The Regressive Left and Islam -- What is happening here?

Freewill, I put that poster on ignore about three years ago, and he knows it, yet he keeps posting to and about me. Interesting, huh? Unfortunately, I can still see his posts when someone quotes him while posting to me, or if I get an "alert". Yucky!

Now, please carefully note what he did there, it's a lovely example of the blatant dishonesty of his that motivated me to dump him into ignore, and of the kind of deflection I so brilliantly (!) predicted in the OP:

I've never said that he and the other Regressive Lefties "defend the acts of Islamic terrorists". I have made their actual behaviors (primarily deflection) abundantly clear on this and many other threads. But nasty, dishonest straw man arguments are all they have in response to my points. Which essentially demonstrate my accuracy.

These are nasty, hateful, bigoted liars.

Well we knew this from the beginning. It feels kinda good to put some folks on ignore. I almost put him on ignore because of his Nazi reference but decided not to.

I hope the one example I provided for you is proof enough for him..(I laughed as I typed)

What Nazi reference?

My bad, it wasn't you it was NYcaribiner.

Islam isn't guilty. People are. You and the OP who condemn a religion for the acts of individuals are no different than Hitler and his condemnation of the Jews.

Islam is condemned all the time here. People dig out passages of the Koran and say this is why the religion should be condemned.

Or perhaps it should be condemned because these people are the most brutal, vile, intolerant people.

Can you read statistics?

See? Who just tried to say that no one is attacking innocent Muslims? Or the religion itself?

No sooner said, one pops up!

What Nazi reference?

Islam isn't guilty. People are. You and the OP who condemn a religion for the acts of individuals are no different than Hitler and his condemnation of the Jews.

Islam is condemned all the time here. People dig out passages of the Koran and say this is why the religion should be condemned.

And the Bible and Christianity is attacked all the time. That's the point of the OP. Christianity gets attacked by the left all the time, but Islam? Not so much. He is asking why. You are just trying to deflect back on Mac, which is just another false flag argument of the left.

Islam doesn't get attacked? Are you fucking insane?

ATTACKED BY THE LEFT! Are you hard of seeing?

I'm not going to attack innocent Muslims, sorry.

Islam doesn't kill people. People kill people. lol

Well we knew this from the beginning. It feels kinda good to put some folks on ignore. I almost put him on ignore because of his Nazi reference but decided not to.

I hope the one example I provided for you is proof enough for him..(I laughed as I typed)

What Nazi reference?

Or perhaps it should be condemned because these people are the most brutal, vile, intolerant people.

Can you read statistics?

See? Who just tried to say that no one is attacking innocent Muslims? Or the religion itself?

No sooner said, one pops up!

I didn't say I am not attacking the religion.

Fuck Islam... and muslims... ALLL of them.

"Nazis didn't kill people, people kill people".

What Nazi reference?

And the Bible and Christianity is attacked all the time. That's the point of the OP. Christianity gets attacked by the left all the time, but Islam? Not so much. He is asking why. You are just trying to deflect back on Mac, which is just another false flag argument of the left.
This is the psychological part of it that is so fascinating. They will jump right in with both feet and illustrate my point for me.

Do they not see this? If not, it's another indication to me that commitment to an ideology literally distorts perceptions. No matter how obvious something is, it doesn't deter them from continuing the behavior on which they are being exposed!

So that takes me back to the OP. They will continue to spin and deflect for what is happening (in Europe, for example), clearly without acknowledging the ramifications of what's happening. So is their ideology prohibiting them from seeing what is happening? Are they then being honest, that they really don't see it?

Fascinating stuff.

I don't think you expected anyone to say "hey Mac you are right, I am a hypocrite."

Can the NRA borrow that quote?

What Nazi reference?

This is the psychological part of it that is so fascinating. They will jump right in with both feet and illustrate my point for me.

Do they not see this? If not, it's another indication to me that commitment to an ideology literally distorts perceptions. No matter how obvious something is, it doesn't deter them from continuing the behavior on which they are being exposed!

So that takes me back to the OP. They will continue to spin and deflect for what is happening (in Europe, for example), clearly without acknowledging the ramifications of what's happening. So is their ideology prohibiting them from seeing what is happening? Are they then being honest, that they really don't see it?

Fascinating stuff.

I don't think you expected anyone to say "hey Mac you are right, I am a hypocrite."
No, but I did predict the behavior.

Okay, it's not like that was a crazy prediction.

Some interesting thoughts on the thread, though.

Would you have attacked the German people in 1942?

They are conditioned to attack when they are exposed like this.

The fact remains that they are defensive of and very tolerant of Islam, that they deflect in favor of Islam (as is being so clearly demonstrated here), and they are very quick to attack Christianity as viciously as possible at every opportunity.

They can't deny those facts, so off the track they go.

My question here is why. Their motivation for this behavior. I think Dogmaphobe provided excellent theories in post 39.

You have yet to prove your theory.

Please name names. Provide examples of people here defending acts of Islamic terrorists and then attacking Christianity. Can you do that?

He can't name any because there aren't any.

He manipulates one's defense of innocent Muslims to try to make it appear they are defending terrorists.

Plus you can note his bigotry in the OP
This is so fascinating to watch, and election of London's new mayor is shedding even more light on it.

Members of one specific religion - a religion with a current record of extreme violence, intimidation and terror - are telling us precisely what they're going to do, and they're doing it. It's expansion is clear and rapid and undeniable. We're watching it happen in real time, particularly across Europe. This isn't a partisan or religious opinion, it is a clear fact, based on observation.

Meanwhile, a group of people - the Regressive Left (as honest liberal Bill Maher refers to them), a group all too happy to attack the misdeeds of another religion (Christianity, obviously) in absolutely every possible way, at absolutely every opportunity, are bending over backwards to be defensive and so very tolerant of the first religion. A religion, by the way, that treats women and gays as lesser objects, among other behaviors that the Regressive Leftists loathe.

Exactly what is happening here?

Is this just a petulant, knee-jerk reaction against Christianity and conservatives, is it that simple? Are they willing to be so very tolerant of one specific religion just to be contrarian against certain other people they hate?

Or could it be more? Is this behavior related to the payback tactics that we're seeing with race and wealth? Or perhaps do they harbor certain affinities for the religion to which they won't openly admit?

And directly to the Regressive Leftists here: I'm certainly not, nor do I ever, expect a straight, clear and honest answer from you on this. What I expect from you is the standard deflection, derision, personal insults and name-calling. I know that's what we'll get, it's an easy prediction. This thread is specifically about your behaviors, not about Islam. I'm just curious about this, and perhaps some other responses will shed some light or provide some clues.

A clear answer on what?

The government of Germany declared war on us, idiot.

Nycarbineer's "innocent muslims" rhetoric is dumbest thing I have heard in this forum yet. His IQ must be less than that of an average muslim - which is about 80. Even muslims understand the basic reality.

And those who hold to Islam has done what to the rest of the world?

The vast majority of Germans didn't belong to the Nazi party.

Should we be bombing Indonesia in addition to ISIS military targets?

Nycabineer's "innocent muslims" rhetoric is dumbest thing I have heard in this forum yet. His IQ must be less than that of an average muslim .- which is about 80. Even muslims get the basic reality.

See, Mac? This guy is the guy you're defending.

Yes, he is defending the guy who admits basic facts, rather than the delusional guy living in an alternate reality. That's how we know he is smarter than you, and not a regressed person.

Aren't you the guy who bitches about US drones killing innocent Muslims as collateral damage in attacks on terrorists?

Nycabineer's "innocent muslims" rhetoric is dumbest thing I have heard in this forum yet. His IQ must be less than that of an average muslim .- which is about 80. Even muslims get the basic reality.

See, Mac? This guy is the guy you're defending.

Yes, he is defending the guy who admits basic facts, rather than the delusional guy living in an alternate reality. That's how we know he is smarter than you, and not a regressed person.

I'll ask you, then, should we be bombing Indonesia?

Forum List

Back