Donald Trump is giving the over-educated geeks who run the world a sharp lesson in reality

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Sort of reminds me of the Reagan revolution. WAKE up people: say NO to the out of touch elitist corrupted career Politician. good article

SNIP:

The establishment has thrown everything at Donald Trump and failed. Again and again, he brushes off their insults and indignation and bags a few more million votes. But unlike everyone else in the media, I see Mr Trump’s decisive victory in Indiana as a really hopeful sign for democracy in the West.

Never have professional politicians and media pundits on both sides of the Atlantic been so completely out of step with vast swathes of the electorate. The over-educated simply do not get the under-educated, but under-educated doesn’t equate with stupid. That’s what politicians and the media need to wise up to, and the same goes for Europe as well as the US.

The last decade has seen the triumph of the geek in all fields of endeavour ,from politics to commerce and the media. The kid with specs at the front of the classroom now makes more money and wields more power than ever before, But that doesn’t mean he or she is any better at understanding human nature, and the other kids at the back of the class are getting rowdy. All they have left are their votes – and they’re voting for the impressive-looking boy with blond hair talking their language.

The problem with getting a university education is that it means that most of us end up subscribing to the same international liberal values and the same view of how the world should be, blinding us to the realities of other people’s lives. For a long time the under-educated were okay with this, as they were busy earning money in lower-skilled jobs and trusted the educated elite to look after their concerns and aspirations. Which is what the establishment did for much of the late 20th century, delivering progressive policies that encouraged social mobility and a spread of wealth throughout society.

That trust has now been broken. As I detail in my book Protest Vote, the under-educated have woken up to the fact that the establishment is no longer looking after their interests but feathering its own nest. The rich are getting richer, the poor poorer and social mobility is a faltering engine.

all of it here:
Donald Trump is giving the over-educated geeks who run the world a sharp lesson in reality

Excellent post. Yes....OVER educated assholes. Many think having these college degrees puts them on a pedastal over all the peasants. It doesnt. It means you got brainwashed by a select group of professors while also reading about some shit that we can all access online now.

Aside from the liberal brainwashing......there is little in college a person can't learn online with the exception of the medical/biology stuff where you need physical specimens.

In fact....the military stuff and the college athletes get the best education due to discipline, time management, accountability, perseverance, etc, that they are taught. Shit you can't get online and WON'T get in any classroom.

Don't Go there you may be infected with "Trump" slime disease...

The Times reported:
GOP Reportedly Telling Candidates They Are Free To Skip Convention

In a new sign of the Republican Party’s reservations about Mr. Trump, the top strategist in charge of defending Republican control of the Senate said in a briefing for lobbyists and donors on Thursday that the party’s candidates should feel free to skip the nominating convention in Cleveland in July.
The strategist, Ward Baker, the executive director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, said conventions were a distracting spectacle every four years, according to two people who attended the briefing, and who spoke on the condition of anonymity about the private session. Mr. Baker, the attendees said, told Republican lawmakers that they would be better off talking to voters in their home states.

Sort of reminds me of the Reagan revolution. WAKE up people: say NO to the out of touch elitist corrupted career Politician. good article

SNIP:

The establishment has thrown everything at Donald Trump and failed. Again and again, he brushes off their insults and indignation and bags a few more million votes. But unlike everyone else in the media, I see Mr Trump’s decisive victory in Indiana as a really hopeful sign for democracy in the West.

Never have professional politicians and media pundits on both sides of the Atlantic been so completely out of step with vast swathes of the electorate. The over-educated simply do not get the under-educated, but under-educated doesn’t equate with stupid. That’s what politicians and the media need to wise up to, and the same goes for Europe as well as the US.

The last decade has seen the triumph of the geek in all fields of endeavour ,from politics to commerce and the media. The kid with specs at the front of the classroom now makes more money and wields more power than ever before, But that doesn’t mean he or she is any better at understanding human nature, and the other kids at the back of the class are getting rowdy. All they have left are their votes – and they’re voting for the impressive-looking boy with blond hair talking their language.

The problem with getting a university education is that it means that most of us end up subscribing to the same international liberal values and the same view of how the world should be, blinding us to the realities of other people’s lives. For a long time the under-educated were okay with this, as they were busy earning money in lower-skilled jobs and trusted the educated elite to look after their concerns and aspirations. Which is what the establishment did for much of the late 20th century, delivering progressive policies that encouraged social mobility and a spread of wealth throughout society.

That trust has now been broken. As I detail in my book Protest Vote, the under-educated have woken up to the fact that the establishment is no longer looking after their interests but feathering its own nest. The rich are getting richer, the poor poorer and social mobility is a faltering engine.

all of it here:

Will be interesting to see if the rep party goes after hillary so hard. I doubt it since the same billionaires control both parties.

Excellent post. Yes....OVER educated assholes. Many think having these college degrees puts them on a pedastal over all the peasants. It doesnt. It means you got brainwashed by a select group of professors while also reading about some shit that we can all access online now.

Aside from the liberal brainwashing......there is little in college a person can't learn online with the exception of the medical/biology stuff where you need physical specimens.

In fact....the military stuff and the college athletes get the best education due to discipline, time management, accountability, perseverance, etc, that they are taught. Shit you can't get online and WON'T get in any classroom.
what happened to you dude ? :2up:

Seriously? The hell is wrong with you people? It isn't education that is the line...........it's the money that buys power. They don't need an education because they already have the cash. They don't want you to have an education so they can spin you like a top any direction they want to.

That trust has now been broken. As I detail in my book Protest Vote, the under-educated have woken up to the fact that the establishment is no longer looking after their interests but feathering its own nest.
Now it has been Broken ?...lol it was Broken by Ronald Reagan
LOL No shit ...when did he discover this ? I knew this was going on during the Reagan administration LOL Nice he caught on now...

I have to agree with this. This showed the average citizen they will STEAMROLL over them no matter what . read it if you wish

snip:
How John Roberts Begat Donald Trump
If I have to point to a moment that spawned the current annus horribilis, it would have to be John Roberts’s vindication of Obamacare on June 28, 2012.

all of it here:
How John Roberts Begat Donald Trump
georgeorwellquotes2.jpg

I just happened across a statement by Trump where he said he could pay off the national debt, 18 trillion dollars,

in 8 years.

How educated do you have to be to know that's lunacy?

I just happened across a statement by Trump where he said he could pay off the national debt, 18 trillion dollars,

in 8 years.

More than 8th grade level. Hence Trump's appeal to those who do support him.

Last edited:

in 8 years.

Trump thinks he can do a "strategic bankruptcy" with the US National debt[ as he has done to his debtors to stiff them ] and ask US Bond holders [Think China] to "take a trimming" accept being paid less on the bonds than agreed....of Course this would cause a Financial Armageddon so Trump's handler had to come out and walk back the Insanity that Trump spewed .... Guess what Donny you cannot do that with the "Full Faith and Credit" of the US Government...

Y'know, there's nothing inherently wrong with being educated. There's nothing inherently wrong with being articulate or respectful or decent or dignified.

I would think such qualities and behaviors are positives, and that political ideology is an entirely separate thing.

Am I wrong on that?

College helps develop critical thinking skills , college isn't a trade school, Thank you for admitting you are uneducated

Forum List

Back