The Republicans Continue to Wage War Against Government Workers

Aside from having a pulse, what "qualifications" are needed to work at the Post Office?

hey Bri....why dont you come down and show us what jerk looks like.....we need a good laugh down there.....bring your buddy Douger with ya.....then we can see what is inside a ball sack....

In other words, you can't name any qualifications required to work at the Post Office. At the very least, you don't want to list the actual qualifications because everyone in this forum would laugh.

i can tell you one thing and Meister will back me up on this.....a hell of a lot of people that hire on quit within 3 months time saying they cant do the job (Letter Carrier)its tougher then what they thought....

hey Bri....why dont you come down and show us what jerk looks like.....we need a good laugh down there.....bring your buddy Douger with ya.....then we can see what is inside a ball sack....

In other words, you can't name any qualifications required to work at the Post Office. At the very least, you don't want to list the actual qualifications because everyone in this forum would laugh.
what do you do for a living Bri?....

I'm a software consultant.

Obama played a great game of shuffle board.

Change the name of the positions and hand out raises. Oh the peons beneath him. They should have contributed more to his campaign.

Its an exaggeration that federal employees are overpaid, its an apple oranges comparison but if I know I can make more money as a federal worker than in some private companies hating faggots shouldn't knock me as overpaid because they're underpaid or feel underpaid.

Numerous studies have been done on the subject. They all show that federal workers are grossly overpaid, especially considering the fact of how little work they actually do. Anyone who ever worked for the government knows how lazy and worthless the bulk of them are. I've seen people sleeping at the desks or playing video games all day long. They didn't do a lick of work the entire day.
You've never been to my office.

Government workers = useless fucks

Ditto for Unions.

Yeah, not really. I'm a government worker. I inspect a contractor's performance, making sure the government is getting the service it pays for.

I'm being a good steward of your tax dollars. Is that what you call useless?

Odd. No one seems to have an answer for my question.

what do you do for a living Bri?....

I'm a software consultant.

and if i said your a useless overpaid fuck and anyone can do your job.....would you be a little bit pissed at me or whoever said it?......back in 79 Bri i needed a job.....the PO was hiring,i went down got a job carrying mail....hey good pay, great benefits,great exercise,outdoors most of the day....back then nobody vilified you for working for the govt.....now im fucking Oil Can Harry to some of the posters here.....like they would have turned down the job......bad mouth the organization,and i can care less,the PO management is not top notch by any stretch,but to bad mouth the people who actually do the work,just because they had the gall to take the job,and i will say something back.....i dont think anyone here would have told their Union ....i dont want you to get me a raise or better benefits....the newer people in the PO have already been told by our Union to expect less than what guys like me got....i cant see me hanging around here much longer,i can retire now if i want to......

I got my job working for the DoD partly by using my 10 point 30% disability rating from the VA, I'm a GS-12, none of the jackasses putting down federal workers could step right in and just do my job and get the security clearances that I have. I do the same job I did in the military and I'm not going to waste my skills and training in the private sector, so keep hating on me for getting a job, I bet none of you jackasses would turn down the job I had, none of you would.

Its an exaggeration that federal employees are overpaid, its an apple oranges comparison but if I know I can make more money as a federal worker than in some private companies hating faggots shouldn't knock me as overpaid because they're underpaid or feel underpaid.

Numerous studies have been done on the subject. They all show that federal workers are grossly overpaid, especially considering the fact of how little work they actually do. Anyone who ever worked for the government knows how lazy and worthless the bulk of them are. I've seen people sleeping at the desks or playing video games all day long. They didn't do a lick of work the entire day.
You've never been to my office.

nor mine......

Government workers = useless fucks

Ditto for Unions.

Yeah, not really. I'm a government worker. I inspect a contractor's performance, making sure the government is getting the service it pays for.

Government has more paperwork than should legally be allowed. (I know...been there done it and still inerface with them as a contractor).

I know there's accountability and all but sheesh! (Maybe there's something to it? Spending too much for what services are actually produced per what is spent)?

I'd would argue that a good amount of people that say that gubmint workers don't do much have been treated to thier own local public works types and see a road crew of a dozen or so...two guys in a hole digging the rest appear to be watching...I see it all the time.

Perhaps this weighs in on people's minds?

Hope this helps?

Government has more paperwork than should legally be allowed. (I know...been there done it and still inerface with them as a contractor).

I know there's accountability and all but sheesh! (Maybe there's something to it? Spending too much for what services are actually produced per what is spent)?

I'd would argue that a good amount of people that say that gubmint workers don't do much have been treated to thier own local public works types and see a road crew of a dozen or so...two guys in a hole digging the rest appear to be watching...I see it all the time.

Hope this helps?

That tired old saying? I've driven past thousands of road work sites over the past 35 years and have yet to witness the situation you described.

BTW....very few, if any local and state governments ever do their own road and bridge repair work. It's almost ALWAYS contracted out to construction contractors. So IF you have ever seen it even once (no way you see it all the time) then what does that tell you about the CONTRACTORS doing the work?

Hope this helps?
what pisses me off T is when someone is at the PO and they are buying Stamps or whatever and see someone in the back sitting on his ass doing nothing and immediately will come on here and say ALL Postal workers just sit around doing shit all day.....when me and other carriers punch in ...we are going until we punch out....

I got my job working for the DoD partly by using my 10 point 30% disability rating from the VA, I'm a GS-12, none of the jackasses putting down federal workers could step right in and just do my job and get the security clearances that I have. I do the same job I did in the military and I'm not going to waste my skills and training in the private sector, so keep hating on me for getting a job, I bet none of you jackasses would turn down the job I had, none of you would.

So since you are disabled and get 30% rating do we pay you 70% of what your job normally pays?
After all, you claim to be "disabled".

I'll never blame a government employee for taking a job, a job is a job and everyone has bills to pay. But what they need to understand is that as taxpayers paying their salaries, US taxpayers are essentially the employers of government employees and so therefore should have the final say in who they hire and what for as well as how much payroll expense they can subsidize. The left would like to have those decisions made by government while ignoring the glaring conflict of interest there.

Hope this helps?

That tired old saying? I've driven past thousands of road work sites over the past 35 years and have yet to witness the situation you described.

BTW....very few, if any local and state governments ever do their own road and bridge repair work. It's almost ALWAYS contracted out to construction contractors. So IF you have ever seen it even once (no way you see it all the time) then what does that tell you about the CONTRACTORS doing the work?

Are you blind? I have been in the trade almost thirty years. I see it all the time.

The funniest thing I ever witnessed were two girls trying to set a stop sign. A one man job, yet these two could barley lift the post to set it.

What a paranoid little thread this is.

The Republican Party is not out to get workers.

If anything the Republican Party is here to see to it that the Government does no further harm to free enterprise and to fight back Marxist and Communist dogma that threatens every gift of freedom the Founders gave us. Communism is a failed system, and it does not work. In America, the founders chose a weak federal government (as known by reading the Federalist Papers) to ensure states had the right to rule their own citizens, and not an uncaring monarchy, aristocracy, oligarchy, or criminal cabal.

The founders had suffered through a monarchy that saw fit to ignore the people of colonies, yet the English taxed them with no representation of their interests with the money. We have been fighting back failed systems ever since.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]Benjamin Franklin was asked, upon his emergence from the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia in 1787, what form of government the United States was going to have. Franklin answered succinctly, "A Republic, if you can keep it."[/SIZE][/FONT] source

Last edited:
Bob Cesca: The Republicans Continue to Wage War Against Government Workers

Adding to the syllabus of conservative contradictions this week, both Christie and Scott attacked government employees and proudly announced the firings of tens of thousands of workers even though they themselves are government employees. Given the Republican talent for selling nonsense by the gross, the Republicans have managed to successfully define government workers as nothing more than faceless automatons -- robotic parasites without families, mortgages and futures.

At the Reagan Library this week, Christie applauded President Reagan's firing of air traffic controllers. Mitt Romney doesn't believe that government workers are contributors to the "real economy." And while the Republicans attack the president for increasing the size of government, 500,000 government workers have lost their jobs since the president's inauguration.

The centerpiece of the statement is his proud assertion that "government doesn't create jobs." Who, then, is the "we've" inside the clause "we've generated 87,200 private sector jobs?" If he's referring to his administration ("we" as in "Governor Scott et al"), then he's referring to the government -- the executive branch of the Florida state government, to be exact -- and if the government "generated" 87,200 private sector jobs, then government does, in fact, create jobs.

Rick Scott continued by patting himself on the back for firing 15,000 Floridians. Despite his attempts to dehumanize the people who were fired, those government "jobs" were occupied by real-life human beings: Florida residents who, due to their lost jobs, might not be able to pay their rents and mortgages in an already crippled Florida housing market. Scott was talking about Florida residents who, because of Scott's policies, have become a drain on the state and national economies as they line up for unemployment checks and watch their credit card balances max out. Good job, governor. Tell me again how the Republicans will fix the economy.

At this rate when I retire from the military I mind as well retire and stay in Germany because there will be nothing worth coming home to. And people will continue to vote for such morons.

Now that makes voting GOP more palatable. Good to know.

I'll never blame a government employee for taking a job, a job is a job and everyone has bills to pay. But what they need to understand is that as taxpayers paying their salaries, US taxpayers are essentially the employers of government employees and so therefore should have the final say in who they hire and what for as well as how much payroll expense they can subsidize. The left would like to have those decisions made by government while ignoring the glaring conflict of interest there.

Wow.

1) What makes you think that the average government worker doesn't understand that? And exactly how would YOU set up the hiring process? How would YOU determine what their pay should be? And would you think it fair to tell them, "Well, our tax base has shrunk and the cost of gasoline has gone up so you have to take a pay cut"?

2) You're not subsidizing them, pal. You're paying them to perform a service. Stop mmaking it sound like they're getting a handout.

3) The hiring process is already set up with Merit Commisions to help take the politics out of it. Are you against that? It is also set up to give preferential treatment to military veterans. Are you against that?

The right would like to make everyone believe that all government workers are lazy morons who do nothing but suck the public tit. They think that roads fix themselves, police and firefighters should work for free, that public water supplies treat themselves and garbage will just magically disappear if we get rid of sanitation workers.

Bullshit. WE hire them to perform a service and WE should pay them a fair wage to do it and stop demonizing them.

If anything the Republican Party is here to see to it that the Government does no further harm to free enterprise and to fight back Marxist and Communist dogma that threatens every gift of freedom the Founders gave us. Communism is a failed system, and it does not work. In America, the founders chose a weak federal government (as known by reading the Federalist Papers) to ensure states had the right to rule their own citizens, and not an uncaring monarchy, aristocracy, oligarchy, or criminal cabal.

The founders had suffered through a monarchy that saw fit to ignore the people of colonies, yet the English taxed them with no representation of their interests with the money. We have been fighting back failed systems ever since.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]Benjamin Franklin was asked, upon his emergence from the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia in 1787, what form of government the United States was going to have. Franklin answered succinctly, "A Republic, if you can keep it."[/SIZE][/FONT] source

Wow. Talk about a paranoid post. :cuckoo:

Hope this helps?

Are you blind? I have been in the trade almost thirty years. I see it all the time.

The funniest thing I ever witnessed were two girls trying to set a stop sign. A one man job, yet these two could barley lift the post to set it.

I really doubt that but even if I give you the benefit of the doubt just remember that nearly all major road repairs are carried out by contractors.

I really doubt that but even if I give you the benefit of the doubt just remember that nearly all major road repairs are carried out by contractors.

I really dont care if you are a believer or not. I have experience in the field and so does my wife who is 13 years vested with the laborers local. Those contractors you speak of are union. Prevailing wage and all of that.

I laugh at you because just last week I once again witnessed what was just described.

Wow. Talk about a paranoid post. :cuckoo:
Taxing Americans ten generations hence for one year of spending is enough to make any mathematician paranoid, daGoose. I'm sorry you're blinded by fuzzy math. I'm not.

Forum List

Back