The Savior Bus

edward37

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2017
Trump's devotees remind me of people who have decided to wait at a bus stop because they know that a bus is scheduled every 10 minutes. (Bear with me: Such schedules actually exist in many cities, but mostly in countries other than the United States.)

One understands the logic of waiting for The Savior Bus: Their destination is 1.5 miles away, and walking would take 30 minutes. The bus ride takes 8 minutes, so even if they have just missed a bus and have to wait 10 minutes, taking that next bus saves them half of their time.

But the Savior Bus is late... by 5 minutes... by 10 minutes... "Shit. I have already waited 20 minutes, but if the bus comes NOW, I will still get there 2 minutes faster than if Iā€™d walked AND Iā€™ll have saved myself from walking through this sketchy ā€™hood." They stand by their decision.

Then, they have waited for 22 minutes. "Fuck, I would be there by now if I had walked. But if I start walking now, will the bus will come just few minutes after Iā€™ve left the bus stop? I will wait longer..."

After 30 minutes of waiting, the internal anger at having made a wrong decision builds up, but nobody wants to admit a bad decision. So they wait longer. And longer. The Savior Bus is still not there, and they have wasted one hour waiting. Then, they finally see a note taped on the schedule: ā€œThe service on this line has been canceled for the next 4 years.ā€

Any thinking person would admit to an error and start walking. Trump supporters today, having waited for 824 days, are like people who decide to STILL wait for The Savior Bus to save them from walking, not even fazed out by the fact that the local transit company has removed the bus stop sign.

Trump's devotees remind me of people who have decided to wait at a bus stop because they know that a bus is scheduled every 10 minutes. (Bear with me: Such schedules actually exist in many cities, but mostly in countries other than the United States.)

One understands the logic of waiting for The Savior Bus: Their destination is 1.5 miles away, and walking would take 30 minutes. The bus ride takes 8 minutes, so even if they have just missed a bus and have to wait 10 minutes, taking that next bus saves them half of their time.

But the Savior Bus is late... by 5 minutes... by 10 minutes... "Shit. I have already waited 20 minutes, but if the bus comes NOW, I will still get there 2 minutes faster than if Iā€™d walked AND Iā€™ll have saved myself from walking through this sketchy ā€™hood." They stand by their decision.

Then, they have waited for 22 minutes. "Fuck, I would be there by now if I had walked. But if I start walking now, will the bus will come just few minutes after Iā€™ve left the bus stop? I will wait longer..."

After 30 minutes of waiting, the internal anger at having made a wrong decision builds up, but nobody wants to admit a bad decision. So they wait longer. And longer. The Savior Bus is still not there, and they have wasted one hour waiting. Then, they finally see a note taped on the schedule: ā€œThe service on this line has been canceled for the next 4 years.ā€

Any thinking person would admit to an error and start walking. Trump supporters today, having waited for 824 days, are like people who decide to STILL wait for The Savior Bus to save them from walking, not even fazed out by the fact that the local transit company has removed the bus stop sign.

GORSUCH

KAVANAUGH

edward37 reminds me of a dumbass
your whole OP is BABBLE
babĀ·ble
/Ėˆbabəl/
Learn to pronounce
verb
  1. 1.
    talk rapidly and continuously in a foolish, excited, or incomprehensible way
babble definition - Google Search

Everybody knows only poor democrats take the bus.

Us Trump supporters own gas hog SUV's and never ride disgusting public transit.

One thing is certain, like a bus, a deranged anti Trump thread arrives every 10 minutes with no late arrivals....Ever.

your whole OP is BABBLE
babĀ·ble
/Ėˆbabəl/
Learn to pronounce
verb
  1. 1.
Don't get angry at me cause you're still waiting for the bus

Everybody knows only poor democrats take the bus.

Us Trump supporters own gas hog SUV's and never ride disgusting public transit.

One thing is certain, like a bus, a deranged anti Trump thread arrives every 10 minutes with no late arrivals....Ever.
HEY it's fathers day Cut me a break Huh?

Do you have to make long-winded analogies because you haven't found anything actual to criticize him on?

Roaring economy, lowest unemployment rates ever.... the list goes on. And this guy was of course, supposed to be a complete disaster.

your whole OP is BABBLE
babĀ·ble
/Ėˆbabəl/
Learn to pronounce
verb
  1. 1.
Don't get angry at me cause you're still waiting for the bus
what bus? bus???!!

EY it's fathers day Cut me a break Huh?
Just this once...
14822-MMS-1560688924544-attachment1-src_op_3515b2435c7647af7.png

Do you have to make long-winded analogies because you haven't found anything actual to criticize him on?

Roaring economy, lowest unemployment rates ever.... the list goes on. And this guy was of course, supposed to be a complete disaster.
Roaring economy Yeah for billionaires For Ivanka and her husband ,,,but for you ?? Zilch nadda nothing And 2 months with less than 100k employed?? Did you know Obama had 75 STRAIGHT months of 6 digit employment?

Roaring economy Yeah for billionaires For Ivanka and her husband ,,,but for you ?? Zilch nadda nothing And 2 months with less than 100k employed?? Did you know Obama had 75 STRAIGHT months of 6 digit employment?

For those who know what the word "work" means. That would be American people.

For leftists it's miserable of course, seeing their neighbors get rich is unbearable.

For leftists it's miserable of course, seeing their neighbors get rich is unbearable.
I don't know about you or your friends but I'm doing quite well and friends are too How are all those Repub farmers doing ?? Did they get their welfare checks yet?

I don't know about you or your friends but I'm doing quite well and friends are too How are all those Repub farmers doing ?? Did they get their welfare checks yet?

In Trump economy... even leftist losers do well.

It's a thing of beauty.

You need a hobby or something.

Nice narrative. However, the first month Trump was in office, I was better off than 8 years of Obama. So, in my case, the bus took me to the promised land.

When you do a copy-and-paste, you may want to link your source...

When you do a cut-and-paste, you may want to link your source...
Sorry I would have but where I got it from had no source It was just another posters post

Nice narrative. However, the first month Trump was in office, I was better off than 8 years of Obama. So, in my case, the bus took me to the promised land.
Well going into debt by offering more benefits to billionaires sure worked Just get ready for dumpty Trump going for a fall soon His BS can't last

You need a hobby or something.
LOL my wife tells me the same thing

Forum List

Back