Zone1 the Scripture I said I would find about Torment of the damned being FOREVER

Yes, God does indeed keep those who go to hell and the lake of fire in a state of eternal torment. Understand that they made that choice. They chose that. They had another option to go to heaven, but they rejected that option. Likewise those who make it to heaven remain in a state of eternal bliss.

Those who make it to hell and later on to the lake of fire they will exist always in that location(s) Bible says God is with us always even if we make our bed in hell. God never forgets who anyone is. The choice you make is the choice you get. Read what I posted earlier about Lazarus. God is talking to the rich man while he is in hell -not forgetting who he is, but actually talking to him.

Psalm 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

That's Dante not scripture.

Each different Christian sect criticizes the others and accuses each other of receiving the beast in his/her head. A lot more tolerance is needed.

It's first century history. Revelation was contemporary.

Eternal damnation makes logical sense

We are supposed to do something about our sins (and the stains they leave) in THIS world. If we do not discipline ourselves and conform ourselves to Christ and HIS WAY, then it only makes sense we will be forced to ---do something similar in the next realm-- aka Hell. When you commit a mortal sin, you divorce yourself from God, who is absolutely holy and will NOT live with sin (In Heaven there is no sin or desire for sin).

Yes, it is often hard to conceive of a place of eternal torment. But Jesus spoke of this eternal punishment (See Mt 25:31). And again, it makes logical sense. You just may have to turn off your emotional side to understand it. I have no problem at this point accepting such. I have seen so much monstrous evil (I watch news regularly :oops:) that there is no way God is going to turn the other way forever (not that He is doing that now, but sometimes it seems like he is)

Forum List

Back