Patty Duke, age 69

She was a huge star in the 60's

Her cousin Cathy was not a bad actress either

Last edited:
She was a huge star in the 60's

Her sister Cathy was not a bad actress either

Her sisters name was Carol, and wasnt' an actress.

Cathy was her cousin, and was every bit as good as patty.

It really does hit you hard when you watch icons of your youth pass on. I remember how I felt when I learned Ken Stabler died just recently. I watched him for years and just couldn't imagine him getting older. There have been others that have passed on that when I heard of it, I felt a void. Should Roger Staubach pass on before me, it will be really, really tough.

It really does hit you hard when you watch icons of your youth pass on. I remember how I felt when I learned Ken Stabler died just recently. I watched him for years and just couldn't imagine him getting older. There have been others that have passed on that when I heard of it, I felt a void. Should Roger Staubach pass on before me, it will be really, really tough.

Really hit me when Dick Clark died.

Saw him weekly on American Bandstand, etc, and he always looked like he was far younger than he was.

Patty's former husband.

Add004.jpg

Just read this this, she had a hard life.

"Duke's life and career were tumultuous, and not just because of her bipolar disorder or the fact she worked so much (her Internet Movie Database page shows she has a movie, Power of the Air, coming out in 2017), but because of her personal life.

She was married four times and had multiple affairs, which led to some confusion over the father of one of her three children, actor Sean Astin (his dad turned out to be one of her lovers-turned-short-lived husbands)."
Oscar-winning former child star Patty Duke dies, age 69

R.I.P. Patty Duke

Gosh, she died this morning from a ruptured intestine causing sepsis. Wonder what caused the rupture?

Oh, I hate hearing this....Meet patty who's been most everywhere......Great actress. Her best role, as a child, playing a deaf girl. WOW, all the good ones are dying...and she was young, 69 is not old.

I think she played Helen Keller.

Miracle worker and then she played the teacher in a later movie, with Malisa gilber playing the role of Helen. Great lady, gonna be missed.

Forum List

Back