert on embarrassment and humiliation???
Are you an expert on the practice of spending other peoples money irresponsibly with no viable means to repay?

Fucking Loon.

The tea party?

Nah, the progressive movement is going down in flames as this mess lies squarely at their feet... and people know it.

I will say it one more time- the push back among the house reps is mainly from the club for growth and older members how have been there before the tea party etc.

Forum List

Back