"The Slut Walk" - Where Women Try To Be Enticing and Repulsive At The Same Time

When asked whether women dress to impress men or other women, Sunny Shum, a buyer for Vancouver-based company Sterling Shoes, defers to Betsey Johnson. The fashion designer known for her quirky prints and flirty, girly dresses, once famously said, “Girls do not dress for boys. They dress for themselves and, of course, each other. If girls dressed for boys they’d just walk around naked at all times.”

Do Women Dress for Men? Or Other Women? | iVillage.ca

Hmm good article.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgV1-iCyEdA]Do women dress for men or other women - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
What I got from it was they are saying just because they dress a certain way it doesn't mean they are asking to be raped or attacked, I don't recall any of them saying not to look at them.

You misunderstand me. I don't think that women get raped because they wear sexy clothing. Only a depraved criminal will force himself on a woman. However, women do attract attention to themselves by dressing sexy. That is the whole point of dressing sexy.

then you need some education..... its not only depraved criminals who rape.

By definition a rapist IS a depraved criminal. Are you saying that a man who commits rape is not a depraved criminal?

You misunderstand me. I don't think that women get raped because they wear sexy clothing. Only a depraved criminal will force himself on a woman. However, women do attract attention to themselves by dressing sexy. That is the whole point of dressing sexy.

By definition a rapist IS a depraved criminal. Are you saying that a man who commits rape is not a depraved criminal?

I am saying they become a criminal the moment they go past the word no....

You know... the word NO you seem to feel... all it needs to change to yes... is a bit more coaxing.

Up to point of going past no... they are normal every day guys.

You know... the word NO you seem to feel... all it needs to change to yes... is a bit more coaxing.

By definition, non-consensual sex IS rape. Normal everyday guys are not rapists. If you think that normal everyday guys are rapists, you have an issue with men. A normal everyday man does not force himself on a woman. That is a criminally depraved act. Normal everyday guys are not criminally depraved.

By definition, non-consensual sex IS rape. Normal everyday guys are not rapists. If you think that normal everyday guys are rapists, you have an issue with men. A normal everyday man does not force himself on a woman. That is a criminally depraved act. Normal everyday guys are not criminally depraved.

Normal every day guys have just as much potential...to cross the line of no... as anyone else. Most men know that no means no.... some men like you...think all it needs to change is a bit more coaxing.

By definition.... no means no/stop. It does not mean coax me some more till i come around.

Good for you.

If you want to wear garter belt and stilettos because this is the only thing that make feel good about yourself, go for it.

Don't chastize women who like to dress sexy.:mad:

I'm not. If Sy wants to go out in public looking like a hooker it's fine by me. If it makes her feel good, that's all that's important.

Are you stigmatizing hookers? The women at the slut walk are in favor of legalizing prostitution. They say that hookers are just "sex-workers". They consider prostitution to be a dignified profession.

By the way, street hookers get raped often. They get raped not because of their slutty clothing, but because they are alone with men that they don't trust. Also, street hookers are often under the influence of drugs.

Rape has nothing to do with clothing. Women who don't take reasonable precautions are more likely to get raped. That is why street hookers get raped on the job but topless dances do not get raped on the job.

Don't chastize women who like to dress sexy.:mad:

I'm not. If Sy wants to go out in public looking like a hooker it's fine by me. If it makes her feel good, that's all that's important.

Are you stigmatizing hookers? The women at the slut walk are in favor of legalizing prostitution. They say that hookers are just "sex-workers". They consider prostitution to be a dignified profession.

By the way, street hookers get raped often. They get raped not because of their slutty clothing, but because they are alone with men that they don't trust. Also, street hookers are often under the influence of drugs.

Rape has nothing to do with clothing. Women who don't take reasonable precautions are more likely to get raped. That is why street hookers get raped on the job but topless dances do not get raped on the job.

So what you again say is..... dress like a slut get treated like a slut..

You dont have to say those exact words... its the end meaning of the words you do use.

Normal every day guys have just as much potential...to cross the line of no... as anyone else. Most men know that no means no.... some men like you...think all it needs to change is a bit more coaxing.

By definition.... no means no/stop. It does not mean coax me some more till i come around.

No, normal everyday guys do not rape women. Once someone crosses that line he becomes a criminally depraved rapist.

Normal sexual banter is not rape. The difference is that rape is when a man physically forces himself on a woman.

So what you again say is..... dress like a slut get treated like a slut..

You dont have to say those exact words... its the end meaning of the words you do use.

What I am saying is that the women at the slut walk are sending a conflicted message. They don't wan't to be considered sex objects yet they support legalized prostitution. Prostitution is the ultimate objectification of women.

I also made the point that rape has nothing to do with slutty clothing. Rape is committed by opportunistic criminal rapists.

No, normal everyday guys do not rape women. Once someone crosses that line he becomes a criminally depraved rapist.

Normal sexual banter is not rape. The difference is that rape is when a man physically forces himself on a woman.

aaahhhh.... and now we come to your real issue

That is what i said..... up to the time they cross over the word.... no. Shesh.. try and keep up.

So now we FINALLY get to the heart of your issue....The whole point of why you worded your OP the way you did... You think they are enticing...and then when you are enticed... they repulse you.

You want to sexually banter with women who are dressed in a way that you think is inviting....and they tell you to fuck off...

And this is why you think dress like a slut get treated like a slut is just fine...gotcha.

FYI.... how a woman is dressed is not an open invitation or come one.

aaahhhh.... and now we come to your real issue

That is what i said..... up to the time they cross over the word.... no. Shesh.. try and keep up.

So now we FINALLY get to the heart of your issue....The whole point of why you worded your OP the way you did... You think they are enticing...and then when you are enticed... they repulse you.

You want to sexually banter with women who are dressed in a way that you think is inviting....and they tell you to fuck off...

And this is why you think dress like a slut get treated like a slut is just fine...gotcha.

FYI.... how a woman is dressed is not an open invitation or come one.

syrenn, You have quite an imagination. lol. There is no hidden message in my OP.

By the way, I never wrote "dress like a slut, get treated like a slut". Jake wrote that.

By the way, IMO, "get treated like a slut" has nothing to do with rape. It means that you will attract a lot of attention from men and from women. Some positive attention and some negative attention. Women who dress like a slut usually know how to handle themselves. If they didn't like the attention they wouldn't dress that way.

Sometimes slutty women are good for the 4 F's if they're in the right mood. The ones at the slut walk are definitively not in the right mood. They seem to have a chip on their shoulders.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back