The River and The Wall

Man has been migrating since he discovered putting one foot in front of the other took him elsewhere.
In fact, many, if not most of our ancestors migrated here (for the record I'm Irish and Osage Indian) to hopefully improve their lot in life- they were welcomed until they weren't- that's after they were shown to not be trustworthy. Not much has changed. As a whole we still aren't, especially the clowns in empty suits who could fix this issue, and people are still coming here to improve their lot in life. A wall is nothing more than symbolic- much like gated communities the empty suits live in- oh, and walls work both ways- they keep people in as well as out- a lot of the proposed land the wall is to be built on has been in families longer than we are old- it also cedes property to Mexico- the wall becomes the border not the river. The river is on Mexico's side of the wall- using pumps to move it to the US would be an international affair.

BTW, a wall was an idea the "Liberals" proposed- before they didn't (when Trump proposes it because Orange man bad, liberals are Saints- except when they ain't)- this whole thing is just one more in an increasingly long list of shit shows for public consumption and the public wallows in every one of them like pigs wallowing in mud- not a pretty picture of the American public-
I read an interesting quote today credited to P.T. Barnum- Nobody ever lost money underestimating the intelligence of the American public- these political forums would be perfect evidence he's right.

The quote would fit Barnum but it's not reliably attributed to anyone. Usually it's attached to H.L. Mencken, as "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public".

--- which is remarkably similar to the Rump Fraud University "playbook" maxim, "You don't sell products, benefits or solutions --- you sell FEELINGS". Both milking the same goat.

--- which in turn reminds us that the name "P.T. Barnum" is what Rump's own sister calls him.

Would like to see where the "wall was an idea the 'Liberals' proposed". I get what the quotes mean, I just don't remember anybody coming up with a harebrained idea like that who wasn't joking.

I like the WALL simply because it annoys the libs plus gotta annoy the 'mex' and the 'otm' . If the WALL is builts its the only thing that will be done TNHarley .

Interesting. You like the wall because it "annoys" people. 25 billion bucks plus maintenance, so you can watch people being "annoyed". Isn't that special. Always good to know what people's values are. Stay classy.
------------------------------ WILL Do , I like annoying third worlders Pogo . I'm sure that some take the WALL as a personal insult and truth that they aren't wanted by a large segment of USA Society Pogo . ------------------- just another POKE in the eye for the third worlder Pogo .

Once AGAIN I am not a "third worlder" either, whatever you imagine that means.

Once again in the words of one Vicente Fox, I am not gonna pay for that fucking wall. Period, full stop, cue fat lady, roll credits, fade to black, The End.

Man has been migrating since he discovered putting one foot in front of the other took him elsewhere.
In fact, many, if not most of our ancestors migrated here (for the record I'm Irish and Osage Indian) to hopefully improve their lot in life- they were welcomed until they weren't- that's after they were shown to not be trustworthy. Not much has changed. As a whole we still aren't, especially the clowns in empty suits who could fix this issue, and people are still coming here to improve their lot in life. A wall is nothing more than symbolic- much like gated communities the empty suits live in- oh, and walls work both ways- they keep people in as well as out- a lot of the proposed land the wall is to be built on has been in families longer than we are old- it also cedes property to Mexico- the wall becomes the border not the river. The river is on Mexico's side of the wall- using pumps to move it to the US would be an international affair.

BTW, a wall was an idea the "Liberals" proposed- before they didn't (when Trump proposes it because Orange man bad, liberals are Saints- except when they ain't)- this whole thing is just one more in an increasingly long list of shit shows for public consumption and the public wallows in every one of them like pigs wallowing in mud- not a pretty picture of the American public-
I read an interesting quote today credited to P.T. Barnum- Nobody ever lost money underestimating the intelligence of the American public- these political forums would be perfect evidence he's right.

The quote would fit Barnum but it's not reliably attributed to anyone. Usually it's attached to H.L. Mencken, as "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public".

--- which is remarkably similar to the Rump Fraud University "playbook" maxim, "You don't sell products, benefits or solutions --- you sell FEELINGS". Both milking the same goat.

--- which in turn reminds us that the name "P.T. Barnum" is what Rump's own sister calls him.

Would like to see where the "wall was an idea the 'Liberals' proposed". I get what the quotes mean, I just don't remember anybody coming up with a harebrained idea like that who wasn't joking.
Ben Franklin also said the same thing about feelings-

Nonetheless, the Trump team is correct that, in past decades, Democrats have been generally enthusiastic in their support for increased border security. The first border wall between San Diego and Tijuana went up under President Bill Clinton. In 2011, then-President Obama noted proudly that, under his presidency, Customs and Border Patrol had more agents than ever before: "We have strengthened border security beyond what many believed was possible," he said. "We now have more boots on the ground on the southwest border than at any time in our history. The Border Patrol has 20,000 agents—more than twice as many as there were in 2004, a build-up that began under President Bush and that we have continued."

https://psmag.com/news/did-democrats-support-border-barriers-before-trump-took-office

I like the WALL simply because it annoys the libs plus gotta annoy the 'mex' and the 'otm' . If the WALL is builts its the only thing that will be done TNHarley .

Interesting. You like the wall because it "annoys" people. 25 billion bucks plus maintenance, so you can watch people being "annoyed". Isn't that special. Always good to know what people's values are. Stay classy.
------------------------------ WILL Do , I like annoying third worlders Pogo . I'm sure that some take the WALL as a personal insult and truth that they aren't wanted by a large segment of USA Society Pogo . ------------------- just another POKE in the eye for the third worlder Pogo .

Once again in the words of one Vicente Fox, I am not gonna pay for that fucking wall. Period, full stop, cue fat lady, roll credits, fade to black, The End.
WE will ALL pay dearly for NOT building the wall.

Nonetheless, the Trump team is correct that, in past decades, Democrats have been generally enthusiastic in their support for increased border security. The first border wall between San Diego and Tijuana went up under President Bill Clinton. In 2011, then-President Obama noted proudly that, under his presidency, Customs and Border Patrol had more agents than ever before: "We have strengthened border security beyond what many believed was possible," he said. "We now have more boots on the ground on the southwest border than at any time in our history. The Border Patrol has 20,000 agents—more than twice as many as there were in 2004, a build-up that began under President Bush and that we have continued."

https://psmag.com/news/did-democrats-support-border-barriers-before-trump-took-office

Sure, here and there, but when did anyone before Rump concoct the idea of a wall across the entire border? That's what your thread is about, is it not?

--------------------------------------------- 'vincente fox , he is a third world buddy of the 'bush familia' , mitt romney and lots of 'utahs' Mormons' but not so much of American Donald Trump . I'll go with American Donald Trump what looks like he has Wall funding for the TRUMP Wall pretty much figgered out . I liked seeing 'ex el presidente fox ' getting all emotional like a widdle girl when he made his decree a few years in the past , Something about that emotional 'spanish' makeup and blood that runs 'vincente' even when he pretends to be a dictators so just pay your taxes . Anyway , looLs like the Trump WALL is being built from what I hear Poo !!

Sure, here and there, but when did anyone before Rump concoct the idea of a wall across the entire border? That's what your thread is about, is it not?
--------------------------------------------- nothing wrong with a WALL Built to exclude third worlders and including 'otm' across the ENTIRE Border [oh my] .

At 1,759 miles, the Rio Grande is the fourth-largest river in the United States, beginning in Colorado and running down to South Texas where, as you may have heard, it forms the border between the U.S. and Mexico. The River and the Wall focuses on that hotly contested latter stretch, and while the film’s politics are unavoidably front and center, the overwhelming beauty and pristine awesomeness of Big Bend and the Rio Grande Valley on display here make this anti-border wall rallying cry less a polemic than a breathtaking and visually sumptuous travelogue. By film’s end, the obvious question isn’t “why build a wall,” but “How could you?”

Home Events Movies

The River and the Wall

Do y'all realize that building a wall will take land from Texans and cede it to Mexico? I guess that is of no import though. What about the water? It'll belong to Mexico.

Some beautiful country

If the film makers are arguing against a wall in the Big Bend they are stupid

Vast stretches of wilderness must be patrolled

but no wall is required nor is one being proposed

--------------------------------------------- 'vincente fox , he is a third world buddy of the 'bush familia' , mitt romney and lots of 'utahs' Mormons' but not so much of American Donald Trump . I'll go with American Donald Trump what looks like he has Wall funding for the TRUMP Wall pretty much figgered out . I liked seeing 'ex el presidente fox ' getting all emotional like a widdle girl when he made his decree a few years in the past , Something about that emotional 'spanish' makeup and blood that runs 'vincente' even when he pretends to be a dictators so just pay your taxes . Anyway , looLs like the Trump WALL is being built from what I hear Poo !!
Fox does not tell America what to do.

You "go with" whatever you want ---- I quoted him, which was the whole point.
That seems to have zipped right over your head. Jumped the wall, so to speak.

Unless you mean Fox Noise.

Once again for the illiterate, I used what we call a "QUOTE". That means you take what somebody else said and repeat them, while giving them the credit. Has noting in the world with "telling anybody what to do". Matter of fact the quote was about what he himself would NOT do.

Fox Noise is not funny, but Vicente Fox is.

Last edited:

Actually the thread title is, The River and the Wall (that is about Texas just an FYI, and specifically the Big Bend area), but, in it's entirety it has to take land from people whose families have owned it longer than Trump has been alive, and that land on the western side will be ceded to Mexico because the wall isn't midway in the river. Maybe you missed that in your hurry to make Orange Man Bad comments-
Nether Trump or Democrats have your best interest in mind with their mine, his, hers rhetoric and Democrats don't care about you any more than Republicans do- that ship sailed a long time ago before I was born and I'm 71.
This world is different than it used to be- in fact, Mickey Newbury wrote a song titled "The Futures Not What it Used To Be"- its a pretty good analogy even though it isn't about this wall- the future is not what it used to be and it will never return to what people want to believe it was- it's been a farce since before the ink was dry on the constitution because politicians refuse to abide by the rules written to limit their authority and used rhetorical bullshit to sell their perversions of Liberty making a fool of the words that gave opportunity to man - all men are created equal and have certain unalienable rights- there are no caveats in that phrase- it was true yesterday, it's true today and will be true tomorrow-

Actually the thread title is, The River and the Wall (that is about Texas just an FYI, and specifically the Big Bend area), but, in it's entirety it has to take land from people whose families have owned it longer than Trump has been alive, and that land on the western side will be ceded to Mexico because the wall isn't midway in the river. Maybe you missed that in your hurry to make Orange Man Bad comments-

I'm well aware of that; been making those points here for four years. One of many reasons the whole thing is a stupid idea and your point is well taken.

Nether Trump or Democrats have your best interest in mind with their mine, his, hers rhetoric and Democrats don't care about you any more than Republicans do- that ship sailed a long time ago before I was born and I'm 71.
This world is different than it used to be- in fact, Mickey Newbury wrote a song titled "The Futures Not What it Used To Be"- its a pretty good analogy even though it isn't about this wall- the future is not what it used to be and it will never return to what people want to believe it was- it's been a farce since before the ink was dry on the constitution because politicians refuse to abide by the rules written to limit their authority and used rhetorical bullshit to sell their perversions of Liberty making a fool of the words that gave opportunity to man - all men are created equal and have certain unalienable rights- there are no caveats in that phrase- it was true yesterday, it's true today and will be true tomorrow-

A nice rant, and I actually have a Mickey Newberry LP. But not on topic here. Far as I can see this topic isn't about political parties but about a really stupid idea from a really stupid wanker.

I'm well aware of that; been making those points here for four years. One of many reasons the whole thing is a stupid idea and your point is well taken.

A nice rant, and I actually have a Mickey Newberry LP. But not on topic here. Far as I can see this topic isn't about political parties but about a really stupid idea from a really stupid wanker.

It is purely political and the future's not what it used to be-

Once again for the illiterate, I used what we call a "QUOTE". That means you take what somebody else said and repeat them, while giving them the credit. Has noting in the world with "telling anybody what to do". Matter of fact the quote was about what he himself would NOT do.

Fox is another emotional Latino-disregard what he has to say. His schtick does not carry any weight here and shove your quote lesson up your ass-now since you said quote, do I have to give you credit with a quote? Nitpicker...

Fox is another emotional Latino-disregard what he has to say. His schtick does not carry any weight here and shove your quote lesson up your ass-now since you said quote, do I have to give you credit with a quote? Nitpicker...

Hey, if you don't want to get busted for trying to shift the topic then DON'T DO IT, dickbreath.

Forum List

Back