The Reps are going to save us from the ACA

"Both" sides have had decades to figure this out since the Heritage Foundation hatched the approach and it was implemented successfully in MA by Romney. Bowing to concentrated corporate power and wealth is simply more appealing to them than a solution for “the people”.

Perhaps you could explain this to @the_human_being ...

The Human being has always had group insurance. The Human Being bought into an employer sponsored insurance plan when he was eighteen years old and has been continually covered by major medical employer sponsored group insurance all his life except for the time he spent in the military. You could have done the same thing.

Me too, thank the Dems nice for the preexisting condition clause. The ACA is not free. Let me guess you get your insurance at work?

Yes. I'm retired since January 1, 2016 but my company pays for my insurance.

Making this, "I am totally in the tank for single payer insurance. I pay for my insurance and you pay for your insurance.", utter bullshit then.

Figures. No one with insurance is on their own.

Agree that this is very basic fact about all insurance. Those who do not use it pay for those who do. I don't know of anyone who likes it but not having insurance is a lot worse.

That's the beauty of group insurance.

And its fatal flaw.

It not dead. I still have it. Many people who are employed by the really good companies have it.

Me too, thank the Dems nice for the preexisting condition clause. The ACA is not free. Let me guess you get your insurance at work?

Making this, "I am totally in the tank for single payer insurance. I pay for my insurance and you pay for your insurance.", utter bullshit then.

Agree that this is very basic fact about all insurance. Those who do not use it pay for those who do. I don't know of anyone who likes it but not having insurance is a lot worse.

That's the beauty of group insurance.

And its fatal flaw.

Apparently, you never had an employer sponsored major medical group plan. Actually, it appears you never had any insurance at all until the UnAffordable Care Act came along. Just to educate you, we had health insurance long before Obama ever took office and came up with his disaster of a program. I purchased my first employer sponsored group health plan way back in 1962. Obamacare did not invent insurance.

"Both" sides have had decades to figure this out since the Heritage Foundation hatched the approach and it was implemented successfully in MA by Romney. Bowing to concentrated corporate power and wealth is simply more appealing to them than a solution for “the people”.

The Human being has always had group insurance. The Human Being bought into an employer sponsored insurance plan when he was eighteen years old and has been continually covered by major medical employer sponsored group insurance all his life except for the time he spent in the military. You could have done the same thing.

Those days are gone.

I am totally in the tank for single payer insurance. I pay for my insurance and you pay for your insurance.

You make the choice as to whom you choose to be employed. Fringe benefits are sometimes as or more important than the salary or hourly wage one receives. We all make choices in life. Some make better choices than others do.

Yes not everyone wants to work in a factory or behind a desk.

Those days are gone.

No. I know plenty of folks that have it. Exxon employees for example. I would even bet that most automobile manufacturers have it available for their employees.

I am totally in the tank for single payer insurance. I pay for my insurance and you pay for your insurance.

You make the choice as to whom you choose to be employed. Fringe benefits are sometimes as or more important than the salary or hourly wage one receives. We all make choices in life. Some make better choices than others do.

It's their choice to make. Why should someone else pay for the stupid choices others make?

Doesn't matter, in ameria, someone must always be punished and suffer.

It's their choice to make. Why should someone else pay for the stupid choices others make?

From the deadbeat guy who's retired and now lays about with insurance.

From the deadbeat guy who's retired and now lays about with insurance.

"lays" about??? As for the deadbeat part, I probably draw more in retirement than you make.

Who ius punished? We are created equal in America.

Who ius punished? We are created equal in America.

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha .....

[

Figures. No one with insurance is on their own.[/QUOTE]

You make the choice as to whom you choose to be employed. Fringe benefits are sometimes as or more important than the salary or hourly wage one receives. We all make choices in life. Some make better choices than others do.[/QUOTE]

Yes not everyone wants to work in a factory or behind a desk.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter, in ameria, someone must always be punished and suffer.[/QUOTE]

Well I don't know , where have you worked. Some people are fine staying at the same company for 50 years, others are not.

[

You make the choice as to whom you choose to be employed. Fringe benefits are sometimes as or more important than the salary or hourly wage one receives. We all make choices in life. Some make better choices than others do.[/QUOTE]

Well I don't know , where have you worked. Some people are fine staying at the same company for 50 years, others are not.[/QUOTE]

"Some people are fine staying at the same company for 50 years, ..."

That is hardly even an option for most these days.

[

Well I don't know , where have you worked. Some people are fine staying at the same company for 50 years, others are not.[/QUOTE]

I started out working in a large sawmill's power plant. I then was drafted into the US Army. When I got out, I went to work for an electrical company and learned electrical estimating. I went to VPI and got a degree in electrical engineering and then I started my own electrical design and construction company. I ran my company for thirty-five years and turned it over to my three kids to run on January 1, 2016.

[

"Some people are fine staying at the same company for 50 years, ..."

That is hardly even an option for most these days.[/QUOTE]

Then make it an option. Go into business.

[

I started out working in a large sawmill's power plant. I then was drafted into the US Army. When I got out, I went to work for an electrical company and learned electrical estimating. I went to VPI and got a degree in electrical engineering and then I started my own electrical design and construction company. I ran my company for thirty-five years and turned it over to my three kids to run on January 1, 2016.[/QUOTE]

So your children pay for your insurance. Not you.

Sounds to me like you folks are happy to set your own bars for yourselfs too low. What you are admitting is that you are incapable of taking care of yourselves and your own families.

[

I started out working in a large sawmill's power plant. I then was drafted into the US Army. When I got out, I went to work for an electrical company and learned electrical estimating. I went to VPI and got a degree in electrical engineering and then I started my own electrical design and construction company. I ran my company for thirty-five years and turned it over to my three kids to run on January 1, 2016.[/QUOTE]

So your children pay for your insurance. Not you.[/QUOTE]

No. My company pays for my insurance. It is still my company since I am the majority stockholder.

Sounds to me like you folks are happy to set your own bars for yourselfs too low. What you are admitting is that you are incapable of taking care of yourselves and your own families.

Thanks for the concern, employer insurance. Most expensive healthcare on the planet, with shitty outcomes compared to ther advanced societies, but you don't care about any of that, you children are able to cover you. Got it.

Forum List

Back