The Republicans filibuster for Big Oil

There are laws that the GOP Congress passed between 2002-2005 (forgot the year) that gave them guarantees.

Can I find the links? No. Is that a problem that none of us know exactly what they pay? I say it is.

You understand or you know?

Now you are making me want to find the facts. I'll find them for you. Not these other people who drive me insane.

You are an ignorant swabbie.

You are an ignorant swabbie.

• Exxon owns 29 billion barrels of oil, and at $100 per barrel, with an inventory value of $2.9 trillion. That oil cost costs Exxon a measly $5.45 per barrel. Chevron's estimated oil inventory is worth an estimated $2.2 trillion at a cost of $5.34 per barrel and Royal Dutch Shell's inventory is valued at $2.6 trillion billion only cost them $5.77 a barrel. And those are trillions with a capital T. Those companies have a profit of over $95 a barrel and they'll fight to maintain that margin and the favorable tax treatments on their enormous profit per barrel.

What do oil companies actually pay for a barrel of oil? - Democratic Underground

It's in their best interests to keep oil above $100 a barrel...because they don't have to pay the royalties and make lots more money.

Right ...

So then when we open up drilling and no significant change in fuel prices occur the argument is squashed and we can move on and hear no more of it ...

What has Chaney done? How much power does a State Senator have? How good has Chaney been for the last 60 years?

How much was oil when Obama was a State Legislature?

Are you implying that Obamma did not have enough power in his state legislature to effect change within his state? California is not waiting on the U.S. Government.

I am unclear as to the link you are trying to make with Chaney and Obama. If oil was low when Obama was in the State legislature, are you saying nothing needed to be done? If so, than why would Chaney need to have done anything since oil was even lower than before Obama came into politics.

What leadership in the State Legislature did Obama provide? That is where the power would be....leadership. If he could not work together and lead the state legislature, how will he lead the U.S. Congress and the Nation?

• Exxon owns 29 billion barrels of oil, and at $100 per barrel, with an inventory value of $2.9 trillion. That oil cost costs Exxon a measly $5.45 per barrel. Chevron's estimated oil inventory is worth an estimated $2.2 trillion at a cost of $5.34 per barrel and Royal Dutch Shell's inventory is valued at $2.6 trillion billion only cost them $5.77 a barrel. And those are trillions with a capital T. Those companies have a profit of over $95 a barrel and they'll fight to maintain that margin and the favorable tax treatments on their enormous profit per barrel.

What do oil companies actually pay for a barrel of oil? - Democratic Underground

Do you ever go to unbiased sources for information? Ever? Ever think about trying to look at things objectively? Just as an experiment?

Sorry, supply and demand fixes the price of oil because it is a homogeneous good. Of course when the supply is in the hands of a few large companies it tips the scale in one direction. Now it is time for the American consumer to tip it back. And the new president should move the country to clean energy. That is if a Democrat is elected. If not, we will see more of the same.

Alternatives are good, but until they can compete with gas powered cars in price they are not going to sell. The best way to get us to alternative energy sources and allow time to develop them is to increase our domestic supply. Which entails more drilling.......

Right ...

So then when we open up drilling and no significant change in fuel prices occur the argument is squashed and we can move on and hear no more of it ...

I'll go along with that, then when prices do in fact drop. We can open up more drilling and allow development of oil shale in the Rockies. Which has more oil reserves than Saudi Arabia....

That's amazing how that works Bobo, you post a link for a democratic undergroud message board. Then when you try and click on the link in the message board it gives you an error message....:eusa_whistle:

me, i got a 96 tacoma. 26 mpg isnt the best, but not killing me. right now my $$ is better spent going to student loans than a new car

Sure, because the Democrats and Liberals screaming for us all not to drive SUV's would never do that right? Oh wait they do. :cuckoo:

Dude, the hypocrisy is even worse than you think. I'm a consultant so I get to see and know all manner of folks in the DC area. You would think the at least environmental groups would recycle right? Nah, too much trouble for some of them (I ain't outing my clients so don't ask). You would think that the top staff in environmental organization would at least buy into what they are selling us right? Nah, driving SUVs or two or three, jetting back and forth across the country like it was a million mile race. I couldn't catch up with some of their carbon footprints if I made a concerted effort the rest of my life.

At some point, people will catch on that these people are just like the poverty pimps. It isn't about what they do. It's just insuring that everyone is buying into the need for them and their group so they can keep making the money.

Could you be more intellectually dishonest? First, your link goes to Democraticunderground FORUMS at that. Ok, well that's not a source. On the forum there was a link, but that just went to dead page of a dubious source. So basically you have no backing for the prices you list there.

Forum List

Back