The Role of Intelligence in Modern Society

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Look everybody, good intention paving the road to hell.

And of course, those good intentions are driven by the arrogance inherent in liberalism. "We know better, we care more, you're an asshole."

oh no - I dont understand.

Im just a little female who gets nothing. oh darn. oh sob...big tears. Help me, Ive fallen into the ineptitude of dicklicker.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by musicman
And of course, those good intentions are driven by the arrogance inherent in liberalism. "We know better, we care more, you're an asshole."

That's about the size of it. Maybe if we spent a little more resources on teaching the bright students we could produce a few people capable of competing globally. We got to develop our strong players. It's stupid not to. I know, I'm practicing eugenics.

That's about the size of it. Maybe if we spent a little more resources on teaching the bright students we could produce a few people capable of competing globally. We got to develop our strong players. It's stupid not to. I know, I'm practicing eugenics.

Let me see if I understand you, right. Are you saying that you will only procreate with the same intelligence; that only certain & same IQ levels should?

I believe that people with mental disabilities ( retardation) should not parent children, but, that is not my call; but those who are responsible for their well-being.

I also believe that if only 'intelligent' people conceive, we will 'hybrid' ourselves into extinction. Scientists have cross bred certain species, (such as dogs) so much, that the lifespan & health of the anilmal has altered significantly. The same could happen to humans. I've met an awful lot of stupid 'intelligent' people.

And, I'm a big believer in environment. You can take a dr's intelligence & place it in a welfare environment and you'll get a welfare behavior. Drs begat drs- welfare begats welfare.

Originally posted by Joz
Let me see if I understand you, right. Are you saying that you will only procreate with the same intelligence; that only certain & same IQ levels should?

I believe that people with mental disabilities ( retardation) should not parent children, but, that is not my call; but those who are responsible for their well-being.

I also believe that if only 'intelligenct' people conceive, we will 'hybrid' ourselves into extinction. Scientists have cross bred certain species, (such as dogs) so much, that the lifespan & health of the anilmal has altered significantly. The same could happen to humans. I've met an awful lot of stupid 'intelligent' people.

And, I'm a big believer in environment. You can take a dr's intelligence & place it in a welfare environment and you'll get a welfare behavior. Drs begat drs- welfare begats welfare.

I would prefer an intelligent mate. Wouldn't you? I'm not telling anyone to do anything.

We were able to select for intelligence and rise above the apes and STILL not even come close to being hybridized out of existence. For the record, I don't advocate government or social control of any aspect of reproduction. Individual choice. I'm saying intelligent individuals should get the same attention from the education apparatus. They need a different curriculumn, accelerated teaching, better teachers (Sorry it helps if the teachers as smart or smarter than the kids.) I'm saying we should invest in human capital at all stratas, not just focus all resources on solving unsolveable "problems", like the fact of human individual genetic variation.

Actually the Eugenics comment was sarcastic. I believe libs practice eugenics. They want to use governmental policy to engineer the relative successes of individuals based on the racial politics dujour. My understanding is that conservatives should want the government to be set up for individuals to succeed on their merits, but not then start monkeying with things, punishing racial groups, to achieve an arbitrary ratio of racial composition in a given population, be it applicants for college, for business, whatever. Libs feel there's something wrong with a room full of white people. That's not right.

When Did the Romans Boot out the Etruscans again? Maybe they should have kept them around.

Due to our past course of evolution the entire human population is dependant on a constant geometric increase in human innovation to support the same population gains we've become accustomed to. We therefore, should not spurn and discredit the very concept of intelligence, just so it's socially comfortable, but we should nurture it. Advice on techniques for succesful living, often encoded in religion, should not be spurned, but studied.

...Dennis Miller, in one of his rants, said something to the effect that, "...You need a license to drive a car, have a dog, or carry a gun...But any one can have kids..." and, unfortunately too many of them do.

If you're not up to the responsibilities of parenthood, you've got no business having kids. If you love the needle, or crack or booze...you've got no business having kids. If you beat your wife/girlfriend/lover...you've got no business having kids. If you can't afford to support yourself, let alone a child, you've got no business having kids.

But all of that presupposes a rational society, which we clearly lack. Until we do arrive at such a society, we will continue having fucked up people raising another generation of fucked up kids.

Written by Leah Y. Latimer, the article makes a number of sobering observations, including noting the fact that "86 percent of today's young black women are single when they have their first baby.

"The reasons for this reach back as far as slavery to today's high-skilled economy, in which black men continue to struggle, while many black women stride along. To this, add relaxed sexual mores, cynicism among children of divorce and the fact that the social stigma of having an 'illegitimate' child has all but been erased.
http://www.detnews.com/2003/metro/0310/30/a02-311602.htm

Originally posted by Big D
Written by Leah Y. Latimer, the article makes a number of sobering observations, including noting the fact that "86 percent of today's young black women are single when they have their first baby.

"The reasons for this reach back as far as slavery to today's high-skilled economy, in which black men continue to struggle, while many black women stride along. To this, add relaxed sexual mores, cynicism among children of divorce and the fact that the social stigma of having an 'illegitimate' child has all but been erased.
http://www.detnews.com/2003/metro/0310/30/a02-311602.htm

Quit trying to impose your morality, whitey. We don't need values, we need cash in hand. Gimme Gimme!

I would prefer an intelligent mate. Wouldn't you?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sure, after the wild sex, sometimes conversation is nice.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
We were able to select for intelligence and rise above the apes and STILL not even come close to being hybridized out of existence.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry to say, this is where we part ways. I believe I didn't come fom an ape. I believe in creation, not evolution.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
...Dennis Miller, in one of his rants, said something to the effect that, "...You need a license to drive a car, have a dog, or carry a gun...But any one can have kids..." and, unfortunately too many of them do.

Gottal love Dennis Miller. That is funny stuff. I think him and Chris Rock, while having quite different political views, share a similar sense of humour. I like Rock's joke about DC re-electing Marion Barry, which goes something like:

"How bad was his opponent? What was his campaign slogan: Don't vote for crack, vote for smack!?!?":clap:

And rtwng, did you just start a post about intelligence? Very ironic.

Dungboy...You've been dismissed. Now go away, ya bother me boy.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit

If you're not up to the responsibilities of parenthood, you've got no business having kids. If you love the needle, or crack or booze...you've got no business having kids. If you beat your wife/girlfriend/lover...you've got no business having kids. If you can't afford to support yourself, let alone a child, you've got no business having kids.
All these problems you point out are the same problems black and hispanics lead by far the whole world in.

Without blacks and hispanics these problems would barely exist.

All these problems you point out are the same problems black and hispanics lead by far the whole world in.

I know hispanics who speak better English than you:D

Forum List

Back