The Republicans Continue to Wage War Against Government Workers

Elected officials are not employees in the same sense that government union employees that cannot be fired are.

We have in most cases state and federal constitutionally mandated numbers for elected representatives.

I know of no such mandate for government employed secretaries, janitors etc.

in the 31 years i have been in the PO i have seen quit a few guys get fired.....we just had one the other day for threatening another employee......ive seen it for stealing,violence,bad attendance.....

I have an Army buddy who works at the post office and he said you could be fired just by using the phrase, "Going postal".

Your buddy's fullofshit.

well well, who knew being a Guberment WORKER meant you had a JOB for friggen life.

so lets see i need a job.....i can go work minimum wage or a little bit higher down the street.....or oh look the PO is hiring.....mmm....better wages and benefits....ill go try there.......nice job out doors walking staying fit.....so i guess im supposed to quit after 4 or 5 years and go take a job paying less?.....is that what it is?......i should have quit years ago and took a lesser paying job?.......im sure you would have done that right Steph?....

I don't know what the hell you're babbling about. NO ONE is talking about you. But the fact is Guberment workers GET LAID off the SAME as the little guy. so the OP posting crap about it is what I was talking about. and guess what, I work for a Guberment school and I KNOW I could be LAID OFF at any time because of BUDGETS. I also HAVE to work a second job because my pay is NOT high dollar and they short me 15 min a day of getting bennies...BUT I STILL work there because I love my job AND I have a JOB. AND if I got laid off I'd just GO OUT and look for ANOTHER ONE..

now carry on with your me me me, you you you or whatever.
then you should have said All Government Workers....except Harry.....but you did not did ya?.....

so lets see i need a job.....i can go work minimum wage or a little bit higher down the street.....or oh look the PO is hiring.....mmm....better wages and benefits....ill go try there.......nice job out doors walking staying fit.....so i guess im supposed to quit after 4 or 5 years and go take a job paying less?.....is that what it is?......i should have quit years ago and took a lesser paying job?.......im sure you would have done that right Steph?....

I don't know what the hell you're babbling about. NO ONE is talking about you. But the fact is Guberment workers GET LAID off the SAME as the little guy. so the OP posting crap about it is what I was talking about. and guess what, I work for a Guberment school and I KNOW I could be LAID OFF at any time because of BUDGETS. I also HAVE to work a second job because my pay is NOT high dollar and they short me 15 min a day of getting bennies...BUT I STILL work there because I love my job AND I have a JOB. AND if I got laid off I'd just GO OUT and look for ANOTHER ONE..

then you should have said All Government Workers....except Harry.....but you did not did ya?.....

here ya go...:boohoo:
ya act like a typical friggen whiner Guberment employee....man up..

Last edited:
I work federal as part of the DoD, none of the retards calling government employees wasteful know the scope of what we do and most of use are ex-military like myself so we are well qualified and deserving of our pay, where are still serving our country. Like I said, if you give jobs to a privatized contractor the government saved no money. Look at Cape Canaveral, they're closing down a NASA station there and 2000 federal employees lose their jobs, great for American, right? Wrong, all those businesses that catered to that NASA station will go out of business, the same effect base closures have on surrounding areas, so yes, the government does create jobs, directly and indirectly. If they move to another area more businesses will be created to cater to them which indirectly the government creates jobs.

Try explaining that to "internet" Warrior.

Elected officials are not employees in the same sense that government union employees that cannot be fired are.

We have in most cases state and federal constitutionally mandated numbers for elected representatives.

I know of no such mandate for government employed secretaries, janitors etc.

in the 31 years i have been in the PO i have seen quit a few guys get fired.....we just had one the other day for threatening another employee......ive seen it for stealing,violence,bad attendance.....

I have an Army buddy who works at the post office and he said you could be fired just by using the phrase, "Going postal".
i would not doubt it Dean,they would at least send you to "talk" to someone to be evaluated.....there is a list of things that they have that you had better not be heard talking about on the workroom floor......the guy who was fired the other day told a co-worker "im going to kick your ass".....he said he was joking but a middle manager from district heard him say it,so he was walked off the floor and sent home.....we heard he was fired.....the PO has a Zero tolerance on violence.....and they will take it to the extreme....just to get rid of workers.....

I am a government worker myself, a GS-12, there isn't a person in here that could tell me my work is useless and a waste of taxpayer money. The problem with you right wing monkey is that you think privatizing jobs through eliminating federal jobs saves taxpayers money when the same money that would pay a federal worker is being paid to the private company, so the taxpayers don't win anything and no money is saved, the only one who benefits is the private company owner. Privatized contractors are the worst waste of taxpayer dollars, you get better quality work from a govt employee who has taken an oath to serve his country over a private contractor who has taken no oath and is in it strictly for the money.

Halliburton comes to mind......:eusa_whistle:

i would not doubt it Dean,they would at least send you to "talk" to someone to be evaluated.....there is a list of things that they have that you had better not be heard talking about on the workroom floor......the guy who was fired the other day told a co-worker "im going to kick your ass".....he said he was joking but a middle manager from district heard him say it,so he was walked off the floor and sent home.....we heard he was fired.....the PO has a Zero tolerance on violence.....and they will take it to the extreme....just to get rid of workers.....

But, but, but......government employees can never be fired. Just ask the neo-cons. :cuckoo:

Only after the grievance and arbitration requirements have been met and that usually end up with the employee receiving back pay
and it also means that the PO wasted a ton of money on something that should have been handled right then and there....i see this all the time.....

Someone needs to wage war against the deficit and over paid government workers contribute to it.
Nothing against them but when the employers, the taxpayers, have NO SAY AT THE BARGAINING TABLE, when these workers bargain their contracts what does one expect us to do?
Ask for more lube and bend over?

But, but, but......government employees can never be fired. Just ask the neo-cons. :cuckoo:

ohmygawd..
you two are quite the PAIR.:cuckoo:

Your buddy's fullofshit.

it depends on how he uses it.....if the guy is kinda agitated and he tells his supervisor to get off my back or im going to go "postal"....bye.....he will at least be talking to someone....

here ya go...:boohoo:
ya act like a typical friggen whiner Guberment employee....man up..

yea right i do....but you a "so called" Govt worker lets everyone bad mouth Federal Workers without commenting on it ....like calling us Worthless fucks.....are you a worthless fuck?....if you think you are im sorry i bothered you.....

Someone needs to wage war against the deficit and over paid government workers contribute to it.
Nothing against them but when the employers, the taxpayers, have NO SAY AT THE BARGAINING TABLE, when these workers bargain their contracts what does one expect us to do?
Ask for more lube and bend over?
yea right....im convinced....

ohmygawd..
you two are quite the PAIR.:cuckoo:

i got your pair hanging.....

Forum List

Back