The Shitting On Veterans and Their Families in Full Swing

Here's a MUCH better idea, why don't you encourage your congress-critter to do something positive to bring civilian insurance costs in line with what veterans are paying?

I'm not in favor of government dictating prices to private businesses.

Neither am I. Nor am I in favor of ripping off people who put their lives on the line for basically peanuts. Especially when they've been promised certain standards.

No body is ripping anybody off.

We all volunteered to be in the military, we knew the risks and we all knew what was expected of us. In return for this, we got paid regularly and also got benefits.

The difference is that most of us never run around expecting to have our asses kissed for serving or constantly reminding people what "heroes" we are in some desperate attempt to feel important.

Get it filled at a military hospital clinic or hospital and you'll have no copay. Most of us don't enjoy that luxury so boo fucking hoo to you.

I think they all forgot they are part of the 47% that they hate on for being takers.

weird world we live in today

I'm not in favor of government dictating prices to private businesses.

Neither am I. Nor am I in favor of ripping off people who put their lives on the line for basically peanuts. Especially when they've been promised certain standards.

No body is ripping anybody off.

We all volunteered to be in the military, we knew the risks and we all knew what was expected of us. In return for this, we got paid regularly and also got benefits.

The difference is that most of us never run around expecting to have our asses kissed for serving or constantly reminding people what "heroes" we are in some desperate attempt to feel important.

:clap2:

Indeed.

And the pitiful political partisan attempts to capitalize on veteran's service records are becomming more meaningless every year: There seems to be some moronic hypothesis by both liberals and conservatives that the "right" owns the allegiance of veterans.

The data suggest there still is an effect of military service on candidate preference, but it is rather small and is overwhelmed by the effects of party affiliation.

Went to pick up my high blood pressure meds at the pharmacy yesterday. What has cost me $8 a bottle (30 day supply) under Tricare for ages - is now $44.00. I asked the pharmacist what's up and she said all Tricare co-pays have gone up. She told me (a good friend) - "You guys (Vets) are really getting screwed. I've never seen anything like this."

When I signed up and served for 23 years, I always knew I would be taken care of. Hell, I was guaranteed it! Thank God I can afford $44 a bottle - I feel bad for those veterans who can't.

Obama is fucking veterans ladies and gentlemen.

Fact.

You said you wanted the government to cut it's budget.

Went to pick up my high blood pressure meds at the pharmacy yesterday. What has cost me $8 a bottle (30 day supply) under Tricare for ages - is now $44.00. I asked the pharmacist what's up and she said all Tricare co-pays have gone up. She told me (a good friend) - "You guys (Vets) are really getting screwed. I've never seen anything like this."

When I signed up and served for 23 years, I always knew I would be taken care of. Hell, I was guaranteed it! Thank God I can afford $44 a bottle - I feel bad for those veterans who can't.

Obama is fucking veterans ladies and gentlemen.

Fact.

You said you wanted the government to cut it's budget.

Only for welfare mothers

From post #31 above: The greatest change in copays applies to non-formulary medications. The $25 copay for these drugs increases to $44 at retail pharmacies and $43 through Home Delivery.

you do realize that the increase in tricare co-pays has absolutely nothing to do with the affordable health care act, right?

I would suggest that you read the bill.

which one? the affordable health care act, which did not raise the tricare co-pays, or the fiscal year 2013 national defense authorization act, which required the increase?

Both
The affordable health care act which allowed changes in Medicare, that includes TriCare meds , changes made in 2001 to be done under Medicare and paved the way for the 2nd which was the national defense bill.

What does a Congressman receive as a retirement?

Hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

Its not quite that high, but it is pretty decent.

Congressional Retirement Facts | eHow.com

"In 2010, this means the gross pension for those currently retired under the FERS system is more than $63,000."

Not quite that high??

Huh??

My retirement pay after 23 years in the Nav is about $26,000 a year -

I assure you - I worked harder than Harry Reid or Nancy Pelosi

"In 2010, this means the gross pension for those currently retired under the FERS system is more than $63,000."

Not quite that high??

Huh??

$63,000 is not "hundreds of thousands of dollars a year" which was my point.

And if you want a congressional pension, run for Congress and hold office at least 5 years, simple.

As for what you're getting in retirement pay, I'll be retiring this year as a Master Sergeant and I know exactly what I'm getting in retirement pay after 20 years. I'm not crying about it. I knew how the retirement system worked when I decided to do 20 years.

Not quite that high??

Huh??

or Cantor or Boehner or Rand or Ryan and certainly Bachmann or Walsh or West or Akins

Our legies are not overworked for sure.

Forum List

Back