Gold Member
Dec 21, 2015
iran
its not man on horse . its Kurdish pants
w320

950472652-8893612871.jpg
a24_24282491.jpg
PHTO0185.JPG

Is there an ethical or religious significance to these pants?

Probably just an old custom, one of the few that stays on long after the original reason is forgotten, like kilts or neckties. And it looks like they could keep you afloat if you fall into the water.

Probably just an old custom, one of the few that stays on long after the original reason is forgotten, like kilts or neckties. And it looks like they could keep you afloat if you fall into the water.
Yes, it probably is just an old custom. Nonetheless, I am wondering if there is more to it, as this has been posted in the Religion and Ethics forum.

Anciently they were cavalry. Same as the Persians and Medes.

To ride a horse you need to wear pants.

That's where pants come from.

Infantry (like the Scottish and the Greeks) can wear kilts.

Anciently they were cavalry. Same as the Persians and Medes.

To ride a horse you need to wear pants.

That's where pants come from.

Infantry (like the Scottish and the Greeks) can wear kilts.

Which brings us back to "Probably just an old custom, one of the few that stays on long after the original reason is forgotten, like kilts or neckties.", unless you ride.

Do you suppose they're also cooler? I mean literally cooler, say, than form fitting trousers? It would be a lot easier for the women to sew them, too, not having to measure everyone's inseam and waist and back length. One balloony set of pants fits about all.
The Swedes who protect the Pope wear a similar cut. Wonder if they stole it from the Kurds.

Do you suppose they're also cooler? I mean literally cooler, say, than form fitting trousers? It would be a lot easier for the women to sew them, too, not having to measure everyone's inseam and waist and back length. One balloony set of pants fits about all.
The Swedes who protect the Pope wear a similar cut. Wonder if they stole it from the Kurds.

Don't foget MC Hammer.

The Vatican guards are Swiss not Swede

Don't foget MC Hammer.
I googled him! Very Kurdish pants! Easy to dance in, I'll bet.

The Vatican guards are Swiss not Swede
Those "Sw" countries---I get confused. Thanks.

Don't foget MC Hammer.

They look dangerous in high winds.

Don't foget MC Hammer.

The Flying Nun, in reverse.

Don't foget MC Hammer.

The Flying Nun, in reverse.

And rudderless.

Forum List

Back