The Regressive Left and Islam -- What is happening here?

They are conditioned to attack when they are exposed like this.

The fact remains that they are defensive of and very tolerant of Islam, that they deflect in favor of Islam (as is being so clearly demonstrated here), and they are very quick to attack Christianity as viciously as possible at every opportunity.

They can't deny those facts, so off the track they go.

My question here is why. Their motivation for this behavior. I think Dogmaphobe provided excellent theories in post 39.

You have yet to prove your theory.

Please name names. Provide examples of people here defending acts of Islamic terrorists and then attacking Christianity. Can you do that?

Muslim Vs. Christian Terrorist Kill Scores
Freewill, I put that poster on ignore about three years ago, and he knows it, yet he keeps posting to and about me. Interesting, huh? Unfortunately, I can still see his posts when someone quotes him while posting to me, or if I get an "alert". Yucky!

Now, please carefully note what he did there, it's a lovely example of the blatant dishonesty of his that motivated me to dump him into ignore, and of the kind of deflection I so brilliantly (!) predicted in the OP:

I've never said that he and the other Regressive Lefties "defend the acts of Islamic terrorists". I have made their actual behaviors (primarily deflection) abundantly clear on this and many other threads. But nasty, dishonest straw man arguments are all they have in response to my points. Which essentially demonstrate my accuracy.

These are nasty, hateful, bigoted liars.

Well we knew this from the beginning. It feels kinda good to put some folks on ignore. I almost put him on ignore because of his Nazi reference but decided not to.

I hope the one example I provided for you is proof enough for him..(I laughed as I typed)

What Nazi reference?

My bad, it wasn't you it was NYcaribiner.

Islam isn't guilty. People are. You and the OP who condemn a religion for the acts of individuals are no different than Hitler and his condemnation of the Jews.

You've never heard innocent Muslims condemned on this board? Fuckinay that's funny.

Another backhanded apology for Islam, just as the OP asked.

Islam isn't guilty. People are. You and the OP who condemn a religion for the acts of individuals are no different than Hitler and his condemnation of the Jews.
I've never condemned Islam or any other religion for the acts of individuals.

You lie. You never fail to attack people like myself who defend innocent Muslims, and innocent Muslims only.

What "innocent" Muslim did mac attack in this thread? I can't recall him attacking any Muslims, most time I consider him a closet liberal. :D

I am glad you will defend innocent gun owners.
ssshhhhh!

:laugh:

The fact remains that they are defensive of and very tolerant of Islam, that they deflect in favor of Islam (as is being so clearly demonstrated here), and they are very quick to attack Christianity as viciously as possible at every opportunity.

My question here is why. Their motivation for this behavior. I think Dogmaphobe provided excellent theories in post 39.

Please name names. Provide examples of people here defending acts of Islamic terrorists and then attacking Christianity. Can you do that?

He can't name any because there aren't any.

He manipulates one's defense of innocent Muslims to try to make it appear they are defending terrorists.

Plus you can note his bigotry in the OP:

"This is so fascinating to watch, and election of London's new mayor is shedding even more light on it.

Members of one specific religion - a religion with a current record of extreme violence, intimidation and terror - are telling us precisely what they're going to do, and they're doing it. It's expansion is clear and rapid and undeniable. We're watching it happen in real time, particularly across Europe. This isn't a partisan or religious opinion, it is a clear fact, based on observation."

See how he starts with the election of London's new Muslim mayor, and then weasely launches into a rant about terrorists?
Classic guilt by association tactic.

But...Mac doesn't condemn all Muslims as terrorists. Those are just his words being misunderstood by us. It is clearly our problem.

He's adept at weasel words. His implications and intent are crystal clear but he sticks to implication and insinuation so he can childishly claim that you can't quote him saying that.

He's quite a bit like PoliticalChic in that regard. Two weasels in a pod. lol

Freewill, I put that poster on ignore about three years ago, and he knows it, yet he keeps posting to and about me. Interesting, huh? Unfortunately, I can still see his posts when someone quotes him while posting to me, or if I get an "alert". Yucky!

Now, please carefully note what he did there, it's a lovely example of the blatant dishonesty of his that motivated me to dump him into ignore, and of the kind of deflection I so brilliantly (!) predicted in the OP:

I've never said that he and the other Regressive Lefties "defend the acts of Islamic terrorists". I have made their actual behaviors (primarily deflection) abundantly clear on this and many other threads. But nasty, dishonest straw man arguments are all they have in response to my points. Which essentially demonstrate my accuracy.

Well we knew this from the beginning. It feels kinda good to put some folks on ignore. I almost put him on ignore because of his Nazi reference but decided not to.

I hope the one example I provided for you is proof enough for him..(I laughed as I typed)

What Nazi reference?

What Nazi reference?

What Nazi reference?

Islam is condemned all the time here. People dig out passages of the Koran and say this is why the religion should be condemned.

What Nazi reference?

Oh. You saw something that wasn't there. You are just like Mac, then.

Remember....fuck Allah!

What Nazi reference?

What Nazi reference?

I told him that condemning all of Islam for terrorism is comparable to Hitler condemning all of Judaism.

Which is accurate.

What Nazi reference?

Islam is condemned all the time here. People dig out passages of the Koran and say this is why the religion should be condemned.

And the Bible and Christianity is attacked all the time. That's the point of the OP. Christianity gets attacked by the left all the time, but Islam? Not so much. He is asking why. You are just trying to deflect back on Mac, which is just another false flag argument of the left.

What Nazi reference?

And the Bible and Christianity is attacked all the time. That's the point of the OP. Christianity gets attacked by the left all the time, but Islam? Not so much. He is asking why. You are just trying to deflect back on Mac, which is just another false flag argument of the left.

I condemn Christians who commit acts of terror.

I condemn bigots who falsely claim that the Bible supports their bigotry.

What Nazi reference?

Islam doesn't get attacked? Are you fucking insane?

What Nazi reference?

Or perhaps it should be condemned because these people are the most brutal, vile, intolerant people.

Can you read statistics?

Somehow even the regressives abandon the stupid "not all" argument in droves, when it comes to white people. Indeed, all white people are racist.

What Nazi reference?

Oh. You saw something that wasn't there. You are just like Mac, then.

Remember....fuck Allah!

NO, it is there, I just got my Islamic apologists mixed up.

Well then perhaps you would be kind enough to give a specific example and put away your hasty generalizations.
What? You're serious here?

Just from this board alone, you can't think of any examples of people deflecting to the evils of Christianity after a jihadist attack?

You can't think of Leftists leveraging "hasty generalizations" about Christians?

You can't think of any examples of leftists attacking Christianity for many of the same ideals or acts perpetrated by Islam?

You can't think of any times a leftist has deflected to "Islamophobia" or even "racism" when someone pointed out a misdeed of Islam?

There's no way you're serious.

You've never heard innocent Muslims condemned on this board? Fuckinay that's funny.

Another backhanded apology for Islam, just as the OP asked.

I've never condemned Islam or any other religion for the acts of individuals. And, in fact, I specifically pointed out in the OP that this thread is about the behaviors of people like you, and not about religion.

In other words, that's not what I said.

And DING!

As USMB's King of the Straw Man, you know that you are allowed one (1) "that's not what I said" per thread.

You may attempt to communicate with me on another thread, at which time I will choose whether to respond.

Thanks for fulfilling the prediction made in the last paragraph of the OP, so vividly, for me.

If this thread is to attack me, what are you attacking?

What Nazi reference?

Islam doesn't get attacked? Are you fucking insane?

ATTACKED BY THE LEFT! Are you hard of seeing?

What Nazi reference?

This is the psychological part of it that is so fascinating. They will jump right in with both feet and illustrate my point for me.

Do they not see this? If not, it's another indication to me that commitment to an ideology literally distorts perceptions. No matter how obvious something is, it doesn't deter them from continuing the very behavior on which they are being exposed!

So that takes me back to the OP. They will continue to spin and deflect for what is happening (in Europe, for example), clearly without acknowledging the ramifications of what's happening. So is their ideology prohibiting them from seeing what is happening? Are they then being honest, that they really don't see it?

Fascinating stuff.

Forum List

Back