The Regressive Left Must be Stopped...

Wow....you really are desperate to be offended about something.

1 man is accosted by 1 woman- and of course that is evidence to you that the Left is going to tell you what hairstyle to wear.

Oh the horror......LOL
Correct, if it was only one case then this really wouldn't be a worry. Unfortunately, this is simply just one example of behavior that is being perpetuated throughout America in our universities. If this is the first time you have heard of this, you might just have your head firmly planted in the sand.

How Trigger Warnings Are Hurting Mental Health on Campus

Again....name the leaders of the regressive leftists who are bugging you.

When is the last time you actually interacted with a group of college students?
Uhhh...exactly what would that prove? That doesn't even make sense. How about this you tell ME how naming a particular person actually makes a difference when we are talking about a noticeable portion of the population that follows a certain ideology. You're literally trying to distract from the issue I've pointed out, which is saying that there are a lot of people that follow a Regressive Leftist mentality...attacking or deconstructing one individual really matters ZERO. It's like al-Quaeda. We killed Osama...you know what? They are still operating.

Don't distract from the issue by bringing up something irrelevant. Now, if you want to argue that it isn't an issue, or if maybe those large groups don't represent Regressive ideals, then sure, go ahead and lay out your argument. However, why you are trying to point to one person or another really mystifies me unless you are just trying to not talk about the point that I originally raised.

Noticeable portion?

You are boring me. Go masturbate with Mac. You both take a few weirdos and ascribe their weirdness to an entire population of people who wish to protect the civil rights of minorities.

The bitch in your video is not representative of a large movement of people. You have not supported that claim.

She is a nobody.
I did point towards two large movements of people, both modern feminists and the BLM movement as regressive leftist movements that have proven in both academia and even in this election cycle to be disruptive and trample upon basic freedom of speech rights. YOU have yet to prove that those movements aren't large or don't have an impact.

They are indeed movements. They have not tried to stop white people from wearing dreadlocks.

What regressive legislation have these movements influenced? What is regressive about them?

Correct, if it was only one case then this really wouldn't be a worry. Unfortunately, this is simply just one example of behavior that is being perpetuated throughout America in our universities. If this is the first time you have heard of this, you might just have your head firmly planted in the sand.

How Trigger Warnings Are Hurting Mental Health on Campus

Uhhh...exactly what would that prove? That doesn't even make sense. How about this you tell ME how naming a particular person actually makes a difference when we are talking about a noticeable portion of the population that follows a certain ideology. You're literally trying to distract from the issue I've pointed out, which is saying that there are a lot of people that follow a Regressive Leftist mentality...attacking or deconstructing one individual really matters ZERO. It's like al-Quaeda. We killed Osama...you know what? They are still operating.

Don't distract from the issue by bringing up something irrelevant. Now, if you want to argue that it isn't an issue, or if maybe those large groups don't represent Regressive ideals, then sure, go ahead and lay out your argument. However, why you are trying to point to one person or another really mystifies me unless you are just trying to not talk about the point that I originally raised.

Noticeable portion?

You are boring me. Go masturbate with Mac. You both take a few weirdos and ascribe their weirdness to an entire population of people who wish to protect the civil rights of minorities.

The bitch in your video is not representative of a large movement of people. You have not supported that claim.

She is a nobody.
I did point towards two large movements of people, both modern feminists and the BLM movement as regressive leftist movements that have proven in both academia and even in this election cycle to be disruptive and trample upon basic freedom of speech rights. YOU have yet to prove that those movements aren't large or don't have an impact.

They are movements. They have not tried To stop white people from wearing dreadlocks.

What regressive legislation have these movements influenced? What is regressive about them?
Are you serious? Have you really heard nothing about highways being blocked, academics being unable to speak at campuses, academics being forced to leave hostile environments, or any other number of issues that have arisen as a result of both the BLM or the feminist movements.

Truly, at this point, it just seems that you are ignorant of the actions of these groups. With your ignorance in mind, I will say this. It must look like these are "outsider" movements without much attention. I urge you to educate yourself on the matter and see just how much they have had an affect on both academia and our society. For the academics that are trying to combat the regressive leftist movement, I suggest you consume content from Sam Harris, Gad Saad, or Christina Hoff Sommers...the are perhaps at the forefront of the academics moving against the regressive left.

Noticeable portion?

She is a nobody.

They are movements. They have not tried To stop white people from wearing dreadlocks.

Are you serious? Have you really heard nothing about highways being blocked, academics being unable to speak at campuses, academics being forced to leave hostile environments, or any other number of issues that have arisen as a result of both the BLM or the feminist movements.

Truly, at this point, it just seems that you are ignorant of the actions of these groups. With your ignorance in mind, I will say this. It must look like these are "outsider" movements without much attention. I urge you to educate yourself on the matter and see just how much they have had an affect on both academia and our society. For the academics that are trying to combat the regressive leftist movement, I suggest you consume content from Sam Harris, Gad Saad, or Christina Hoff Sommers...the are perhaps at the forefront of the academics moving against the regressive left.

Look at you. Sam Harris! He's a winner.

What LEGISLATION has been passed as a result of these movements that has stripped you of a single right or freedom?

I'm bummed that a few assholes have been prevented from speaking at some colleges. But they have been heard at other colleges. Some students have taken the wrong approach. They are young.

But....you still haven't developed your OP.

Simply put....you were put off by this young negro woman whining about her culture and harrassinh that kid. It upset you so much that you had to vent. In doing so, you overreacted and tried to equate her poor behaviour with "liberals" in general.

When I pointed that out, you went on to aBle and the feminist movement ( whatever you think that is ). But you never supported your claim.

Simply put....you were put off by this young negro woman whining about her culture and harrassinh that kid. It upset you so much that you had to vent. In doing so, you overreacted and tried to equate her poor behaviour with "liberals" in general.

When I pointed that out, you went on to aBle and the feminist movement ( whatever you think that is ). But you never supported your claim.
At this point I'm not sure if you are blatantly lying to be malicious or just that stupid.

When, and please quote me, did I ever equate her behavior to liberals, in general? Are you really so ignorant that you actually think that the entire liberal wing is made up of the Regressive Left? I've actually went out of my way to say that I'm a liberal, and that the EXTREMIST left faction is a danger to us all...right or left wing.

You keep asking about legislation...yet you throw away the fact that there are ACTIONS that I've named that have had an effect on both academia and our society. However, because those actions aren't written down...well, it must not be any real danger to you. I suppose you also don't mind Trump's campaign. Why? Well, it isn't written in stone that he will be leader, so no big deal there. I'm 100% sure I haven't seen you bashing a Conservative candidate on these forums since you wait to see something written in legislation to act upon it. #makesense

Edit: There is actually a lot of legislation that has been passed in support of the feminist movement and maybe even some for the BLM movement, the main point I wanted to hone in on was that it doesn't matter since there are clear ACTIONS that have been taken that we are suffering for (and I'm also too lazy to go through and list all the legislation passed in support of the modern feminist ideals and lobbies).

Last edited:
The Regressive Left is getting out of control. Are we seriously going to start telling people what sort of hairstyle they can or cannot have, and get personally insulted if they have a hairstyle you don't agree with? What is America coming to? Shouldn't we have the freedom to have our hair in a style that we desire?

Cultural Appropriation: Black Female Accosts White Male Over His Dreadlocks
No, what’s getting out of control are these ridiculous lies contrived by many on the right – this thread being one of many examples.

Indeed, the thread premise fails as both a straw man fallacy and a hasty generalization fallacy.

No one in the linked article is identified as ‘left.’

No one on ‘the left’ supports or approves of what occurred.

The actions of one individual are not ‘representative’ of an entire class of persons.

The propensity of most on the right to commit logical fallacies is likewise out of control.

At this point I'm not sure if you are blatantly lying to be malicious or just that stupid.

When, and please quote me, did I ever equate her behavior to liberals, in general? Are you really so ignorant that you actually think that the entire liberal wing is made up of the Regressive Left? I've actually went out of my way to say that I'm a liberal, and that the EXTREMIST left faction is a danger to us all...right or left wing.

You keep asking about legislation...yet you throw away the fact that there are ACTIONS that I've named that have had an effect on both academia and our society. However, because those actions aren't written down...well, it must not be any real danger to you. I suppose you also don't mind Trump's campaign. Why? Well, it isn't written in stone that he will be leader, so no big deal there. I'm 100% sure I haven't seen you bashing a Conservative candidate on these forums since you wait to see something written in legislation to act upon it. #makesense

Yes. You said that you are a liberal. I saw that. What was your reason for saying it when you did? You clearly want to distance yourself from the overwhelming movement within the liberal community which threatens your freedoms. I'm telling you that there are no influential liberals who are calling for people to be banned from campus or for white kids to not wear dreads. That is YOU OVERREACTING.

I asked you earlier. When is the last time that you spent time with groups of college students? Why do you think that MOST of them are like the negro woman in he video? Is it because Sam Harris told you they were? Do you also think most Muslims want to kill you because you aren't a Muslim?

The Regressive Left is getting out of control. Are we seriously going to start telling people what sort of hairstyle they can or cannot have, and get personally insulted if they have a hairstyle you don't agree with? What is America coming to? Shouldn't we have the freedom to have our hair in a style that we desire?

So one woman gives a guy shit about his hairstyle, and suddenly everyone on the left must be stopped?

Pointing out stories like this allow the PC Police to leverage one of their more effective spin strategies: Isolation.

They pretend that people like this are one-offs, operating in a vacuum, just a silly person. They isolate the behavior to minimize it it, dilute it, trivialize it.

What they deftly avoid addressing, of course, is the larger culture that creates people and behaviors like this on a macro scale. A large grievance & punishment environment in which adherents look for excuses to be offended, to attack, to intimidate.

This one girl? Yeah, she's just crazy. Let's just avoid recognizing the culture that made her that way.
I predict it, they do it.

I just re-read the opening post. Man....what a bunch of shit.

To the OP. Has anyone ever told you how you must style your hair?

Do you think anyone ever will? Is this a concern of yours?

Do you want to wear dreadlocks? Do you think you cannot?

Noticeable portion?

She is a nobody.

What LEGISLATION has been passed as a result of these movements that has stripped you of a single right or freedom?

I'm bummed that a few assholes have been prevented from speaking at some colleges. But they have been heard at other colleges. Some students have taken the wrong approach. They are young.

What do you call the ill-humored spewing that you do, if it's not *venting*...what is it? Do you just hate it when people speak out against discrimination and harassment??

Pointing out stories like this allow the PC Police to leverage one of their more effective spin strategies: Isolation.

They pretend that people like this are one-offs, operating in a vacuum, just a silly person. They isolate the behavior to minimize it it, dilute it, trivialize it.

What they deftly avoid addressing, of course, is the larger culture that creates people and behaviors like this on a macro scale. A large grievance & punishment environment in which adherents look for excuses to be offended, to attack, to intimidate.

This one girl? Yeah, she's just crazy. Let's just avoid recognizing the culture that made her that way.
I predict it, they do it.

You make a mountain out of a molehill....and bitch when normal people point at the molehill and laugh at you.

Earmuffs, bitch.

When I was in sports and school in the 1960's and 1970's..they told you what to wear, how short your hair will be cut, you had daily prayers, prayers at games..I mean when has this subject not been around in our past...

Noticeable portion?

She is a nobody.

What do you call the ill-humored spewing that you do, if it's not *venting*...what is it? Do you just hate it when people speak out against discrimination and harassment??

Why are you addressing me? Didn't you ask Mods to ask me not to talk to you a long time ago? Are you some kind of schizo?

No, what’s getting out of control are these ridiculous lies contrived by many on the right – this thread being one of many examples.

Indeed, the thread premise fails as both a straw man fallacy and a hasty generalization fallacy.

The actions of one individual are not ‘representative’ of an entire class of persons.

The propensity of most on the right to commit logical fallacies is likewise out of control.
Seriously the amount of ignorance on these forums is astounding. To be fair, I suppose you have Conservatives blanket cover all liberals as regressive so you must think that it isn't an actual term.

To be clear, the Regressive Left is an extremist subfaction of the left wing. Sort of like how not all Muslims are terrorist extremists. You can belong to the left and not be a part of the Regressive Left. Actions that typify a Regressive Leftist are basically those that are espoused by the woman in the video...basically, looking to silence the opinion of others and looking for subservience to the world view that you hold...especially when in support of a "minority" faction. It's literally a movement that is defined by the tactics used (hence the label of Regressive) rather than the ideals they hold. Here is a video that may help you clarify things for you (basically naming Regressives as the antithesis of Progressives)

Seriously the amount of ignorance on these forums is astounding. To be fair, I suppose you have Conservatives blanket cover all liberals as regressive so you must think that it isn't an actual term.

To be clear, the Regressive Left is an extremist subfaction of the left wing. Sort of like how not all Muslims are terrorist extremists. You can belong to the left and not be a part of the Regressive Left. Actions that typify a Regressive Leftist are basically those that are espoused by the woman in the video...basically, looking to silence the opinion of others and looking for subservience to the world view that you hold...especially when in support of a "minority" faction. It's literally a movement that is defined by the tactics used (hence the label of Regressive) rather than the ideals they hold. Here is a video that may help you clarify things for you (basically naming Regressives as the antithesis of Progressives)

Gee, when you learn a new word you reiterate with redundancy that there new word you learned...We shall put you in a special category along with such notable notables, or Who's Who list of posters on USMB..You are being put right next to Vagalinte...Congratulations......and as far as regressive lefts, there is no such animals...in your op source...

Again. Who leads the regressive left.

Do you think I am a regressive leftist?

Who are you talking about ( besides the negro woman in the video ).

Name names, please.

When I was in sports and school in the 1960's and 1970's..they told you what to wear, how short your hair will be cut, you had daily prayers, prayers at games..I mean when has this subject not been around in our past...
They tend to do the same thing at your job too. The difference is that when you are on a sports team or a politician or a job you are representing something and are required to meet certain standards in order to fit in (I was in the military, whatever you experienced I've experienced to a far greater degree). The issue here is that this guy isn't on the job and having his boss tell him that he isn't showing up according to grooming standards, he isn't on a sports team and being told he's got to wear the jersey with his name on the back, he's walking through the hallways of what looks like a public area and being accosted for representing...himself (or, in the mind of the regressive leftist, appropriating black culture). If you really cannot see the difference in something like that, I'm not sure if I can help you.

Again. Who leads the regressive left.

Do you think I am a regressive leftist?

Who are you talking about ( besides the negro woman in the video ).

Name names, please.

Please stop..The young man is trying to project intellectualism...

So one woman gives a guy shit about his hairstyle, and suddenly everyone on the left must be stopped?
Pretty much.

Or everyone on ‘the left’ is ‘to blame.’

It’s just another variation of the moronic ‘PC’ myth – as well as another thread premise that fails as a fallacy.

They tend to do the same thing at your job too. The difference is that when you are on a sports team or a politician or a job you are representing something and are required to meet certain standards in order to fit in (I was in the military, whatever you experienced I've experienced to a far greater degree). The issue here is that this guy isn't on the job and having his boss tell him that he isn't showing up according to grooming standards, he isn't on a sports team and being told he's got to wear the jersey with his name on the back, he's walking through the hallways of what looks like a public area and being accosted for representing...himself (or, in the mind of the regressive leftist, appropriating black culture). If you really cannot see the difference in something like that, I'm not sure if I can help you.

Has anyone you've talked to about this told you that the negro woman in the video was in the right....or represents their views in any way?

Forum List

Back