The Republicans Continue to Wage War Against Government Workers

Bob Cesca: The Republicans Continue to Wage War Against Government Workers

Adding to the syllabus of conservative contradictions this week, both Christie and Scott attacked government employees and proudly announced the firings of tens of thousands of workers even though they themselves are government employees. Given the Republican talent for selling nonsense by the gross, the Republicans have managed to successfully define government workers as nothing more than faceless automatons -- robotic parasites without families, mortgages and futures.

At the Reagan Library this week, Christie applauded President Reagan's firing of air traffic controllers. Mitt Romney doesn't believe that government workers are contributors to the "real economy." And while the Republicans attack the president for increasing the size of government, 500,000 government workers have lost their jobs since the president's inauguration.

The centerpiece of the statement is his proud assertion that "government doesn't create jobs." Who, then, is the "we've" inside the clause "we've generated 87,200 private sector jobs?" If he's referring to his administration ("we" as in "Governor Scott et al"), then he's referring to the government -- the executive branch of the Florida state government, to be exact -- and if the government "generated" 87,200 private sector jobs, then government does, in fact, create jobs.

Rick Scott continued by patting himself on the back for firing 15,000 Floridians. Despite his attempts to dehumanize the people who were fired, those government "jobs" were occupied by real-life human beings: Florida residents who, due to their lost jobs, might not be able to pay their rents and mortgages in an already crippled Florida housing market. Scott was talking about Florida residents who, because of Scott's policies, have become a drain on the state and national economies as they line up for unemployment checks and watch their credit card balances max out. Good job, governor. Tell me again how the Republicans will fix the economy.

At this rate when I retire from the military I mind as well retire and stay in Germany because there will be nothing worth coming home to. And people will continue to vote for such morons.

Another post based on an article in the Huffington Post? Why do you even bother?

When the private sector stops outsourcing its jobs to India and China and brings back real jobs to America, complete with living wages, guaranteed pensions and affordable health coverage, then maybe we can talk about eliminating some redundant jobs in government. The private sector can certainly afford to do this now more than ever as they sit on nearly $2 trillion in cash assets, according to the Wall Street Journal, which they're refusing to spend on new jobs. Fact: corporate cash assets are at their highest level since 1959 while unemployment remains high and middle class wages remain stagnant. The Republicans continue to tell us with a straight face that tax cuts will encourage businesses to create jobs, even though historically high cash assets aren't being spent on anything much less jobs.

And when the unemployment rate is hovering at 9.2 percent nationwide, 10.7 percent in Florida and 9.4 percent in New Jersey, I'm not sure these guys ought to be ballyhooing how they've successfully added to the unemployment rolls. Rick Scott and the Republicans have fired thousands of Americans from secure jobs and forced them into lower-paying menial gigs for lower wages. How is this helping?

The right wing asshats have nothing to say this is all right on point!

Well then, You might as well have not posted it. After all you clearly do not want to hear what us evil "right wingers" have to say about it.

Fucking Hack.

well well, who knew being a Guberment WORKER meant you had a JOB for friggen life.

WELCOME to the REAL WORLD.

And crap like this line is WHY I don't take ANYTHING SERIOUS from the Hufferpost..
and proudly announced the firings of tens of thousands of workers

Dumbass

Republican Crowd At Christie Speech Cheers Laying Off Thousands Of Government Workers | ThinkProgress

Video included.

And then you follow Huffington Post up with something from Think Progress? No wonder you can't formulate an intelligent thought.

Liberal thinking at it's finest.

Instead of paying a 25cent toll to drive on a Privately owned and maintained road. They would rather send DC a buck so DC can pay Private firms to Maintain the roads in much worse condition than most toll roads. At only 4 times the cost.

wooo hoooo,

But it is all ok, See this way thousands of Buericrats get to have jobs deciding which union donated the most to democrats so they can reward that Unions workers firms with the Road Repair Contracts.

That is after they spend another dollar above the dollar we sent them, which they borrow from thin air(printing Press) to fund a study of the road repairs effect on the mating habits of a slug.

We have a 125 Million dollar .9 Mile long Bypass extension thanks to Stimulus funds up here. It's Awesome man, hundreds of Union workers from 250 Miles away got to have jobs for 4 times as long as it should have took to make the road, a Road that Local Firms had previously bid less than 60 Million to complete.

Government Spending Programs at their finest.

I'm guessing that they tried to get one of those "good jobs" but weren't qualified. So now they take their hate out on the workers.

Aside from having a pulse, what "qualifications" are needed to work at the Post Office?

Last edited:
How are government workers the spending problem? Link and proof? If the Repugs had their way every job would be privatized with the rich companies owners getting richer and the workers less well paid with less generous benefits, almost like slavery.

The only part you got right is that we would like to privatize every job. The rest is just the usual leftwing hysterics.

Obama played a great game of shuffle board.

Change the name of the positions and hand out raises. Oh the peons beneath him. They should have contributed more to his campaign.

Its an exaggeration that federal employees are overpaid, its an apple oranges comparison but if I know I can make more money as a federal worker than in some private companies hating faggots shouldn't knock me as overpaid because they're underpaid or feel underpaid.

Government workers are distinguished from ALL OTHER union workers in this country:
They NEVER have to negotiate their contracts with their employers that pay their salaries:
THE TAXPAYER.
Accordingly, government workers should not be able to unionize UNLESS taxpayers have a seat at the negotiating table.
so thats not what it is like in the PO.....the Unions negotiate with the PMG and his people....the ones who run the place.....and no tax dollars are involved.....so why do i and other Postal people get put in the same boat?........

I'm guessing that they tried to get one of those "good jobs" but weren't qualified. So now they take their hate out on the workers.

Aside from having a pulse, what "qualifications" are needed to work at the Post Office?

hey Bri....why dont you come down to the PO so we can see what a Dick looks like.....we need a good laugh .....bring your buddy Douger with ya.....then we can see a dick with a ball sack hanging....

Last edited:

Obama played a great game of shuffle board.

Change the name of the positions and hand out raises. Oh the peons beneath him. They should have contributed more to his campaign.

Its an exaggeration that federal employees are overpaid, its an apple oranges comparison but if I know I can make more money as a federal worker than in some private companies hating faggots shouldn't knock me as overpaid because they're underpaid or feel underpaid.

Numerous studies have been done on the subject. They all show that federal workers are grossly overpaid, especially considering the fact of how little work they actually do. Anyone who ever worked for the government knows how lazy and worthless the bulk of them are. I've seen people sleeping at the desks or playing video games all day long. They didn't do a lick of work the entire day.

hey Bri....why dont you come down and show us what jerk looks like.....we need a good laugh down there.....bring your buddy Douger with ya.....then we can see what is inside a ball sack....

In other words, you can't name any qualifications required to work at the Post Office. At the very least, you don't want to list the actual qualifications because everyone in this forum would laugh.

hey Bri....why dont you come down and show us what jerk looks like.....we need a good laugh down there.....bring your buddy Douger with ya.....then we can see what is inside a ball sack....

In other words, you can't name any qualifications required to work at the Post Office. At the very least, you don't want to list the actual qualifications because everyone in this forum would laugh.
what do you do for a living Bri?....

Forum List

Back