The Regressive Left Must be Stopped...

The Regressive Left is getting out of control. Are we seriously going to start telling people what sort of hairstyle they can or cannot have, and get personally insulted if they have a hairstyle you don't agree with? What is America coming to? Shouldn't we have the freedom to have our hair in a style that we desire?

Cultural Appropriation: Black Female Accosts White Male Over His Dreadlocks
No, what’s getting out of control are these ridiculous lies contrived by many on the right – this thread being one of many examples.

Indeed, the thread premise fails as both a straw man fallacy and a hasty generalization fallacy.

No one in the linked article is identified as ‘left.’

No one on ‘the left’ supports or approves of what occurred.

The actions of one individual are not ‘representative’ of an entire class of persons.

The propensity of most on the right to commit logical fallacies is likewise out of control.
Seriously the amount of ignorance on these forums is astounding. To be fair, I suppose you have Conservatives blanket cover all liberals as regressive so you must think that it isn't an actual term.

To be clear, the Regressive Left is an extremist subfaction of the left wing. Sort of like how not all Muslims are terrorist extremists. You can belong to the left and not be a part of the Regressive Left. Actions that typify a Regressive Leftist are basically those that are espoused by the woman in the video...basically, looking to silence the opinion of others and looking for subservience to the world view that you hold...especially when in support of a "minority" faction. It's literally a movement that is defined by the tactics used (hence the label of Regressive) rather than the ideals they hold. Here is a video that may help you clarify things for you (basically naming Regressives as the antithesis of Progressives)

Again. Who leads the regressive left.

Do you think I am a regressive leftist?

Who are you talking about ( besides the negro woman in the video ).

Name names, please.

I've asked you this before, and I'll ask you again. Why? What does that do? You seem to have started just circling through the arguments you seem to keep in your back pocket while not addressing any issues I've brought forth. Until you actually address points I've brought up and stop asking questions you have already asked I fail to see the point in continuing to discuss things with a person that seems to be an obvious troll (and you have been successful here).

The Regressive Left is getting out of control. Are we seriously going to start telling people what sort of hairstyle they can or cannot have, and get personally insulted if they have a hairstyle you don't agree with? What is America coming to? Shouldn't we have the freedom to have our hair in a style that we desire?

When I was in sports and school in the 1960's and 1970's..they told you what to wear, how short your hair will be cut, you had daily prayers, prayers at games..I mean when has this subject not been around in our past...
They tend to do the same thing at your job too. The difference is that when you are on a sports team or a politician or a job you are representing something and are required to meet certain standards in order to fit in (I was in the military, whatever you experienced I've experienced to a far greater degree). The issue here is that this guy isn't on the job and having his boss tell him that he isn't showing up according to grooming standards, he isn't on a sports team and being told he's got to wear the jersey with his name on the back, he's walking through the hallways of what looks like a public area and being accosted for representing...himself (or, in the mind of the regressive leftist, appropriating black culture). If you really cannot see the difference in something like that, I'm not sure if I can help you.
Ah yes, there is the word for the day,, regressive..My penis is regressive to sexual activity after cancer treatments..I like that word..Let us wear t-shirts with regressive printed on front and leftist on the back....
Care to explain how the actions of one represent the many. Or is that to regressive of a question?

No, what’s getting out of control are these ridiculous lies contrived by many on the right – this thread being one of many examples.

Indeed, the thread premise fails as both a straw man fallacy and a hasty generalization fallacy.

The actions of one individual are not ‘representative’ of an entire class of persons.

The propensity of most on the right to commit logical fallacies is likewise out of control.
Seriously the amount of ignorance on these forums is astounding. To be fair, I suppose you have Conservatives blanket cover all liberals as regressive so you must think that it isn't an actual term.

To be clear, the Regressive Left is an extremist subfaction of the left wing. Sort of like how not all Muslims are terrorist extremists. You can belong to the left and not be a part of the Regressive Left. Actions that typify a Regressive Leftist are basically those that are espoused by the woman in the video...basically, looking to silence the opinion of others and looking for subservience to the world view that you hold...especially when in support of a "minority" faction. It's literally a movement that is defined by the tactics used (hence the label of Regressive) rather than the ideals they hold. Here is a video that may help you clarify things for you (basically naming Regressives as the antithesis of Progressives)

Again. Who leads the regressive left.

Who are you talking about ( besides the negro woman in the video ).

Name names, please.

I've asked you this before, and I'll ask you again. Why? What does that do? You seem to have started just circling through the arguments you seem to keep in your back pocket while not addressing any issues I've brought forth. Until you actually address points I've brought up and stop asking questions you have already asked I fail to see the point in continuing to discuss things with a person that seems to be an obvious troll (and you have been successful here).

Ruh Roh! You aren't going to put me on iggy, are ya?

So one woman gives a guy shit about his hairstyle, and suddenly everyone on the left must be stopped?
Pretty much.

Or everyone on ‘the left’ is ‘to blame.’

It’s just another variation of the moronic ‘PC’ myth – as well as another thread premise that fails as a fallacy.
Well you know how it is in a myopic mind set...

You think she's progressive just because she's black? She actually sounds more conservative to me.

I honestly think I must be the only moderate person on these forums. I've literally seen these guys support points I bring up when it goes along with their idea set (which is liberal...the same way I tend to lean). However, when I bring up an extremist subsect of the left, they all rally behind some sort of religion like I'm accosting the entire left and, instead of actually addressing any points I've brought up (I've literally heard nobody try to argue that her actions are excusable, and I've heard no rebuttals against my examples of modern feminism or BLM as evidence that this EXAMPLE is representative of a larger problem and not simply a statistical outlier). This is what happens when people devolve from being rational beings open to discussion into being people that use Trump-like tactics of ignoring counterpoints and refusing to address anything but one already believes in. I'm honestly surprised that these left wingers don't vote for Trump as they seem to enjoy the same tactics he utilizes in his presidential campaign.

I honestly think I must be the only moderate person on these forums. I've literally seen these guys support points I bring up when it goes along with their idea set (which is liberal...the same way I tend to lean). However, when I bring up an extremist subsect of the left, they all rally behind some sort of religion like I'm accosting the entire left and, instead of actually addressing any points I've brought up (I've literally heard nobody try to argue that her actions are excusable, and I've heard no rebuttals against my examples of modern feminism or BLM as evidence that this EXAMPLE is representative of a larger problem and not simply a statistical outlier). This is what happens when people devolve from being rational beings open to discussion into being people that use Trump-like tactics of ignoring counterpoints and refusing to address anything but one already believes in. I'm honestly surprised that these left wingers don't vote for Trump as they seem to enjoy the same tactics he utilizes in his presidential campaign.
Oh, you're not alone. I'm a left-leaning independent but I'm virulently anti-PC, and they go full drama queen on me with great regularity.

It's as much a part of their core as Christianity is to many conservatives.

You and Mac should cuddle up in a pea pod somewhere. Pick one with a constant feed of self-affirming dialogue.

You've failed to answer questions. I'll try once more.

Have you talked to a single person....here or elsewhere....who agrees with the actions and words of the negro woman in the video?

Oh, you're not alone. I'm a left-leaning independent but I'm virulently anti-PC, and they go full drama queen on me with great regularity.

It's as much a part of their core as Christianity is to many conservatives.

Look Mac! You found a friend!

Earmuffs!

The first time I heard the phrase "Regressive Left" was when honest liberals Bill Maher and Richard Dawkins used it:

The first time I heard the phrase "Regressive Left" was when honest liberals Bill Maher and Richard Dawkins used it:

I'm not sure when I actually first heard of the actual terminology of the "Regressive Left"...but it was probably around that time. The first time I actually started to think of it as an issue though was actually listening to a Joe Rogan Podcast with Gad Saad (I'll link it later). I think I had seen some rumblings and maybe a couple articles, but hearing, from a college professor, just how toxic the environment that he and his colleges were forced to work in really highlighted how much of an issue that it was. I educated myself and started listening to a lot of other things and, especially with the Yale Halloween incident, I've really become convinced that it is truly a danger to us as an American society (although it is an ideology that is outside of our country as Gad Saad, a Canadian professor, highlights). I'm a fan that these guys are, in theory, looking to increase support / respect / consideration for minorities...however their tactics oppress all those that do not agree with their idea set. This oppression of basic freedoms, I feel, is truly toxic to us.

I'm not sure when I actually first heard of the actual terminology of the "Regressive Left"...but it was probably around that time. The first time I actually started to think of it as an issue though was actually listening to a Joe Rogan Podcast with Gad Saad (I'll link it later). I think I had seen some rumblings and maybe a couple articles, but hearing, from a college professor, just how toxic the environment that he and his colleges were forced to work in really highlighted how much of an issue that it was. I educated myself and started listening to a lot of other things and, especially with the Yale Halloween incident, I've really become convinced that it is truly a danger to us as an American society (although it is an ideology that is outside of our country as Gad Saad, a Canadian professor, highlights). I'm a fan that these guys are, in theory, looking to increase support / respect / consideration for minorities...however their tactics oppress all those that do not agree with their idea set. This oppression of basic freedoms, I feel, is truly toxic to us.

Agreed. These people aren't liberals, they're a mutation, a distortion. Proud, life-long Democrat Kirsten Powers (the lady in my sig) calls them "illiberal", which is very fitting. Even President Obama decries PC, calling it "a recipe for dogmatism".

They've found a way to weaponize PC and they've gone completely over the edge with it.

You can no more communicate with them than you can with a wild-eyed teenager on the streets of Damascus.

I'm a fan that these guys are, in theory, looking to increase support / respect / consideration for minorities...however their tactics oppress all those that do not agree with their idea set. This oppression of basic freedoms, I feel, is truly toxic to us.
And by the way, this is an interesting point.

Regarding the zealots, the True Believers, I'm no longer convinced that they're actually trying to heal wounds, improve race relations. Observing their behavior, I'm more and more convinced that some of them are more interested in winning, in payback for past sins. Healing to them is irrelevant.

Many of them on this board.

What's your take on PA laws and whether or not the baker should have to bake the cake for the gay wedding? Are those cases of regressives infringing on the rights of others?

"The Regressive Left Must be Stopped..."

Typical of most on the authoritarian right: all dissent and differing points of view must be ‘stopped’ – conformity must be compelled, diversity must be feared and ridiculed.

Typical of most on the authoritarian right: all dissent and differing points of view must be ‘stopped’ – conformity must be compelled, diversity must be feared and ridiculed.
Actually that is the exact reason I'm against the regressive left. As explained, that tends to be the viewpoint of that extremist faction. You honestly sound like you have no clue what the Regressive Left is, since you basically described their tactics and tried to transpose them onto me (remember, I'm the guy arguing that the dude in the video should be allowed to wear his hair however he feels).

Actually that is the exact reason I'm against the regressive left. As explained, that tends to be the viewpoint of that extremist faction. You honestly sound like you have no clue what the Regressive Left is, since you basically described their tactics and tried to transpose them onto me (remember, I'm the guy arguing that the dude in the video should be allowed to wear his hair however he feels).

Have you encountered a single person here who thinks the dude in the video should not be allowed to wear his hair however he feels?

Forum List

Back