The "Romney lost because of Sandy" thread

We've reached the tipping point where more people are taking out of the system than are paying in...Democrats promise more freebies...Republicans promise fiscal sanity. Now it's just a question over whether we continue along the path to becoming a very large Greece or we go back to being what made America the hope of the world.

Promising to spend an additional $2 TRILLION on defense spending that the Pentagon says we do not need is fiscal sanity? :lol:

Sounds like a Corporate Welfare, make-work jobs program to me.

If you want to put people to work, spend that money on infrastructure, fixing highways, bridges, etc.
It was brilliant of Willard to hire all of Bush, Jr's neocon warmongers with all their innovative ways to handle the economy. :tank:

welch_fake_outrage.jpg

I have no idea if Sandy will effect the outcome of the election.

But Sandy's dark clouds came with an economic silver lining.

When the government starts paying out money to help people, and when the insurance companies start paying out for damages, there will be a dramatic increase in economic activity as the cleanup and rebuilding starts.

Sandy put Obama over the top because it underscored the fallacy of Romney's argument that the way to solve our problems is to "give it all to the private sector and states".

Chris Christie embracing Obama after the storm pretty much deflated that argument.

Those "Lazy Government Workers" became heroes.

BTW I would also point out that Sandy hurts Obama more than Romney.

Think about it. People are still suffering the after effects. They arent happy with how the governments have responded. It's dislocated quite a number of Obama supporters from their homes. And while I would hope people will still vote regardless, there are a lot of people who probably wont vote in blue areas because they have more important concerns.

Meanwhile, the more conservative areas of the states have not been hit as badly. Meaning they will still likewise turn out.

The media has been proclaiming since it happened how much Sandy has helped Obama, but I really dont think it has. But I guess Ill have to wait till tomorrow to find out. I dont know if hurts Obama enough to put Jersey and NY in play. But i certainly dont think it hurts Romney. Especially among the people seriously pissed about lack of power, gasoline, heat/food, etc.

Hard hit Richmond County, NY is Republican. They voted overwhelmingly for Bush and McCain.

We've reached the tipping point where more people are taking out of the system than are paying in...Democrats promise more freebies...Republicans promise fiscal sanity. Now it's just a question over whether we continue along the path to becoming a very large Greece or we go back to being what made America the hope of the world.

LOL. Promise fiscal sanity? Really? And what was the record on fiscal sanity from 2001 to 2009? Two wars off of the books. A tax cut while we were at war. Policies that damned near put us into the Second Great Republican Depression.

You 'Conservatives' keep claiming that mantra, but the truth is exactly opposite. You and your kind created the economic debacle. And you would create an even worse one if allowed in power again.

I expect that the excuse will be the same one used against McCain, i.e. Romney isn't a real conservative. The Tea Baggers will redouble their effort to defeat any candidate that doesn't pass their wingnut litmus test.

Forum List

Back