The Santa Claus Syndrome

Buck111

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2016
On the big blue marble
The Santa Claus Syndrome

By Ethan Indigo Smith

Contributing Writer for Wake Up World

The Santa Clause: Lying is OK, so long as everyone else is doing it.

The Santa Claus Syndrome is the effect of societal complicity in, and/or complacency to, lies and the belief that’s ok.

Take a moment to imagine yourself an outsider and visitor to a new culture. Imagine if you will an annual global celebration so fantastic that people excitedly await it all year long. Imagine the celebration correlates the winter solstice. Imagine the celebration is so spectacular and grandiose that it spurs the sales of products worldwide and some businesses exist solely because of it. Imagine that nearly all businesses profit from it and promote it. Imagine that the main part of the celebration, for most people, aside from sparkling decorations and elaborate gift giving, is openly lying to young children!

Most everyone celebrates the holiday, but those who do not celebrate it are expected to go along with the tradition of broadly lying to children and accepting the excessive materialism out of consideration for cultural tradition.

The Santa Clause Syndrome

The Santa Claus Syndrome

By Ethan Indigo Smith

The Santa Claus Syndrome is the effect of societal complicity in, and/or complacency to, lies and the belief that’s ok.

Take a moment to imagine yourself an outsider and visitor to a new culture. Imagine if you will an annual global celebration so fantastic that people excitedly await it all year long. Imagine the celebration correlates the winter solstice. Imagine the celebration is so spectacular and grandiose that it spurs the sales of products worldwide and some businesses exist solely because of it. Imagine that nearly all businesses profit from it and promote it. Imagine that the main part of the celebration, for most people, aside from sparkling decorations and elaborate gift giving, is openly lying to young children!

Most everyone celebrates the holiday, but those who do not celebrate it are expected to go along with the tradition of broadly lying to children and accepting the excessive materialism out of consideration for cultural tradition.

The entire american paradigm floats on a perpetual cloud of illusion. and any who question must be decried.

Ah...the irony:

2158_G.jpg

What's the difference between the Children & Adults on Christmas? Eventually the children grow up to realize Santa isn't real, but adults don't ever grow up because they insist Jesus is and will kill you if you disagree.
6ae0a7a61423ba8feb9e4e99e7727061.jpg

Yup the Santa Claus Sin( syndrome) thieving from Gd by knowing when you are bad or good and being prayed to as well instead of Gd ... Makes one wonder why little pointy eared demons help him out and how he can withstand the scorching heat coming out of a chimney without it bothering him... I could go on but yup makes one wonder ...Good old Satan Claws.....Ho ho ho...

Yup the Santa Claus Sin( syndrome) thieving from Gd by knowing when you are bad or good and being prayed to as well instead of Gd ... Makes one wonder why little pointy eared demons help him out and how he can withstand the scorching heat coming out of a chimney without it bothering him... I could go on but yup makes one wonder ...Good old Satan Claws.....Ho ho ho...
Soooo...Santa Claus is an evil lie we tell children, but the invisible Magic Man in the Sky? That's real, and should be taken seriously? Really? And you don't even see the irony here, do you?

Soooo...Santa Claus is an evil lie we tell children, but the invisible Magic Man in the Sky? That's real, and should be taken seriously? Really? And you don't even see the irony here, do you?
Magic man in the sky is a pagan/ Christian concept....Gd is without form certainly not a man as per numbers 23:19 among other places... Many are mistaken if they teach Gd as a man or any form under heaven.... Quite frankly I understand your disdain and do not blame you for it....There are many mistaken ideas partly because the original concepts were lost or what is believed today has been so perverted over time... Regardless even the word god and gad ( meaning troop or a son of Jacob)are interchangeable . There were many gods as each group had their own bible( written document) . The concept of Gd as I understand it is the Gd of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob and no other. The Hebrews had a poetic way of explaining the concept unfortunately many who came along later took these meanings literally that is why there is much confusion on the subject.. one day when we have our own platform like a rebuilt temple we can teach our concept whether you believe it or don't is your choice...

Magic man in the sky is a pagan/ Christian concept....Gd is without form certainly not a man as per numbers 23:19 among other places... Many are mistaken if they teach Gd as a man or any form under heaven.... Quite frankly I understand your disdain and do not blame you for it....There are many mistaken ideas partly because the original concepts were lost or what is believed today has been so perverted over time... Regardless even the word god and gad ( meaning troop or a son of Jacob)are interchangeable . There were many gods as each group had their own bible( written document) . The concept of Gd as I understand it is the Gd of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob and no other. The Hebrews had a poetic way of explaining the concept unfortunately many who came along later took these meanings literally that is why there is much confusion on the subject.. one day when we have our own platform like a rebuilt temple we can teach our concept whether you believe it or don't is your choice...
...and is just as made up as Santa Claus.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I don't give a shit if you want to believe in, and tell your kids about, your made up magic man/sky spirit, or whatever other mythical form you want to assign your make believe mythology.

But don't you think it's more than a little hypocritical to vilify someone else's made up bullshit, while simultaneously maintaining your own is inviolate?
Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Last edited:
and is just as made up as Santa Claus."
So now you think evolution is made up or that stability and completion(Shalem) is nonsense and defining life and bringing order to it's chaos is silly. So that would make you a devolutionist slacker stasist who comments on forums about words he never defines, using technology he doesn't understand, questioning an ideology he doesn't understand, a religion he knows nothing about gotten second hand by those he also doesn't believe are sane.
Way to go, you just proved mankind truly is going backward and towards chaos rather then forward evolving towards order and wholeness (Shalem).

The Santa Claus Syndrome

By Ethan Indigo Smith

Confucius believed that traditions were important for societies.

So now you think evolution is made up or that stability and completion(Shalem) is nonsense and defining life and bringing order to it's chaos is silly. So that would make you a devolutionist slacker stasist who comments on forums about words he never defines, using technology he doesn't understand, questioning an ideology he doesn't understand, a religion he knows nothing about gotten second hand by those he also doesn't believe are sane.
Way to go, you just proved mankind truly is going backward and towards chaos rather then forward evolving towards order and wholeness (Shalem).

I don't think evolution is nonsense. I think attempting to impose an order where none exists is futile, and I think belief in some invisible intelligence that "made it all happen", and takes a personal interest in the lives of every person on the planet is silly, and made up. You talk about God as if it is real, but mock, and vilify others for talking about Santa as if it is real. As there is no more proof of the existence of either one, doesn't that strike you as more than a little bit hypocritical?

I don't think evolution is nonsense. I think attempting to impose an order where none exists is futile, and I think belief in some invisible intelligence that "made it all happen", and takes a personal interest in the lives of every person on the planet is silly, and made up. You talk about God as if it is real, but mock, and vilify others for talking about Santa as if it is real. As there is no more proof of the existence of either one, doesn't that strike you as more than a little bit hypocritical?

You do realize that to discuss a topic like God you have to first define the word and recognize since it means something different to each culture and individuals within it helps to know what the other person is defining.
You proved to use Christian definitions on a Judaic concept, which means you are as much a dupe as the flock you make fun of.
They tainted both followers and non followers alike.

Now Mr. Smarty, what do you think is being described by Judaism as God?

You do realize that to discuss a topic like God you have to first define the word and recognize since it means something different to each culture and individuals within it helps to know what the other person is defining.
You proved to use Christian definitions on a Judaic concept, which means you are as much a dupe as the flock you make fun of.

Why don't you tell us? Is the God of Judaism intelligent? Is it Omnipotent? Is it Supernatural? Is it invisible? if the answer to any of those questions is yes, then it is just as made- up as the God of any other monotheistic religion. You see, unless you want to suggest that "God' is nothing more than the natural progression of the universe, then your God is a myth, and if it is just the natural progression of the universe, then there is already a term for that, and it isn't God - it's the Universe.

So now you think the ancient age understood universe or natural law?
1) in Judaism they use G-d to show you the difference.
2)it means power and source of life.
3)G-d has many names (descriptions) but they aren't actually names you give figures and forms, they are defining words you give Essences(intangibles).
YHWH means causes to be.
Shalem means stability, Completeness, wholeness=to progress to all we could and should be=Evolve.
4)Oral tradition on Abraham is that he recognized idols could not defend themselves from being broken or stolen.
He realized the sun nor moon nor stars nor wind nor figure of a man was the source and power of creation for they all had further more finite processes in creating them.
Therefore themost finite expression of creation is that Essence to be, that Essence to live, that Essence to BECOME COMPLETE AND WHOLE.=Evolution.

This is why they rejected idols and men claimed gods and pagan deities (figures and forms). By doing so they became unpopular and suffering servants in removing archaic age thinking and behaviors, like tantrums when telling kids Santa isn't real, or telling Atheists that since life exists the argument is not over is there a source (G-d), but in defining that source.
Because Atheist and agnostics don't define that source, they do not define our purpose and place within, and all understanding and morality and ethics become confused and subjective, even argued over through no path or guideline that lacking definitions bring us.
Which brings us to the need to record history and lessons to recognize emulations and failures as to not repeat history and "unstable" patterns it brings.
Remember, it's about becoming Shalem, which is why the focus of the world is on the holy city of Shalem. That notion is even on the US dollar bill, that Capstone seperated from the pyramid is to remind us that we were and are not yet complete and whole.

Sources:
Isaiah 42:8 we can't pray to any image of anything physical- Exodus 20:3-7 and Deuteronomy 5:8-10
God is not a man nor form-(Isaiah 2:22, 14:13, I Samuel 15:29, Numbers 23:19, and Hosea 11:9, Deuteronomy 4:11-12 and the 13 major principles of the Jewish faith based on the Rambam's teaching of "ain lo demus haguf ve'ayno guf" -- that Hashem has no physical form.)

The Gemarah (Baba Batra 75) Tells us Jerusalem is named after G0D and is the place commemorating his name(description)& essence.
In Sefer D’varim (12:5, 11, 14, 18, 21; 14:23,24, 25; 15:20; 16:2, 6, 7, 11, 15, 16; 17:8, 10; 18:6; 26:2; 31:11).the place that I will choose to place My Name(the messenger of God shares this name and reflects this Essence). That is referring to YeruShalem because Sifri identifies the place which Hashem will choose (12:18) as “Yerushalayim”.
Shalem means completeness/wholeness thus describing the Essence to be all we could and should be aka evolve/progress.
YeruShalem would carry the name. (1 Kings 11:36 &
in dead sea scrolls: Words of the Archangel Michael scroll 4Q529, 6Q23)

Why it's in the top messenger's scroll?
Because Shalem is the Evening Star (Michael who rises-Dan 12:1-4)
Remember the saying: "Michael has God's name in him" ? They assumed it meant first name, because they didn't (don't) know the last name.

So now you think the ancient age understood universe or natural law?
1) in Judaism they use G-d to show you the difference.
2)it means power and source of life.
3)G-d has many names (descriptions) but they aren't actually names you give figures and forms, they are defining words you give Essences(intangibles).
YHWH means causes to be.
Shalem means stability, Completeness, wholeness=to progress to all we could and should be=Evolve.
4)Oral tradition on Abraham is that he recognized idols could not defend themselves from being broken or stolen.
He realized the sun nor moon nor stars nor wind nor figure of a man was the source and power of creation for they all had further more finite processes in creating them.
Therefore themost finite expression of creation is that Essence to be, that Essence to live, that Essence to BECOME COMPLETE AND WHOLE.=Evolution.

This is why they rejected idols and men claimed gods and pagan deities (figures and forms). By doing so they became unpopular and suffering servants in removing archaic age thinking and behaviors, like tantrums when telling kids Santa isn't real, or telling Atheists that since life exists the argument is not over is there a source (G-d), but in defining that source.
Because Atheist and agnostics don't define that source, they do not define our purpose and place within, and all understanding and morality and ethics become confused and subjective, even argued over through no path or guideline that lacking definitions bring us.
Which brings us to the need to record history and lessons to recognize emulations and failures as to not repeat history and "unstable" patterns it brings.
Remember, it's about becoming Shalem, which is why the focus of the world is on the holy city of Shalem. That notion is even on the US dollar bill, that Capstone seperated from the pyramid is to remind us that we were and are not yet complete and whole.

Sources:
Isaiah 42:8 we can't pray to any image of anything physical- Exodus 20:3-7 and Deuteronomy 5:8-10
God is not a man nor form-(Isaiah 2:22, 14:13, I Samuel 15:29, Numbers 23:19, and Hosea 11:9, Deuteronomy 4:11-12 and the 13 major principles of the Jewish faith based on the Rambam's teaching of "ain lo demus haguf ve'ayno guf" -- that Hashem has no physical form.)

The Gemarah (Baba Batra 75) Tells us Jerusalem is named after G0D and is the place commemorating his name(description)& essence.
In Sefer D’varim (12:5, 11, 14, 18, 21; 14:23,24, 25; 15:20; 16:2, 6, 7, 11, 15, 16; 17:8, 10; 18:6; 26:2; 31:11).the place that I will choose to place My Name(the messenger of God shares this name and reflects this Essence). That is referring to YeruShalem because Sifri identifies the place which Hashem will choose (12:18) as “Yerushalayim”.
Shalem means completeness/wholeness thus describing the Essence to be all we could and should be aka evolve/progress.
YeruShalem would carry the name. (1 Kings 11:36 &
in dead sea scrolls: Words of the Archangel Michael scroll 4Q529, 6Q23)

Why it's in the top messenger's scroll?
Because Shalem is the Evening Star (Michael who rises-Dan 12:1-4)
Remember the saying: "Michael has God's name in him" ? They assumed it meant first name, because they didn't (don't) know the last name.
You talk in vague terms about the "essence" of existence, but refuse to answer my question: Is. That. Essence intelligent, and self aware? Yes, or no?

I did answer the question. The way you ask is vague, and subjective and might be coming from your confusing Creation with the Mediator messenger of creation.
A Non anthropromorphic precept has to be described & thus mediation is through that Essence reflected, emulated, and manifested by the top reflection (malakh). HENCE DEEMED "one like God" mediates between that nature and mankind, so man can know it's purpose, path, and place within creation so to best reflect, emulate, manifest that nature and know the difference between good and evil in relation without it being subjective.
The ancient age would confuse these things especially tainted by being thrusted into hellenized and paganized cultures.
Today is the same, we are tainted by foreign bastardized precepts, but also a lack of central platform to reach and teach( a Mikdash) is why people become confused.
YOU don't learn about Judaic precepts through Roman theologians anymore then you'd take flying lessons from a boating instructor.

You are one to criticize making fun of different flocks. That's all you do. You are no different than Czernobog. You are one in the same. Your argument for your faith is an attack against someone else's.

You are one to criticize making fun of different flocks. That's all you do. You are no different than Czernobog. You are one in the same. Your argument for your faith is an attack against someone else's.

Thank you, you just described Christianity:
"Your argument for your faith is an attack against someone else's."
The first step towards recovery is to recognize and self reflect through your own words and understanding you displace upon others.
Also you need to recognize when you ask
" is Michael the Moshiach I speak about"
When I merely post Bible and scroll verses it is actually the Moshiach the sages speak about-
prophecize about. Thus you inadvertantly admited the Bible speaks about Michael being the Moshiach.
Nowhere do you see the Temple or Holy City or Bible or Torah portions named after Jesus a non Hebrew name never known, & as required in prerequisites for secreting Moshiach.

And the oblivious person who said IeSous is the Greek and Jesus is Latin in one of these posts never stoped to ask: Why is the character in Latin even in interpreting Josephus, yet Moses, Abraham, David, Solomon, Joshua and all the other characters keep their Judaic names? :)

Forum List

Back